Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Current Build-A-Bear Workshop? (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152241)

bearvillebae 07-02-2017 07:57 PM

Current Build-A-Bear Workshop?

What are your opinions on how Build-A-Bear Workshop is running now....

CambriaSpeedRacer 07-02-2017 09:04 PM

It's not the company I know and love anymore.

bearvillebae 07-02-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer (Post 4193673)
It's not the company I know and love anymore.

Yeah, it sure has changed a lot.Most of the bears are branded now, the new discovery stores, play section, and new party packages are just to name a few. A lot of people don't like those.

The last time I went to BABW was last August, because they had opened a new location at a mall closer to me. It wasn't very busy, however that could be that it was a smaller store, and newer. I was greeted by a staff member who took you through the whole process (which seemed a little wierd to me). The stuffing machines are in the middle of the store, and everything is kind of all over. They also removed ''Fluff Me'' which I was really sad about, and replaced it with a picture taking place. New Birth Certificates & Computers, and New Cub Condos.

I hadn't gone since BV shut down before that.
I got Chewbacca and a Basic Bear (White one, they look different now).

bearvillebae 07-03-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193676)
I haven't gotten anything from them since probably 2013. I outgrew it, which is sad, because I never thought I would. It's just not the same without Bearville.

Yeah, I miss Bearville a lot.

babv rock 07-03-2017 01:31 PM

Well Sharon Price John took over the company.

That speaks a lot of words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearvillebae (Post 4193674)
Yeah, it sure has changed a lot.Most of the bears are branded now, the new discovery stores, play section, and new party packages are just to name a few. A lot of people don't like those.

The last time I went to BABW was last August, because they had opened a new location at a mall closer to me. It wasn't very busy, however that could be that it was a smaller store, and newer. I was greeted by a staff member who took you through the whole process (which seemed a little wierd to me). The stuffing machines are in the middle of the store, and everything is kind of all over. They also removed ''Fluff Me'' which I was really sad about, and replaced it with a picture taking place. New Birth Certificates & Computers, and New Cub Condos.

I hadn't gone since BV shut down before that.
I got Chewbacca and a Basic Bear (White one, they look different now).

Well when we visited Singapore last year we got to make a bear at BABW. The branches here are not yet renovated (Phew XD) and so the fluff me section was there. I really had fun stepping on the pedal (I haven't stepped on it since ages). Other than the facade everything was new: Like 90% are promotional stuff, plain certificates but the experience of bringing a bear to life was still there.

CambriaSpeedRacer 07-04-2017 11:32 AM

https://s7.postimg.org/kxx0uwdaj/IMG...303368_HDR.jpg

What even is this

bearvillebae 07-05-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193708)
what on earth

How does anyone think that's cute?

st2nic 07-08-2017 11:30 AM

did not make any effort to go to babw camp at end of june to make origami.
no effort to get spiderman or other movie poster.
we no longer do babw parties, or make animals for birthdays.

we attend comic con type free events at libraries or comic book stores, but even when pitch perfect2 talks about building a bear or doctor who has a stuffed bear, we still are not motivated to go to a babw without the virtual world - bearville.com

had thought about purchasing the domain since it is available.

mayaluckybear19 07-14-2017 06:06 PM

it's really sad that build a bear has changed so much. it's gone downhill in the last few years especially with the removal of bearville. obviously it's always been a business but nowadays it seems far too commercially orientated as opposed to how it used to be. but i'll always have nice memories of build a bear, and i'm glad we got to experience it back when it was still good

st2nic 07-14-2017 10:57 PM

anyone interested in the hot topic crossover plastic figure from BABW?