BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
KristinPurrincess7
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KristinPurrincess7

KristinPurrincess7 will become famous soon enough
 KristinPurrincess7 is offline Status: Offline

I never heard of the bear hospital. I remember when my first buildabear had a hole in her arm so we took it to Build-A-Bear and they stitched it.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

Yes they are very talented tailors at your local Buildabear Workshop.

They will send it to the hospital if it needs a 'new part' or they can't fix it
Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 AM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Freya
Yes they are very talented tailors at your local Buildabear Workshop.

They will send it to the hospital if it needs a 'new part' or they can't fix it
Do you have to pay for it?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
addball1516
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AddieBallerina15

addball1516 has a spectacular aura aboutaddball1516 has a spectacular aura about
 addball1516 is offline Status: Offline

I have never heard of the Build-A-Bear Hospital before, but it sure sounds like they really fix the stuffed animals with love and care.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:25 AM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Freya
I sent Joey our very first Brown Sugar Puppy to the bear hospital to get a new ear.....our dog chewed it up.

He came back in perfect condition with all the same love markings he had when he was sent. That was very important to us because we wanted to be sure it was the same Joey that came back - the same one that was made and stuffed with love and surely it was. All better.
I am relieved to hear that, Freya. My daughter's Husky needs to have her nose fixed, as most of the vinyl has come off. My daughter is very hesitant, though, because she wants to make CERTAIN that she gets HER Shasta back, even if her nose cannot be fixed.

Now I can look into sending Shasta to the hospital with confidence. Thanks!! I felt confident enough to repair my little girl's Scruffy Puppy when her closure stitches popped open, but a nose job is beyond my skills.

Last edited by blueskies16; 10-30-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Cutestkitten
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Nikibearycute4

Cutestkitten is on a distinguished road
 Cutestkitten is offline Status: Offline

well.. once one of my bears arms fell off.. i just got my mom to sow it back on again
Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
JulieNoodles
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JulieNoodles AKA Pasta

JulieNoodles is a name known to allJulieNoodles is a name known to allJulieNoodles is a name known to allJulieNoodles is a name known to allJulieNoodles is a name known to allJulieNoodles is a name known to all
 JulieNoodles is offline Status: Offline

That is just too cute princesstiara!

I have a bright white bear I love to dress up pretty in pink and I'm afraid to sleep with her because I know she will get drooled on and slept on and every morning she will wake up flatter with crunchier fur lol. I wasn't sure she'd come out so pretty after a wash and I didn't know they would restuff them for you. That's great!

I have a cow with a sound in her arm and when I rolled over on her the sound would play and it would actually wake me up. I got upset with her and so she lived in the basement for a long time. I finally brought her back up just to have another animal to dress in my big collection of pink Hello Kitty Clothes lol but she is just sitting pretty. Next time I go to BABW I will have to bring her along and see if they can do a minor surgery. That would be great!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

This thread made me very brave about giving our Husky furry friends a trip through the washer, as all five -- three regular and two mini -- were rather dingy on their white fur places. I did read up on washing instructions for still-stuffed friends on the BABW website first.

My daughter was worried, so I put hers into one pillowcase, mine into another, and let our two doggy buddies take their bath in the washer together. They came out SO clean and and SO fresh-smelling that the other three "visited the water park" in the next load. All five eventually "sunbathed" outdoors to finish drying, given that the weather was wonderful here that day.

My daughter was THRILLED with how lovely and refreshed her Shasta dog came out!

IMPORTANT NOTE: None of our BAB furry friends has a sound box inside, so we could proceed. BAB tells us that furry friends need to have the sound box removed before going into the washer.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT