Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Current Build-A-Bear Workshop? (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152241)

bearvillebae 07-02-2017 07:57 PM

Current Build-A-Bear Workshop?

What are your opinions on how Build-A-Bear Workshop is running now....

CambriaSpeedRacer 07-02-2017 09:04 PM

It's not the company I know and love anymore.

bearvillebae 07-02-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer (Post 4193673)
It's not the company I know and love anymore.

Yeah, it sure has changed a lot.Most of the bears are branded now, the new discovery stores, play section, and new party packages are just to name a few. A lot of people don't like those.

The last time I went to BABW was last August, because they had opened a new location at a mall closer to me. It wasn't very busy, however that could be that it was a smaller store, and newer. I was greeted by a staff member who took you through the whole process (which seemed a little wierd to me). The stuffing machines are in the middle of the store, and everything is kind of all over. They also removed ''Fluff Me'' which I was really sad about, and replaced it with a picture taking place. New Birth Certificates & Computers, and New Cub Condos.

I hadn't gone since BV shut down before that.
I got Chewbacca and a Basic Bear (White one, they look different now).

MeghanMusicLuvr28 07-03-2017 07:16 AM

I haven't gotten anything from them since probably 2013. I outgrew it, which is sad, because I never thought I would. It's just not the same without Bearville.

bearvillebae 07-03-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193676)
I haven't gotten anything from them since probably 2013. I outgrew it, which is sad, because I never thought I would. It's just not the same without Bearville.

Yeah, I miss Bearville a lot.

babv rock 07-03-2017 01:31 PM

Well Sharon Price John took over the company.

That speaks a lot of words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearvillebae (Post 4193674)
Yeah, it sure has changed a lot.Most of the bears are branded now, the new discovery stores, play section, and new party packages are just to name a few. A lot of people don't like those.

The last time I went to BABW was last August, because they had opened a new location at a mall closer to me. It wasn't very busy, however that could be that it was a smaller store, and newer. I was greeted by a staff member who took you through the whole process (which seemed a little wierd to me). The stuffing machines are in the middle of the store, and everything is kind of all over. They also removed ''Fluff Me'' which I was really sad about, and replaced it with a picture taking place. New Birth Certificates & Computers, and New Cub Condos.

I hadn't gone since BV shut down before that.
I got Chewbacca and a Basic Bear (White one, they look different now).

Well when we visited Singapore last year we got to make a bear at BABW. The branches here are not yet renovated (Phew XD) and so the fluff me section was there. I really had fun stepping on the pedal (I haven't stepped on it since ages). Other than the facade everything was new: Like 90% are promotional stuff, plain certificates but the experience of bringing a bear to life was still there.

CambriaSpeedRacer 07-04-2017 11:32 AM

https://s7.postimg.org/kxx0uwdaj/IMG...303368_HDR.jpg

What even is this

MeghanMusicLuvr28 07-04-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer (Post 4193706)

what on earth

bearvillebae 07-05-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193708)
what on earth

How does anyone think that's cute?

MeghanMusicLuvr28 07-08-2017 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearvillebae (Post 4193716)
How does anyone think that's cute?

beats me
i personally would feel like it's staring at me all the time lol

st2nic 07-08-2017 11:30 AM

did not make any effort to go to babw camp at end of june to make origami.
no effort to get spiderman or other movie poster.
we no longer do babw parties, or make animals for birthdays.

we attend comic con type free events at libraries or comic book stores, but even when pitch perfect2 talks about building a bear or doctor who has a stuffed bear, we still are not motivated to go to a babw without the virtual world - bearville.com

had thought about purchasing the domain since it is available.

mayaluckybear19 07-14-2017 06:06 PM

it's really sad that build a bear has changed so much. it's gone downhill in the last few years especially with the removal of bearville. obviously it's always been a business but nowadays it seems far too commercially orientated as opposed to how it used to be. but i'll always have nice memories of build a bear, and i'm glad we got to experience it back when it was still good

st2nic 07-14-2017 10:57 PM

anyone interested in the hot topic crossover plastic figure from BABW?

SydneyPaw500 07-15-2017 03:19 AM

It's really not the same I think! I visited a few weeks ago, and the bears are all just branded now, pokemon, my little pony, paw patrol… and although they are cute, I'm sure you could buy a rainbow dash stuffed teddy or pikachu from toys r us? I have in the past! I used to love that they were all pretty original from the other stuffed teddies from toy shops. Now bearville is gone, it's certainly lost customers, because older kids would go in just to buy outfitter credits, not the teddies, and they could be pretty expensive! But I'll always have nice memories of it! c:

MeghanMusicLuvr28 07-16-2017 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyPaw500 (Post 4193850)
It's really not the same I think! I visited a few weeks ago, and the bears are all just branded now, pokemon, my little pony, paw patrol… and although they are cute, I'm sure you could buy a rainbow dash stuffed teddy or pikachu from toys r us? I have in the past! I used to love that they were all pretty original from the other stuffed teddies from toy shops. Now bearville is gone, it's certainly lost customers, because older kids would go in just to buy outfitter credits, not the teddies, and they could be pretty expensive! But I'll always have nice memories of it! c:

yup and the toys r us versions are probably cheaper too
the building it yourself aspect is cool at BABW but that's really the only thing that sets it apart from other stores anymore imo

VanessaMay18 07-18-2017 08:46 PM

It's not the same anymore at all; I don't like any of the new bears, it's too branded and the whole feel-good thing is just gone now. But I agree with maya that at least we're lucky we got to experience it while it was good, I have a lot of good memories and feel a lot of nostalgia when I look at old BABW stuff. I still go into the store when I go to the mall because it still looks the same as it did when I was a kid, but if it ever changes to Discovery I don't think I'll go in anymore.

st2nic 07-20-2017 08:01 PM

looks like missed a chance to get the vinyl bab at babw.
http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...ctureid=140963
http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/store/Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop!/productId=prod12110014
mohawk still available on hot topic bear.

http://www.buildabear.com/ProductIma...5049Alt2LR.jpg

bearvillebae 07-23-2017 10:52 PM

Coupons?

:-\
In recent years I haven't been getting coupons, coupons for free Bearville Items (Because of course.. it closed) but also for Birthdays (My Birthday & Animal Birthdays), and they don't give out coupons anymore.

''People don't care about coupons'' Sharon Price John said herself ''We're not a discount brand''. Well I'm sorry but everytime I got a $5 off coupon off of $30 or so I ended up spending way more of that. Just sayin

CurlyQ95 07-31-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193676)

Same. I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanessaMay18 (Post 4193921)
It's not the same anymore at all; I don't like any of the new bears, it's too branded and the whole feel-good thing is just gone now. But I agree with maya that at least we're lucky we got to experience it while it was good, I have a lot of good memories and feel a lot of nostalgia when I look at old BABW stuff. I still go into the store when I go to the mall because it still looks the same as it did when I was a kid, but if it ever changes to Discovery I don't think I'll go in anymore.

Also agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4193857)
yup and the toys r us versions are probably cheaper too
the building it yourself aspect is cool at BABW but that's really the only thing that sets it apart from other stores anymore imo

Does anyone know how BABW is doing from a sales standpoint since BABV closed?
I mean, I know the Pokemon have sold well, but aside from that.

CambriaSpeedRacer 07-31-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyQ95 (Post 4194113)

Also agree with this.

Not a clue. From what I can gather, it's doing pretty well...

CurlyQ95 07-31-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer (Post 4194118)
Not a clue. From what I can gather, it's doing pretty well...

These children today don't know what they are missing.

You know, as someone who is majoring in web and mobile computing (back end and front end coding for websites and applications) at a school with some of the best computing majors in the world (#2 or #3 globally for game development), there are so many times when I think, "Man, if only I could get my hands on BABV's code...". Obviously that will never happen, but I wish.

bearvillebae 08-01-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyQ95 (Post 4194120)
These children today don't know what they are missing.

You know, as someone who is majoring in web and mobile computing (back end and front end coding for websites and applications) at a school with some of the best computing majors in the world (#2 or #3 globally for game development), there are so many times when I think, "Man, if only I could get my hands on BABV's code...". Obviously that will never happen, but I wish.

When they were about to close Bearville some people were hopeful that the new Build-A-Bear Play would be fun. Sadly, it's not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyQ95 (Post 4194113)

Also agree with this.

Build-A-Bear is back to earning money after there huge drop. That's probably because everything is cheaper: branded bears which they can sell for more money (like 90% of the furry friends, and it's Build-A-BEAR! A Bear! Not a Pokemon.), plain certificates, new discovery stores are cheaper to operate as well: the stuffing machines look like they cost less, they removed the fluff me station, they completely abandoned the plan of the ''High Tech'' BAB you could say, cheaper birth certificates that look super plain, and closing some stores and replacing them with these Build-A-Bear Kiosks.

Don't even get me started on the kiosks, there like 100 feet long. At the begining, there's the Take Me Home, then Choose Me & Hear Me on One Side, The Stuffing Machine at The End, and then Dress Me, and Name Me (1 Computer) at the end. It's not good.

You wanna notice what I really miss about Bearville: the little things. The music they had, chatting with friends, playing the furtastic fountain, watching craftshop and bearville news and the Chloe show. Those are the fond memories I have of BABW & BABV. I'm so sad that kids today don't get to have the same magic we did:'(

One more thing I forgot to say, I emailed Build-A-Bear with all of my complaints about them closing Bearville many times, plus all the new branded stuff, and I got the same response each time, which I mean is normal but...

There getting really annoyed with me and you can tell when they say ''Once Again, Thank you for your interest In Bearville, however we will NOT be returning. Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. will be moving forward with other platforms. That's all they said, and they're getting clearly annoyed with me. But, that's okay. I'm going to continue to email them because I really want them to listen. They're not going to.

Maxine dosen't run the company anymore. They were looking to become a strong profitable company again. They did that. But it lost the magic. :'(

bearvillebae 08-04-2017 10:12 PM

I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance

I went back today. I decided that Build-A-Bear has and always will be a company I love. My local Build-A-Bear had a special style of a Moose that is only at that location, so I made that.

I walked in to BABW and spent a while deciding which bear to get. I did notice a lot of licensed matiriel.

I got a sound. I looked at music. There were three songs avaleble: Cheerleader, Uptown Funk, and Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae which are all old(er) songs. Cheerleader and Uptown Funk weren't sang by the actual singer, just Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae was, so I chose that.

I walked to the stuffers in the middle, put a heart in, and stuffed. Even though the Workshop looks different, the feel of bringing a teddy bear to life/experiance was still there,

Since there's no more Fluff Me, I went streight to Dress Me. I bought a blue hat, a t-shirt, and jeans (for some reason the only jeans they had we're for ''Build-A-Dino''-- which I thought they didn't have anymore, but anyway, they fit).

Birth Certificates at the computer. It didn't have me enter the Find A Bear ID Program. I asked, and apparently people were sick of entering their email address and stuff every time, so now it only asls you to name it, then if it's your first time at build-a-bear, gender, and name.

The Birth Certificates are still plain looking, but I still like them. One thing I wondered though, is they still have the ID Number on them even though there's no more find-a-bear/bearville, So what's the point? PS: Maxine's Signature was still on it :)

Then, it's time to pay. I wasn't really paying attention to the cost as I was just observing the workshop and asking questions. It rang up as $63. That included a $25.50 Bear, $7.00 Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae Sound, Hat, T-Shirt, Jeans, and A $5 Drawstring Backpack.

PPS: I was thinking about getting the 20th Aniversery Bear, but it had pegs in it's arms so the arms could rotate back (what the heck!) and I hated that, so I didn't choose that one. It's a shame though, because it was a cute bear.

And the reason I went with a Drawstring Backpack was because the Cub Condo's looked pretty plain, and I didn't want a plain bag either. I think the backpack was okay though. It had the old logo and was orange colored and glow in the dark.

So, overall I think it was a pretty good experiance. I miss things from the past, but at least I still am able to make my own teddy bear, even if it's more exspensive.

st2nic 08-05-2017 12:28 AM

' I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance'

thanks for sharing.

not the same experience as ours.

we did find the new Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop! at our local babw, plastic in the box with plenty of others on the bottom shelf facing away from the entrance.

did not have the furry one only the plastic. the clothes were sold separately in store, but not on the web site. the jacket in store did not have the bear's picture like the one on Hot Topic website that is to match clothes with babw. but Hot Topic had received no Furry-N'-Fierce clothing and did not even have the bear on display that had been received.
score - babw 0 - hot topic even less
the amusement park has a stuffing machine that I have never seen used.
have seen many many stuffed animals with happy families without its use.

then at clearance shopping at not babw, we found some babw clothes in boxes.
the pictures indicated very cheaply made clothes that we would not and did not buy. I have some high quality babw clothes, and this just about made me ill.
the mcdonald's happy meal animal (babw) free shirts were lovely in comparision.

I still have more affection for the babw on display on fences in memorials (seen many, unfortunately) than for the new ones in the store. I continue to check on the store, when i feel it is not overly expensive like the $5 bear last sept., but unwilling to pay $80 for the avenger collection on minis or even the $40 + for the
Guardians of the Galaxy mega minis.
the $0.50 unicorn(babw) from garage sale gets more attention at our house. keep thinking of having it restuffed since it is not as soft as should be.

long to (be in ) bv with enchanted pony or dragon.
Spoiler: show
from financial reports... We also believe that we will be able to generate revenue from the sale of products used exclusively on line in the virtual world space. Our research has shown that approximately one out of every three guests who complete our survey visit bearville.com before visiting our store and that over 40% of all animals registered in our stores by the key bearville.com demographic come online at the site, enhancing value for parents and engagement for kids. In 2008, we introduced virtual world products which are sold online and in our stores and in 2009 we expanded the offerings to include additional game cards as well as monthly and annual subscriptions to the site. Game cards can be used to buy exclusive virtual items, including rides, homes, furniture, clothing and accessories. Online subscriptions provide monthly credits and bonuses to members.

CambriaSpeedRacer 08-05-2017 12:33 AM

My last trip to Build-a-Bear was when I took that picture I posted earlier in this thread. It wasn't a very comfortable experience, and that's all I'm going to say. Mainly because I blacked out later that day so most of my attention was focused on staying cool and not, y'know, sharing the tale. And also it was a few weeks ago.

MeghanMusicLuvr28 08-05-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearvillebae (Post 4194175)
I went back today. I decided that Build-A-Bear has and always will be a company I love. My local Build-A-Bear had a special style of a Moose that is only at that location, so I made that.

I walked in to BABW and spent a while deciding which bear to get. I did notice a lot of licensed matiriel.

I got a sound. I looked at music. There were three songs avaleble: Cheerleader, Uptown Funk, and Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae which are all old(er) songs. Cheerleader and Uptown Funk weren't sang by the actual singer, just Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae was, so I chose that.

I walked to the stuffers in the middle, put a heart in, and stuffed. Even though the Workshop looks different, the feel of bringing a teddy bear to life/experiance was still there,

Since there's no more Fluff Me, I went streight to Dress Me. I bought a blue hat, a t-shirt, and jeans (for some reason the only jeans they had we're for ''Build-A-Dino''-- which I thought they didn't have anymore, but anyway, they fit).

Birth Certificates at the computer. It didn't have me enter the Find A Bear ID Program. I asked, and apparently people were sick of entering their email address and stuff every time, so now it only asls you to name it, then if it's your first time at build-a-bear, gender, and name.

The Birth Certificates are still plain looking, but I still like them. One thing I wondered though, is they still have the ID Number on them even though there's no more find-a-bear/bearville, So what's the point? PS: Maxine's Signature was still on it :)

Then, it's time to pay. I wasn't really paying attention to the cost as I was just observing the workshop and asking questions. It rang up as $63. That included a $25.50 Bear, $7.00 Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae Sound, Hat, T-Shirt, Jeans, and A $5 Drawstring Backpack.

PPS: I was thinking about getting the 20th Aniversery Bear, but it had pegs in it's arms so the arms could rotate back (what the heck!) and I hated that, so I didn't choose that one. It's a shame though, because it was a cute bear.

And the reason I went with a Drawstring Backpack was because the Cub Condo's looked pretty plain, and I didn't want a plain bag either. I think the backpack was okay though. It had the old logo and was orange colored and glow in the dark.

So, overall I think it was a pretty good experiance. I miss things from the past, but at least I still am able to make my own teddy bear, even if it's more exspensive.

I believe the ID number is also on a piece of paper they place inside your furry friend so that if it's ever lost and returned to a BABW store, they can check that and try to get them back to their owners.

bearvillebae 08-06-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28 (Post 4194180)
I believe the ID number is also on a piece of paper they place inside your furry friend so that if it's ever lost and returned to a BABW store, they can check that and try to get them back to their owners.

I asked BABW. They don't do Find-A-Bear for new animals anymore unless you ask to add them, because people we're getting annoyed with having to put in their email, address, phone number, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by st2nic (Post 4194178)
' I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance'

thanks for sharing.

not the same experience as ours.

we did find the new Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop! at our local babw, plastic in the box with plenty of others on the bottom shelf facing away from the entrance.

did not have the furry one only the plastic. the clothes were sold separately in store, but not on the web site. the jacket in store did not have the bear's picture like the one on Hot Topic website that is to match clothes with babw. but Hot Topic had received no Furry-N'-Fierce clothing and did not even have the bear on display that had been received.
score - babw 0 - hot topic even less
the amusement park has a stuffing machine that I have never seen used.
have seen many many stuffed animals with happy families without its use.

then at clearance shopping at not babw, we found some babw clothes in boxes.
the pictures indicated very cheaply made clothes that we would not and did not buy. I have some high quality babw clothes, and this just about made me ill.
the mcdonald's happy meal animal (babw) free shirts were lovely in comparision.

I still have more affection for the babw on display on fences in memorials (seen many, unfortunately) than for the new ones in the store. I continue to check on the store, when i feel it is not overly expensive like the $5 bear last sept., but unwilling to pay $80 for the avenger collection on minis or even the $40 + for the
Guardians of the Galaxy mega minis.
the $0.50 unicorn(babw) from garage sale gets more attention at our house. keep thinking of having it restuffed since it is not as soft as should be.

long to (be in ) bv with enchanted pony or dragon.
Spoiler: show
from financial reports... We also believe that we will be able to generate revenue from the sale of products used exclusively on line in the virtual world space. Our research has shown that approximately one out of every three guests who complete our survey visit bearville.com before visiting our store and that over 40% of all animals registered in our stores by the key bearville.com demographic come online at the site, enhancing value for parents and engagement for kids. In 2008, we introduced virtual world products which are sold online and in our stores and in 2009 we expanded the offerings to include additional game cards as well as monthly and annual subscriptions to the site. Game cards can be used to buy exclusive virtual items, including rides, homes, furniture, clothing and accessories. Online subscriptions provide monthly credits and bonuses to members.

I'm sorry that you didn't have the same experiance as me. The only thing that's changed in our store is the furry friends, the Birth Certificates, some of the clothes, and the new store format.

One thing I forgot to say, when I went to my local store they we're having like a little special deal thing. If you bought $20 or more at BABW, you get two friendship bracelets, so I got them. On the back of them they say they were made January, 15th, 2001. Wow.

Very interesting about the financial information. I bet that percentage for sure changed when they slacked off on updating Bearville. Now there doing the same with Build-A-Bear Play, no new games, hardly any Bearville Alive Videos. Not that I care anyway, but all their focusing on is the Honey Girls.

BritneyBearHug791 08-07-2017 01:51 AM

i haven't bought anything from babw in years as i outgrew it, theres no more bv, and my mom was kinda skeptical of the business for some reason lol. but when i walked by the nearest babw at the mall it looks so much different and doesn't feel like home anymore. i did enter the store to check out what they had to offer nowadays and everything feels and looks cheaply made, especially the newer bears which aren't as cute as their older bears imo. the place was also dead and not lively like it used to be back then. it's pretty sad.

st2nic 08-07-2017 07:45 PM

did you see the hair for black widow and gamora(minis), as well as the gamora costume?

looks like felt cut with craft scissors, not professional quality work.

JovelynFunCub 08-09-2017 01:02 PM

I just wanted to say - I don't think that Build a Bear is doing that well. If you just look at the BAB stocks online, you can see that there's been an obvious dip. Their highest point was in January 2015 (when we all first found out that Bearville was closing!) and it's steadily been going down. Bad choice, BAB, bad choice...

Ashleighsinger4 08-10-2017 05:33 AM

yeah, it's definitely declining but I guess they should've expected that with their target population growing out of it. we don't have a build a bear workshop in New Zealand, so I can't really say if it's still somewhat popular.

CambriaSpeedRacer 08-10-2017 01:27 PM

For the Find-a-Bear ID System - My grandma sent me a triceratops a few months ago. I have yet to name it, as the last few trips were either spur of the moment or I forgot to take Tricey (and I never actually bought anything either way). Without the Find-a-Bear ID System (I was not annoyed with putting in my data) and with awful certificates, I'm not even gonna bother.

Just a silly tradition now.

bearvillebae 08-10-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashleighsinger4 (Post 4194231)
yeah, it's definitely declining but I guess they should've expected that with their target population growing out of it. we don't have a build a bear workshop in New Zealand, so I can't really say if it's still somewhat popular.

I think that they are really trying to get younger children hooked to BABW instead of a wide-variety of ages. As for financials, they've had some bad moments but overall since she took over it's been getting better. In 2016, they kind of experianced a bit of a rough road, but not as bad as the one from 2008 to 2012.

The Pokemon animals seem to be making a lot of money!

I also wonder how Build-A-Bear At Sea (on Carnival Cruise Ships) is going.

Also, they don't play BABW oringinal music anymore. The only song they still use is ''Birthday Bear'' and they have that on a sound. Otherwise, they play songs like Who Says? By Selena Gomez, and What Makes Your Bueatiful. By One Direction.

I miss the old songs like Be Berrific, Teddy Bear Heart, It's Your Bear Day... those were the jam. I still listen to them on Youtube.

I have also been finding some old Craftshop or BE News videos and watching those...

st2nic 08-11-2017 01:52 PM

news story today about babw mall kiosk? stores.
i was not impressed by store or story.

SydneyPaw500 08-11-2017 05:50 PM

They really are aiming BABW towards younger kids. I got an email today saying they have now brought out shopkins teddies, and with any purchase of one you get a limited edition shopkin figure. Pretty good way to get younger kids to buy a bear just for a figure! In my opinion, they look like a normal cheaply made teddy (and really scary eyes) but with a shopkins logo on its paw…

bearvillebae 08-17-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyPaw500 (Post 4194258)
They really are aiming BABW towards younger kids. I got an email today saying they have now brought out shopkins teddies, and with any purchase of one you get a limited edition shopkin figure. Pretty good way to get younger kids to buy a bear just for a figure! In my opinion, they look like a normal cheaply made teddy (and really scary eyes) but with a shopkins logo on its paw…

Yep, they are aiming for younger kids. In all honesty, that's the worst way to get kids to buy a bear. I hate the shopkins bears, because I feel like there as you said just regular bears with shopkin theming.

AbbygailBearDiva59 08-24-2017 06:06 PM

I couldn't harbour a more negative view of their current operation. They're quickly removing everything that made the shopping experience so enjoyable in a quick-ditch attempt at becoming just like everyone else modern.

Bearville, a Flash relic of the days before HTML5 came to town, could easily have retained all data and been kept up, albeit with no future updates, for a likely insignificant cost. BUT NOOOOO, the woman with the fakest smile I've ever seen has to get rid of it all 2 enshur maxx profitz!!!!!! lol xDDDD

Unfortunately, Bearville lacked the popularity of its counterparts (webkinz, club penguin), so there isn't likely to be a "rewritten" comeback any time soon that won't fall through the roof faster than you can say "Sharon". Even then, I personally wouldn't see much of a point, as I'd be making an entirely new character and losing my old inventory/furry friends/whatever. It just wouldn't be the same for me.

I never liked Webkinz, however Ganz has managed to keep it up and running even in the mobile age and I think that is to be applauded. I don't think Webkinz fans will have to deal with shutdown fear for quite some time.

(sorry for bad grammar, i'm mad tired)

eh3an2010 08-25-2017 09:50 AM

it's really sad that build a bear has changed so much. it's gone downhill in the last few years especially with the removal of bearville. obviously it's always been a business but nowadays it seems far too commercially orientated as opposed to how it used to be. but i'll always have nice memories of build a bear, and i'm glad we got to experience it back when it was still good
طراحی سایت

Fairy Zoe 09-06-2017 10:48 PM

I was at the mall yesterday, and we have two major malls in my area. One with a buildabear (in raleigh) and one without (in durham), upon going up to the second floor of the durham mall, south point there was a huge kiosk for buildabear, like a transportable build a bear work shop? I was in tears seeing it, I haven't built a buildabear since 2013 and do not think I will again because the company is no longer what it was 10 years ago when I joined BABV, and its just its so weird. I miss the old company.

st2nic 09-08-2017 08:16 AM

today's offer of $5.50 bear at babw, falling short.
too big for Samaritan’s Purse shoe box, want to give to no one else.
giving cash to relief organizations at the moment, both for disaster relief (worked with all 4 big ones in US) and to feed the hungry.
want babw to give the same, just like sharon did to all those associates and their families on her secret boss episode.
cannot even have the safe place we knew before the (sharon) storm, still pointed to on a babw site.
http://www.buildabear.ca//BABW/CA/As.../hpplaysec.swf
when will the cries be heard?