Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beginners Guide to Buildabearville (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Unfair Trades. :( (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143507)

harryadventurous216 08-05-2012 11:07 AM

Unfair Trades. :(

Okay, today I was in roughly 14 trades. Only about 4 of them were successful. Here is the reason:

Reason 1) I've just started looking and someone cancels.

Reason 2) People ask for my TV and couch (1,300 BB that cost me) and all they say I can have is a July fountain item! I ask for more but the person just cancels.

So, nobody understands the word 'Fair Trade', do they? A fair trade is when people trade things of the same value, or money.

I just wanted to remind people and explain my feelings about 'Unfair Trades'. In fact, BV should run a 'Fair Trade' week, where people are encouraged to do FAIR trades.

Oh, and if these threads aren't allowed, sorry.

MeowMeow 08-05-2012 12:27 PM

I know what you mean about people canceling as you're looking, like if you accepted the trade then you should show enough respect to go through with it. And the fair trade thing sounds great! :D

christmas 08-05-2012 12:33 PM

I hate when people take ages looking & then say "Hurry !" as soon as I start. I just cancell then. :wallbash:

kaugirl 08-05-2012 12:36 PM

people ask and then cancel after looking through, if they really wanted to trade , they should have looked at my items before they ask......

MeowMeow 08-05-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas (Post 3970024)
I hate when people take ages looking & then say "Hurry !" as soon as I start. I just cancell then. :wallbash:

Arggg I hate that so much too!

BEARILICIOUS 08-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas (Post 3970024)

Also, when you ask them to trade, but they want to look first. Um....no!

Quote:

Reason 1) I've just started looking and someone cancels.

I do have to say that there have been times when I accidentally clicked on the accept without meaning to and then cancelled the trade, but that's a little different than what you're talking about.

I also love when people want your rare items and want to give you nothing in return. Just because you might be a high roller doesn't give you the right to try and rip people off.

MollyFlyer 08-05-2012 01:30 PM

I've had people ask for a PSI in exchange for a fountain item, or try to give me only 25 bb in exchange for three PSIs.

What I think would be helpful is if there were a requirement before you could activate trading on your account -- go through a basic test, sorta like the jr cybearguide test, that helps you assess the value of certain items, so that you won't be scammed and won't make unfair demands.

Zoey2Hip24522 08-05-2012 01:39 PM

One time, this girl wanted my swing set and pool for 50bb. I was so mad, lol.

ShonaAdorable33 08-05-2012 01:55 PM

Sometimes when I trade with people they want all this stuff and put in nothing from them, then they say hurry. It drives me maaaad. lol.

buildabear14 08-05-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyFlyer (Post 3970088)
I've had people ask for a PSI in exchange for a fountain item, or try to give me only 25 bb in exchange for three PSIs.

What I think would be helpful is if there were a requirement before you could activate trading on your account -- go through a basic test, sorta like the jr cybearguide test, that helps you assess the value of certain items, so that you won't be scammed and won't make unfair demands.

I think that maybe the people who offer fountain items in exchange for a PSI or a rare item are new to BABV or something like that. They might not know how much those things are worth.

I think taking a test to activate trading is a great idea! :D