View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

It must be true that the vast majority of their revenue comes from the U.S. As such they can't celebrate something that would be confusing to the majority of young kids who are just coming to play and have fun. However, this just goes to explain the lack of attention the international crowd gets. Sorry.

I agree that labor day was a missed opportunity with those peace sign American flag glasses, which made no sense. We're not going to see Boxing Day, Victoria Day, Orangemen's Day, Oktober Fest, nor Thanksgiving celebrated a month early. So, they shouldn't miss these small opportunities. At the same time, I wouldn't complain too much about the election day tie-in, which is a nice lesson in civic responsibility for the little ones. Maybe you were just on flag overload by that point.

Meanwhile, we still have St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Cinco De Mayo, Christmas, Hanukah, and delayed Thanksgiving. I also enjoyed our Olympic get together this year. So, let's try to meet online more and make everyone feel welcome. I know I really appreciate the international members I've met so far, Mexican, Canadian, British, and New Zealand. Love PR too (not international, I know). If you're from somewhere else, I just haven't met you yet