Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yikes! I need help!! (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   No birth certificate (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150885)

fletus 03-15-2015 10:09 PM

No birth certificate

I just purchased 3 babs from a store in utah today. When I got home I realized none of them came with a birth certificate. How do I acquire them?

MelonyAutumn7 03-15-2015 10:22 PM

Hi their! Sadly BAB is no longer printing certificates...As you know BABV is closing on the 31st of this month....I'm sorry to disappoint you but your account will also go away at the end of the month. I suggest taking pictures of all your important pieces....
Hope this helped! :)

Bear hugs! :D

EmmaGreen20 03-16-2015 05:48 PM

I'm under the impression that Build a Bear stopped putting the code on the birth certificates but did not stop printing them out all together. I once went to the store in Downtown Disney and they forgot to give me mine so I went back and got it. Did you actually go threw the naming your bear process on the computer. If you did then they forgot to give it to you. If you didn't then I guess you don't have one. You could always make one though! Sometimes it you look hard enough you kind find a make your own certificate on foreign BAB websites. I think I have actual done that before. Hope this helps!

BritneyBearHug791 03-16-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaGreen20 (Post 4137203)
I'm under the impression that Build a Bear stopped putting the code on the birth certificates but did not stop printing them out all together. I once went to the store in Downtown Disney and they forgot to give me mine so I went back and got it. Did you actually go threw the naming your bear process on the computer. If you did then they forgot to give it to you. If you didn't then I guess you don't have one. You could always make one though! Sometimes it you look hard enough you kind find a make your own certificate on foreign BAB websites. I think I have actual done that before. Hope this helps!

When did you do that? If it was before the announcement that BV was closing, then it probably worked out that time, but if it was after the announcement, then there's no way that they "forgot" the certificate. Therefore, Melony is right.

EmmaGreen20 03-16-2015 06:12 PM

The Downtown Disney story occurred a couple years ago. I just told it because it is plausible that the employees forgot to put it in. I'm not positive they still do the birth certificates. I'm just referring to what BAB said in the official announcement: "Our [Build a Bear Workshop] stores are no longer printing out key codes on the birth certificates."

MeghanMusicLuvr28 03-16-2015 06:49 PM

I haven't gotten any bears in a few years, but I've seen people that have gotten birth certificates made recently. They no longer have the Bearville codes to bring them to life, but they still have information like the animal's name, weight, fur color, eye color, etc.

CambriaSpeedRacer 03-16-2015 09:08 PM

I got Arkytior beginning of February, and got a certificate. BABW still does certificates, that's for sure. They just leave out the keycodes. Did you do the naming thing? Because that's how you get the certificate...

karenbearhug 03-17-2015 12:54 AM

Yes, Build A Bear absolutely does still give out birth certificates. In fact, they just completely changed their design and rolled out brand new certificates last Tuesday. I would suggest giving your store a call - most keep certificates that were accidentally left behind or not put in the boxes. They may be able to put yours in the mail for you.

TygerStar 04-03-2015 03:21 PM

Try Email

You can also email BABW customer service and tell them you didn't get your birth certificates. They will ask you some questions about which animals you got, maybe your receipt, etc. But they will mail your birth certificates to you. I got several that way. If you have them, send them pictures of the furry friends that are missing the birth certificates. That will help.