BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Marshmallow.Unicorn

Conversation Between Marshmallow.Unicorn and kassiered
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. kassiered
    02-25-2014 02:41 AM
    kassiered
    Year of the Horse.
    Super super cute & silky soft horse, I might add... with a necklace and a chinese zodiac chart. A little like the blingy pony, only with brown accents instead of pink. Super cute.
  2. Marshmallow.Unicorn
    02-22-2014 11:32 PM
    Marshmallow.Unicorn
    Oh ok thanks for the info Kassie! By the way, which rare animal was it?
  3. kassiered
    02-22-2014 09:55 PM
    kassiered
    Nope it will not be in the list.
    I have a rare animal sitting on my desk at the moment that is 'new' and only gives me a furry choice - and the animal I want is not in the list.

Typically what happens is that if the animal is not added to bearville, the certificate will not match up with an animal and it will drop you into the furry choice, which of course doesn't have your animal.

Typically it takes months (!) of getting it sorted out with bearville help to fix the animal issue, and you have to have a receipt, certificate, etc. It's a pain. Hence why this animal is still sitting on my desk - no one has even posted about it yet and it's a month old. >.<
  4. Marshmallow.Unicorn
    02-21-2014 10:02 PM
    Marshmallow.Unicorn
    Wait quick question:
    Back around 3 years ago, I got the Hot Fudge Sundae bear and when I put it online it gave me the furry choice. When I kept scrolling down I saw the Hot Fudge Sundae bear and obviously chose that. So if you put a bear online and it opens up in furry choice (let's say for example the new Spiderman bear) and gives you a furry choice, will the bear you wanted to put online (Spiderman bear) be on that list? Thanks in advance.
  5. Marshmallow.Unicorn
    02-21-2014 09:50 PM
    Marshmallow.Unicorn
    And that's what happens when people take advantage of these things...
    Anyway thanks for the info!
  6. kassiered
    02-21-2014 09:48 PM
    kassiered
    I know you're surprised by the lack of animals in the furry choice - but people were heavily abusing the system.

There are a few players that took in hundreds of old bears, rebirthed them (before they said you couldn't do that, hence another thing that had to stop because of poor behaviour) and then sold the certificates, added all the 'rarest' animals to their accounts, sold accounts, etc. and doing all the things that build-a-bear asked people not to do (aka, cheating).

Basically, if build-a-bear didn't change the furry system, then it would have completely killed the game immediately as people were 'cheating' to get 'rare' items, etc.
  7. kassiered
    04-21-2012 10:48 AM
    kassiered
    lol Hi Gem! Nice to meet you too, lol.
  8. Marshmallow.Unicorn
    04-21-2012 10:43 AM
    Marshmallow.Unicorn
    Hi kassired! I'm Gem! Nice to meet you.
  9. Marshmallow.Unicorn
    03-17-2012 11:38 AM
    Marshmallow.Unicorn
    Hi! Just wanted to stop by and say that your avvie looks nice.
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT