BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Front Page News

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by LindaFriendly
I think they should have never made people without a bear be allowed to use open chat. Because most of the people who used bad language didn't have a bear. They didn't care that their account would be banned. I remember one person said, "I'll just go make another account." People with bears do care if they were banned, especially if they are big collectors and because they paid for those bears that they put online, so they wouldn't risk saying bad things. I'm not saying this would eliminate all the bad seeds but most of them.
I thought you had to have a bear to use open chat?!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
LindaFriendly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LindaFriendly

LindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of light
 LindaFriendly is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by sophiesosweet
I thought you had to have a bear to use open chat?!
Starting in July, I think, people without a bear were allowed to use open chat.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
KCFlyersMom
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KatharineSparkleBear1

KCFlyersMom will become famous soon enough
 KCFlyersMom is offline Status: Offline

Linda is right. I added my character in August, so Flyer would have someone to play with, and I had open chat right away, (plus an empty condo I couldn't even visit, by the way!) even though we didn't add a bear to my account until just a few weeks ago.

I also agree with Linda that most of the inappropriate behavior I noticed, especially late at night, was by characters without furry friends. (The only exception I can think of was a girl who kept pleading with & pressuring my daughter to become her "sister" instead of just friends, so she could "move in" to Flyer's cub condo.!)

Of course, it's possible that those others were backup accounts for folks who did own bears. I wonder if someone who gets kicked off BABV for misbehaving loses all their accounts tied to the same email address, or just the naughty ones...

Oh well, I don't expect to find out myself, being such a goody two-shoes!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Beherenow
Sage Bear
BABV Name: MickeySassyFriend

Beherenow will become famous soon enoughBeherenow will become famous soon enough
 Beherenow is offline Status: Offline

Quote:
I am a mother and would not lie about what a manager told me from the company itself. The manager works for the company. I am not a kid trying to get attention. I don't think the manager would lie to me, she may be misinformed, but how likely is that?

Personally, I didn't like the way some kids talked on BABV. Some kids were really being mean and bullying others around. They even did it to me when I was just standing there minding my own business. The founder of BABW does not want that kind of behavior on her website. It ruins BABW's reputation. And I was one of the mother's who wrote into the company complaining of the behavior of some of the kids.
I am a mother as well, but I prefer the open chat feature. It is very difficult to make yourself clear without the open chat. If players are talking or behaving inappropriately, people should use the report and ignore buttons. I have used both report and ignore, and it works well. Innocent players should be able to enjoy the game fully without the troublesome few.

Last edited by Beherenow; 10-29-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline
Default I agree

We should have freedom of speech back in bearville! It is not fair that some bad kids get open chat banned for all of us! Those kids should be banned or punished in someway not everyone! I know that it is a safety issue and bearville wants to maintain a kid friendly and safe place, but please bring it back! We can not talk about church activites, cheerleading, school activities, or lots of stuff. Now my friends do not get on bearville as much cause we can not hang out and chat.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 PM
DarleneYouRock4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DarleneYouRock4

DarleneYouRock4 is on a distinguished road
 DarleneYouRock4 is offline Status: Offline

I can be patient. Some of you look like it's the end of the world for the chat.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Furbulousity
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Bethanie Jr. Cybearguide

Furbulousity is on a distinguished road
 Furbulousity is offline Status: Offline

The safe open chat in BABV is shut down cause of online predators... I've heard

Most bearville citizens may have stopped coming for alittle cause they don't have the "freedom of speech" there anymore but it's because that was a privilage on Bearville and people abused it by online dating, bad language, and giving out PERSONAL info...

I think without it it isn't much fun anymore and I hope that it will be open once again but more strict, like if someone says or does something that can hurt someone then they should be banned (the I.P address not that one account)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Wendy
Owner
BABV Name: WendyWarmHeart28

Wendy has disabled reputation
 Wendy is offline Status: Offline

Hi folks....I think it might be best to close this thread in order to prevent rumors or heresay from spreading. Maxine's letter clearly outlined what was going on with the Open Chat situation.

Enjoy the Grand Opening Extravaganza!!!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT