View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline
Default Lets talk about REP

Ok folks. I've spent about 15 minutes a day the last few days only on rep issues alone. So, we're going to talk about it...and then I dont want to see any discussions about it for a LONG time.

Many of you have come here from WebkinzInsider and may remember a time when we did away with the rep system. Thats because it had gotten to the state its gotten to on this forum. Fed up with the obsession over rep, Justin and Wendy did away with it (they eventually reinstated it). Before that happens here I want to make sure you all understand the particulars of this issue.

People use it as a popularity indicator and it can end up hurting feelings. When it gets to that point (its VERY close on this forum), trust me, we will not hesitate in doing away with it.

We do NOT allow any discussions of rep, not in signatures, not in posts, not on VMs...nowhere. You all need to just pretend like its not there. Rep is designed to acknowledge when someone has been helpful or kind to you or their post has helped you in BABW. Give it out when you feel so inclined. Smile and be happy when you get it then forget about it.

While the below list may not cover everything, its pretty extensive. But before you look at the list of the types of conversations we are NOT to have, know that we are not to have ANY discussion or posting of rep issues at all. If you think to yourself "Well, fairlyoddmom didnt say we couldn't post anything about rep here" stop yourself and know that this applies to ALL rep issues...far and wide.

No rep threads...even if you're trying to be helpful. Dont start a thread letting people know what its about or how your build it up or that you think it should given for this or that or even that its not allowed. No rep threads period.

No rep mention in signatures or picture albums or in your About Me.

No discussions about how this person now has more rep than that person. Dont even congratulate someone just because they've earned more rep boxes than someone else. You see how it can lead to a contest?

No rep discussion in vms.

Do not offer to give out rep or ask for it either.

Trust me, I like getting it. It makes me smile. But I dont ever expect to be thanked for it and I dont feel like I have to say thank you for it either. That would be like someone saying to you "Thank you." Then, you saying in return "thank you for saying thank you." Get my point?

If you have any questions or concerns, this is the time to ask them without getting your post deleted. Lets get it all out...then lets be happy we have the system and let it be.