View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

I am fine with adding in holidays from other countries, I actually like the idea and hope they do. If you wanted to know how it would feel to have the reverse happen, think about it from the American citizens point of view. Every time they give something that's American in theme or they celebrate one of our holidays people complain. It starts to take the joy out of our celebrations and makes every American event or holiday a debate. I never said it was fair to leave out anyone else, but it definitely makes me feel like there's a lot of people who would rather America just disappear altogether. I want to be proud of my country just like everyone else does.

Here's a suggestion, if you feel like you're being left out, why not just simply ask to be included instead of bashing everything American in the process? There's no need to be negative or disagreeable.

Also you need to keep in mind from a business stand point, I'm sure without doing research that since Build a Bear is an American based (international) company, they probably have more stores and sell more per capita in the American industry than they do elsewhere. Given this consideration they will lean towards the American market more just as any other company would. They spend more dollars marketing where there will be more return, it's just business sense.

As for the suggestions for other Holidays, you also have to keep in mind that BB can only accommodate so many, so trying to get to holidays from every country they sell to wouldn't be probable.

It would be cool if they were able to celebrate holidays that overlap each other such as Halloween & Day of the Dead as well as Christmas & Hanukkah, but you could log into the country that corresponds to see the different celebrations. For example, during Christmas, if you log into the North America Dens you'll get to experience Christmas, but if you log into the Asian Dens you could experience Hanukkah since that's where Israel is. However, I doubt they have enough man power to do this, it would just be cool.

Last edited by BEARILICIOUS; 11-11-2012 at 04:37 PM..