Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Rules (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sharing Accounts (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80436)

LocoBananas 06-18-2010 02:18 AM

Sharing Accounts

Sharing your account with anyone, including your parent, is NOT allowed. If we see any posts from your accounts saying "this is so and so's parent/sibling/friend" there WILL be consequences. You agreed not to share your account when you signed up. This needs to stop

Rainribbon 06-18-2010 03:13 AM

To add to that, I have seen more instances of the common forum "excuse" for misbehavior of, "It was my friend/sibling getting hold of my account while I was away from the computer." This, too, must stop.

If you have problems with friends or siblings getting onto your account, don't save your password in the password bank, and don't leave yourself logged in when you step away from the computer. Otherwise, put a password on your screensaver or something and turn it on when you step away from the computer.

BriniGirl 06-18-2010 07:23 AM

I have seen this happening a lot. People just trying to be funny...but it's not because it's against the rules.

Thank you for posting this. :)

DemetriaZeroBear 06-18-2010 09:07 AM

Thanks fur posting :] Sharing in account is dangorous acaully. Even if its your friend your friend could do somthing to get you banned and there will be consequeneses. So, when you get banned and it was your friend I'm sure staff won't wanna here it :]

MillieBlue2 06-18-2010 09:08 AM

Thanks for posting(:

Abbibee258 06-18-2010 09:55 AM

Thanks for posting :)

alicefan23 06-18-2010 10:00 AM

Thank you so much for posting this. I've seen so many posts about this in some form or another.

angel89 06-18-2010 10:02 AM

i agrre Thank you for posting

katherinesunbeam 06-18-2010 10:20 AM

Thanks for the reminder of sharing accounts. (:

SilverStars 06-18-2010 10:27 AM

I Strongly Agree. Thanks For Posting!

DemetriaZeroBear 06-18-2010 11:41 AM

May I add on?
People use there brothers and sisters as an exuse, even if they dont have one!

Person: *Curse word*
Somone else: Cursing is not allowed, I reported you
Person: Sorry, my brother got on.

That kind of stuff is like an exuse to not get banned... So DONT do that either, its a trick peoples!

MelanieJuly16 06-18-2010 02:26 PM

Thanks for posting! :)

MeghanMusicLuvr28 06-18-2010 03:23 PM

Thank you for the reminders.

Fairyleanne8 06-18-2010 05:08 PM

Thanks for posting.

princessheart91 06-18-2010 05:11 PM

Thanks for posting :)

littlegirl287 06-18-2010 05:27 PM

Thanks posting (:

laurenblue50 06-18-2010 06:23 PM

This rule can be broken easily, because friends will get on and you cannot stop them sometimes. :/ So, I wouldn't blame anyone if their friend got on or sibling. However, that's just my opinion.

VannessaAdorable9 06-18-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks for posting. :)

moonbow 06-18-2010 07:48 PM

Thank you for posting. I Strongly Agree. I know many of the 'my sibling was on my account' is usually an excuse for their own bad behavior. If you have someone in your family you can just log out of BI when you aren't playing or log out of your computer.

Rainribbon 06-18-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenblue50 (Post 1741636)
This rule can be broken easily, because friends will get on and you cannot stop them sometimes. :/ So, I wouldn't blame anyone if their friend got on or sibling. However, that's just my opinion.

You are responsible for all activity that takes place on your account. End of story.

RoseLUVU 06-18-2010 08:01 PM

I agree thanks for posting!

NataliePopstar104 06-18-2010 08:02 PM

Thank you both for posting! I completely agree with you, and understand what you mean when you say this. :) I have seen this happen before, and it is really upsetting when people do so. Again, I thank you both! :]

StarrBalletBear 06-19-2010 02:41 AM

I really agree with this! Thank you for this post, it bugs me when people do that.
Also people shouldn't like give their sibling or friend their account if they were to like quit the site or something, because people might think that's like allowed but it's not.

Zoeadventurebear1052 06-19-2010 03:56 AM

Thanks fur posting, I agree, but I leave my account logged in as I haven't given my account details to anyone.

Purrincess98 06-19-2010 04:21 AM

Thanks for posting [:

DemetriaZeroBear 06-19-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainribbon (Post 1741894)
You are responsible for all activity that takes place on your account. End of story.

Im not trying to argue, but like, What if you were on BI and a robber came in your house and you left BI on and ran... and the robber does terrible stuff on here.. so we can control most people, but not everyone over our accounts

StarrBalletBear 06-19-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemetriaZeroBear (Post 1743284)
Im not trying to argue, but like, What if you were on BI and a robber came in your house and you left BI on and ran... and the robber does terrible stuff on here.. so we can control most people, but not everyone over our accounts

I don't think a robber would stop to use the computer when they had a bunch of valueable items that they were trying to get away with stealing. Maybe a hacker though, which shouldn't happen if you are safe with your password.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonbow (Post 1741868)
Thank you for posting. I Strongly Agree. I know many of the 'my sibling was on my account' is usually an excuse for their own bad behavior. If you have someone in your family you can just log out of BI when you aren't playing or log out of your computer.

One time I was on this one site,
and there was this person who did all this bad stuff
and then a mod came on and they were like yelling at the person
and the person was like, "I DIDN'T DO IT! MY CAT DID!"
and I was like, omg wow.
xD

MeganJump4Joy 06-19-2010 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reminder!

juliabee3 06-19-2010 10:20 AM

i agree. but what if you have a evil brother that keeps trying to find out your password ?? my brother keeps doing this. but i keep changing my password. :( hes mean

LibbyRockStar 06-19-2010 10:23 AM

Thank you for posting, I agree.
[:

moonbow 06-19-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliabee3 (Post 1743531)
i agree. but what if you have a evil brother that keeps trying to find out your password ?? my brother keeps doing this. but i keep changing my password. :( hes mean

Tell your parents what he's been trying to do. =]

DemetriaZeroBear 06-19-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliabee3 (Post 1743531)

Get revenge xD

carahpawsome1 06-19-2010 03:47 PM

I agree totally.

Serenawishes 06-19-2010 03:58 PM

I never shared my account but I used to say from ... with Paw Fur Help the names wud be Bearville Insider names

Rainribbon 06-19-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

If a robber steals your computer, he's not doing so to post annoying or inappropriate messages on a children's website. He doesn't care about your account, and can make his own. Real robbers and hackers want personal data that allows them to steal other things, such as bank info.

I will not accept outlandish stories as excuses for bad behavior. I assure you that the above scenario is much more creative than, "My bratty little brother got my password to try to mess up my reputation."

BriniGirl 06-19-2010 08:58 PM

Wait, so you wouldn't accept the bratty brother scenario? (not saying i'd do that, just saying it's possible.) My little brother knows my password, but I doubt he'd ever do anything to my account.

laurenblue50 06-19-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

well, out of all the things he could do, but all the little time he has to do that, idk if he would get on a build-a-bear website. lol :)

Rainribbon 06-19-2010 09:15 PM

If your brother gets into your account and posts inappropriate things, you are still responsible for your account.

Think of it like if you take out a book from the library. You're responsible for what happens to that book, and if it gets messed up or lost, you have to pay the fine to fix or replace it.

So if your dog chews on the book, your sibling writes on its pages in pen, your parent spills coffee on it, you drop it in the mud, you lose it, etc.; no matter what, you are the one who was supposed to be careful with the book and make sure it came back to the library in the condition in which it went home with you.

Your account is like a book, except you are the one writing in it, and other people can see what you write. Don't let your brother scribble on the pages of your book.

laurenblue50 06-19-2010 09:15 PM

I know RainRibbon, that is the rule.

BriniGirl 06-19-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenblue50 (Post 1745758)
well, out of all the things he could do, but all the little time he has to do that, idk if he would get on a build-a-bear website. lol :)

rofl, very good point. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainribbon (Post 1745761)
If your brother gets into your account and posts inappropriate things, you are still responsible for your account.

Think of it like if you take out a book from the library. You're responsible for what happens to that book, and if it gets messed up or lost, you have to pay the fine to fix or replace it.

So if your dog chews on the book, your sibling writes on its pages in pen, your parent spills coffee on it, you drop it in the mud, you lose it, etc.; no matter what, you are the one who was supposed to be careful with the book and make sure it came back to the library in the condition in which it went home with you.

Your account is like a book, except you are the one writing in it, and other people can see what you write. Don't let your brother scribble on the pages of your book.

Well said. ;)