Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What exactly was "Under The North Star?" (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150865)

ZoeyTrope 03-07-2015 11:52 PM

What exactly was "Under The North Star?"

Longtime Build A Bear lover (since 2003!), longtime lurker of this forum, first time posting.

I, like many of you, are disappointed that Bearville will be shutting down at the end of this month. But, before the place does close its doors, I wanted to get a little bit more info on something in Bearville that I never directly experienced.

My love of BABW reached a low in late 2009, during which these "Under The North Star" webisodes were released. Due to said low, I never got to watch any (heck, I don't even know the plot) but I do know via Maxine's letter that they were pulled from the site soon afterwards due to allegations of "promoting global climate change."
BAB hasn't brought them back since, which is sad because (from what I can tell) the story is a follow-up to Holly and Hal's story, and that story I know and love very well.

So, for anyone who was a part of Bearville during that time and had watched them, what did UTNS entail? (And just a shot in the dark, is there any way I could re-watch them somehow via YouTube or otherwise?)

Just a side note, I also vaguely remember there being a matching book of the story available at the BAB store, unless I'm just confusing it with the Holly/Hal book. Was there really a book as well?

NeonSmiley : ) 03-08-2015 05:46 AM

Hi there! I'm not sure myself about Under The North Star, but I'm sure some members on here will. I hope you find your answer. ;)

VanessaMay18 03-08-2015 08:50 AM

Hi! I can't remember what happens at the end, but if you look up "Under the north pole build a bear" on youtube, the videos come up. You can check it out if you have time. ;)

RachelGirl192 03-08-2015 11:37 AM

never heard of it. I will check it out, too.

MollyFlyer 03-09-2015 02:03 AM

It was incredibly silly that they had to take 'em down. Climate change isn't a matter of debate.

From what I recall, Hal and Holly weren't really in it; instead it was about two polar bears. They went to the north pole where Santa needed help -- standard Christmas special requirement of the holiday needing to be saved, this time because the ice around the north pole was melting so there wasn't a solid runway for the sled to take off from. They built a wind-powered ice maker to form blocks to rebuild the runway, the day was saved, yay.

HoneyBanana30 03-09-2015 02:44 AM

Sorry - I have no idea! >.<
Looks like it's on YouTube, though. :3
I can't share the link, but - just search something like 'Under The North Star BABV'. ^^

I hope you can find it! ^^

karenbearhug 03-11-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyFlyer (Post 4136475)
It was incredibly silly that they had to take 'em down. Climate change isn't a matter of debate.

From what I recall, Hal and Holly weren't really in it; instead it was about two polar bears. They went to the north pole where Santa needed help -- standard Christmas special requirement of the holiday needing to be saved, this time because the ice around the north pole was melting so there wasn't a solid runway for the sled to take off from. They built a wind-powered ice maker to form blocks to rebuild the runway, the day was saved, yay.

Yes, it was incredibly silly that they had to take them down. BABW bowed to pressure from a small, but very vocal group of parents. The parents misconstrued the climate change message and felt that the story was telling kids that Santa and Christmas would disappear if the kids didn't do something about "global warming".