Bearville Insider Forum

Bearville Insider Forum (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What to do about a scammer (http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85318)

LocoBananas 07-16-2010 12:56 PM

What to do about a scammer

There have been WAY too many threads about scammers and fighting over scammers lately. There is no need to make 100 threads about them.

When you come across a scammer this is what needs to happen

#1 - just ignore them, sure they'll keep sending you messages, but you CAN'T get in trouble. BABV looks at the reports and will throw away ones where the person didn't do anything wrong

#2 - REPORT THEM. Let BABV know what is gong on. If you don't report it to BABV nothing can be done

#3 - DO NOT try to bully the person back. That is against the rules and WILL get you in trouble with BABV.

#4 - Change dens - they can't find you anymore to bug you

#5 - Block the person so they can't message you anymore

If you guys fight back then you are lowering yourself to that scammer's level. Be the better person and just walk away from them

chantellefurshion 07-16-2010 12:58 PM

thanks! i totally agree,
following them and having a bunch of people
gang up on the person is just as cyberbullying
as the person is doing by trying to scam people

BellaBallet205 07-16-2010 12:58 PM

Thanks for this! (:
I agree, too many people have been fighting over the Scammers. We just need to report them and ignore them.

99Valentine 07-16-2010 12:59 PM

I agree with this! :]
I'm so tired of everyone getting in trouble because they're yelling at the one scammer. :P

AbbeyAdorable9215 07-16-2010 12:59 PM

Thanks for posting, whatthey should do if they get scammed or se a scammer is just to report them and send VWPatrol an e-mail. Like you said.

MelanieJuly16 07-16-2010 01:00 PM

I totally agree! Thanks for posting this :]

Rainribbon 07-16-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbeyAdorable9215 (Post 1853242)
Thanks for posting, whatthey should do if they get scammed or se a scammer is just to report them and send VWHelp an e-mail. Like you said.

You mean vwpatrol@buildabear.com ;). But yes, these threads are definitely becoming a problem. If someone bothers you, on BABV, here, or anywhere else, for that matter, don't fight back fire with fire.

As Loco said, it just lowers you to their level, and it's a beary good way to get yourself into trouble. Report them and move on.

It might take a little while for the issue that made you upset to be handled. However, being patient for a bit and feeling angry at someone who really was doing wrong is better than being banned for acting up yourself and being upset about that.

BellaBallet205 07-16-2010 01:10 PM

*nod nod* I wish people didn't scam in the first place. Not nice! ):

BunnyBubbles283 07-16-2010 01:15 PM

Thank you!!! I am getting way to tired about scammers -_-......

Mewws 07-16-2010 01:21 PM

I do have a question. Specifically, what would be an example of a scam? I understand the meaning, but not quite the matter.