BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > CyBearGuides

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2009, 12:02 AM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline
Default 'Rebirthing'? 'New Certificates'?

I was bored, and viewing past threads, when I came across this.

I have read EVERY post, and near the end, it says the welcome passes were discontinued, but it didn't precisly say that the whole 'rebirthing' thing was 'outlawed'.

Is it? I have (let me count in my head... ... ...) 9 buildabears maybe? Only 3 did I get the birth certificate with. The rest, I had the whole 'choose a story/certificate'. Guess what I chose? Story. I would LOVE it if I had the opportunity to make certificates for all the others, (my brother would also like it for his 3).

Is it possible to go into BABW and get a certificate? I was reading through the posts and most people said that people who work at BABW are more than happy to please you. I really havn't seen that in the people at my store. My mom says ever since there was a change in management there, the 'employment' has taken a slip, and the people aren't always that reliable, so she feels uncomfortable to ask them. (having gotten in a squabble in trying to get the jump rope code...long story.)
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
TheresaSprinkles
Polar Bear
BABV Name: TheresaSprinkles

TheresaSprinkles is on a distinguished road
 TheresaSprinkles is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
I was bored, and viewing past threads, when I came across this.

I have read EVERY post, and near the end, it says the welcome passes were discontinued, but it didn't precisly say that the whole 'rebirthing' thing was 'outlawed'.

Is it? I have (let me count in my head... ... ...) 9 buildabears maybe? Only 3 did I get the birth certificate with. The rest, I had the whole 'choose a story/certificate'. Guess what I chose? Story. I would LOVE it if I had the opportunity to make certificates for all the others, (my brother would also like it for his 3).

Is it possible to go into BABW and get a certificate? I was reading through the posts and most people said that people who work at BABW are more than happy to please you. I really havn't seen that in the people at my store. My mom says ever since there was a change in management there, the 'employment' has taken a slip, and the people aren't always that reliable, so she feels uncomfortable to ask them. (having gotten in a squabble in trying to get the jump rope code...long story.)
Rebirthing is up to each store's own rules. My store allows you to make ONE old animal a certificate, you probably wouldn't be able to do all of them. The store I used to work at didn't allow it at all. You just have to ask. It's usually a no, but it's worth a try, like I said, I don't think they will let you do more than one, if any. As much as you may feel awkward just ask! It doesn't hurt to ask, and if you don't than you may never know. You can even give them a call on the phone to save yourself a trip!

Oh and I'm really sorry you are unhappy with the people who work at the BABW near you. Hopefully it isn't my store! jk haha. We are always happy + trying to make people happy. I would give them another chance, it might have just been a busy day, or the people my have been new to everything.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by TheresaSprinkles
Rebirthing is up to each store's own rules. My store allows you to make ONE old animal a certificate, you probably wouldn't be able to do all of them. The store I used to work at didn't allow it at all. You just have to ask. It's usually a no, but it's worth a try, like I said, I don't think they will let you do more than one, if any. As much as you may feel awkward just ask! It doesn't hurt to ask, and if you don't than you may never know. You can even give them a call on the phone to save yourself a trip!

Oh and I'm really sorry you are unhappy with the people who work at the BABW near you. Hopefully it isn't my store! jk haha. We are always happy + trying to make people happy. I would give them another chance, it might have just been a busy day, or the people my have been new to everything.
Lol, thanks Thea. I emailed Maxine about this issue, and she sent back some sort of 'special request' for each bear. It's being taken cared of.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

The new policy in my store, is you have to bring the receipt or the animal.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:20 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by SweetStuff-Luu
The new policy in my store, is you have to bring the receipt or the animal.
Lol-definately no reciept-but I don't want to haul all my past babs into BABW
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT