BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > kassiered

Conversation Between kassiered and NeonSmiley : )
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 81
  1. NeonSmiley : )
    02-26-2014 02:31 PM
    NeonSmiley : )
    Wow, what a detailed answer! Thanks so much. All I expected was like a word! I never even knew about the platinum bear, or the proper definition of rare. Thanks so much again. You're so helpful. :-)
  2. kassiered
    02-26-2014 04:11 AM
    kassiered
    You know... after thinking about it a bit more... I'd have to say that the employee bears are probably the rarest of all - these are usually made in very small numbers, with the manager's bears being made in only the hundreds.

For example, the platinum bear from 2008 only had about 760 or so made of them in the entire world - which is very rare considering that most bears are made up into the thousands. Even test bears have a few thousand made, iirc.
  3. kassiered
    02-25-2014 11:53 PM
    kassiered
    I've been collecting build-a-bears since 1997, lol, I hope a know a few things about them by now!

Rarest is an odd thing - there would be things like, "rarest USA" or "rarest japanese" or things like that. An overall rarest of them all would be very difficult to determine, given that build-a-bear has been in so many countries and has made so many country exclusives.

I tend to think of animals that aren't a 'reused pattern' as more rare - like a lot of the zoo animals, south african animals, and some of the japanese ones. There are some patterns that were used to make a bunch of 'exclusive' bears - but you can't tell them apart unless you look at the foot.

Most likely, narrowing it down to one super exclusive ultra rarest of them all bear would probably come down to which one was made specifically (and only) for maxine when she retired. lol.
  4. NeonSmiley : )
    02-25-2014 04:37 AM
    Hi Kassie! It seems that you know many things about Build A Bear, so I thought I would ask this question to you. :-)
    What bear, in your opinion, is the rarest bear?
  5. NeonSmiley : )
    04-13-2013 12:11 PM
    Aha, okay
  6. kassiered
    04-13-2013 11:23 AM
    kassiered
    I think that since they've said that certain items are exclusive to the people that have the birth certificate, there is an expectation that those items will not be available to people that did not purchase the animal / get the birth certificate. I do not like it when the developers are oblivious as to which items are which and accidentally make them available to everyone; build-a-bear has to uphold its promise regarding the exclusivity. They've done it a few times and I've expressed my disappointment with the management. I don't have problems with the people that come in and scoop up the glitch - but I do have a problem with the developers.
  7. NeonSmiley : )
    04-12-2013 01:36 PM
    I hope you're okay with it.
  8. NeonSmiley : )
    04-12-2013 10:39 AM
    Hello Kassie!
    Are you okay with the whole Greenzy tree issue?
  9. NeonSmiley : )
    04-06-2013 04:22 PM
    Oh okay, it's fine!
  10. kassiered
    04-06-2013 04:22 PM
    kassiered
    Hmmmm... that's very late AU time, which would be right before I have to be back in the lab at school so probably not....
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT