BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: NickiSnowflake (Snow on BABV)

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all
 NickiSnowflake is offline Status: Offline
Default How to make a "Hold a Sign" Avvie using MS Paint. ~As requested by imaginefun.~

So this is how you make your character hold a sign, like you see in the shops, using MS Paint. This was requested by iris. (:

Okay so,

1.) Open up MS Paint. (Really? xD)

2.) Open up a picture of your character. (Preferably one that has one colored background.)
NOTE~ Make sure your hands are down!

3.) Take the "Rectangle" tool and draw a box a little below the waist so that it's just covering part of your arms. (Make sure to pick your sign color now.)

Here's the tools:
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's how it should look so far:

OPTIONAL!! To add a border, just use the "Rectangle" icon, place it on the first option, choose your color and outline the box.

Here's how mine looked. (I will NOT use this for the final product.):

4.) Using the "Text" icon, place a text box in your other box. Then, choose your font, color and type in your text.
NOTE~ Make sure to check the second option!

Here's how it should look before you type. (The red box is just showing where the text box is and is NOT part of the box itself.):

Here's how it looks once you type:

5.) Using the "eyedrop" tool, select part of your characters skin. This step is to prepare to make the hands.

Here's the picture:

6.) Using the "Paint brush," draw some ovals where you imagine the hands to be. (This can be near the top or to the sides. I did mine on top.)

Here's the picture:

7.) Save it as a .png file.

Here's my end result:

If you have any questions, feel free to post on this page or VM me.
Post your results here!

Last edited by NickiSnowflake; 05-22-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
flipjpjellybean
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ■JordynMay5■

flipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to beholdflipjpjellybean is a splendid one to behold
 flipjpjellybean is offline Status: Offline

Great guide!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

Awesome Guide! (:
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

Cool guide! I'll try it sometime.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
ZoeyCuddles2474
Trading Teddy

ZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeyCuddles2474 is offline Status: Offline

Pawsome Guide.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:19 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM
imaginefun
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Call me Crystal

imaginefun will become famous soon enough
 imaginefun is offline Status: Offline

Thanks sooooo much! Heres my final result:
btw could you make a guide about how to make it like your siggie? or can you not do that on ms paint?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
meamay18
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Call me Mai :)

meamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud ofmeamay18 has much to be proud of
 meamay18 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome guide!
Thanks so much!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by imaginefun
Thanks sooooo much! Heres my final result:
btw could you make a guide about how to make it like your siggie? or can you not do that on ms paint?

That's so awesome!

I don'y believe you can do it with MS Paint. I used Paint.NET. Sorry. If you want, you can download Paint.NET. Its free and easy to use!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:39 PM
LindseyArtistBear10
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Umm... look up!!

LindseyArtistBear10 will become famous soon enough
 LindseyArtistBear10 is offline Status: Offline

Great Guide Nicki!!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
cara