Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Bear = Inventory Space (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146995)

CurlyQ95 01-17-2013 03:36 PM

New Bear = Inventory Space

Hey guys! I was thinking, since we all have inventory space struggles, it would be a great idea for BABV to do something about it. So, I thought, they could do for every bear you bring to life online you would receive an extra page of inventory space. What do you think? 1 bear = 1 page? I am in the predicament right now where I don't have any space left on my main account, and even though I have a bunch of credits to spend I can't use them because I get the message telling me to sell stuff or store it to make room.

NeonSmiley : ) 01-17-2013 03:37 PM

Awesome idea. I would love to have an extra 30 pages of inventory! For smallfries, it could be half a page? :-)

MadelyneCinnamon3 01-18-2013 12:00 AM

It might be hard to do half a page, maybe 2 pages and one page for smallfrys or just none for smallfrys and one for regular BAB's.
Great idea though!

Sallheart14 01-18-2013 03:01 AM

This is a great idea! You should totally contact Maxine or something!

MollyFlyer 01-18-2013 06:40 PM

It would be nice, but I don't think that they're inclined to do anything that gives extra inventory space -- when we had the old badge system, I earned a bunch of extra pages because I had a lot of badges (including one platinum badge), but then they switched to a flat twelve pages for every section, regardless of any other factor. The only real options are either to shove everything in your attic or store things on a side account.

kassiered 01-22-2013 12:06 AM

The problem with adding pages when you add bears is that there will always be people like me in bearville - I have over 300 bears.

One of the hardest pieces to code in a game is virtual storage space. It's always error-prone (remember losing things when you put them in your attic?) and it's always a major problem to deal with because people collect so much stuff (how many people hang on to everything that's 'old' in case it might be rare?).

While I would *love* for them to completely overhaul the inventory system (seriously, why can't I make an entire 'outfit' that I just click and it swaps out everything I'm wearing?!), add new features for organising (because right now it's just a mess) -- I don't see them tackling that stuff any time soon, because it's really the hardest thing to do.

baileywaterfall76 01-22-2013 12:21 AM

I agree, I would love that idea. I am someone that is well over the amount of pages ( I have 70 something? this is what I get for buying everything at pawlette's lol) But the fact is inventory and adding codes for it, it really isn't easy. I know a site that gives me 15 spaces ( like one item per space) and it can't last me half a month, forget three months lol. So while I would love for it to happen, babw is gonna have to start out slow with it.

Gallifrey 01-22-2013 01:17 AM

I agree, it would be great if they would consider looking into this. It's particularly a problem, as others have mentioned, for people who can't use their BVO credits. I wish that the purchase of BVO items, at least, wouldn't be affected by your number of inventory pages.