BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
MichaelMusicMaker3
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MichaelMusicMaker3

MichaelMusicMaker3 will become famous soon enoughMichaelMusicMaker3 will become famous soon enough
 MichaelMusicMaker3 is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: How do I cut out an image using Paint.Net?

Let's say that I just took a picture of myself in BABV. I save the picture to paint. Then, using Paint.Net, I want to cut out my BABV character to put it on top of a background for my new BABV avatar.

What I am asking is this: How do I cleanly cut out my BABV character? I want it to look neat and clean.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
diamondallheart166
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DiamondPatches34 <love ♥

diamondallheart166 is a jewel in the roughdiamondallheart166 is a jewel in the roughdiamondallheart166 is a jewel in the rough
 diamondallheart166 is offline Status: Offline

Okay. First, this is in the wrong section. But you already knew that. xD

Second, open up your picture in Paint.NET.
Third, choose the magic wand tool.
Fourth, Sort of at the top, there is a bar that says Tolerance. Choose which tolerance you want, (meaning how much you want removed.)
Fifth, click anywhere on the picture until the place you want removed is highlighted. Click the cut button at the top toolbar. (It's the scissors button.)
Sixth, keep doing that if it doesn't do the whole surface.

Usually, I select a big surface and cut off that, then finish it off by erasing the small parts.

I hope this helped. If you have any more questions, or this doesn't make sense, tell me. :]
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM
sweetpumpkinbear203
Polar Bear
BABV Name: traceyadorable203

sweetpumpkinbear203 is on a distinguished road
 sweetpumpkinbear203 is offline Status: Offline

excuse me i do not know how to either lol
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Kittyxd123
Polar Bear

Kittyxd123 has a spectacular aura aboutKittyxd123 has a spectacular aura aboutKittyxd123 has a spectacular aura about
 Kittyxd123 is offline Status: Offline

All you have to do is press the square image next to the blue mouse. Then select the part you want to have. Press copy in the menu and paste it onto a new blank image.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:02 PM
99Valentine
Trading Teddy

99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute
 99Valentine is offline Status: Offline

Use the wand image and click on the background of the image with the character. You'll have to change the percentage levels around, to get the whole image cut.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:08 PM
byninthpear
Trading Teddy

byninthpear is a jewel in the roughbyninthpear is a jewel in the roughbyninthpear is a jewel in the rough
 byninthpear is offline Status: Offline

Go to the wand tool, and under selection mode, click "add to selection" and then keep click solid areas around you, and move the tolerance up if you need to but eventually everything wil be selected.
Or go to a place where everything around you is just one color like sunshine shores and just cut off all the sand color.
Hope i helped!

Oh and that should cleanly cut the background out without you having to do much work!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Awesome-Like-A-Possum :)
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BrookeStylish5 :)

Awesome-Like-A-Possum :) will become famous soon enough
 Awesome-Like-A-Possum :) is offline Status: Offline

I had paint for a while, but it got kind of confusing. For all of my images, I use a system called Gimp. It's free for Windows and Mac and is easy to use! You can cut, like you would with scissors, or use the square or circle selection tool. :O)
Old 03-23-2010, 09:01 PM
sweetpumpkinbear203
Polar Bear
BABV Name: traceyadorable203

sweetpumpkinbear203 is on a distinguished road
 sweetpumpkinbear203 is offline Status: Offline

ohthanks for derections
Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
MaegenBuddy
Trading Teddy

MaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 MaegenBuddy is offline Status: Offline

You need to use the magic pen and click delete or use eraser first then delete

I use GIMP because its much better with transparent it takes colors seriously XD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT