BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2010, 10:59 AM
3ponypals
Banned
BABV Name: RavenDazzle15

3ponypals is on a distinguished road
 3ponypals is offline Status: Offline
Question Answered: how do you get an open certifacete?

sorry for the bad spelling, title says all.. how DO you get one?
thanks
3ponypals
Best Answer - Posted by stephaniesparkle
When an animal ID and keycode are not linked to currently available online versions of the furry friend, you receive an open choice. Because you cannot have the online version of the furry friend you purchased, you can choose a substitute online animal. This is usually found with animals made before BABV opened because those animals do not have online versions (ex: Seseme Street characters).

For a long time, BABW allowed guests to "rebirth" old bears (any bear, not just those before BABV came out). Meaning you could print a second certificate for your old bear. Some guests would scan the generic barcode given to them at the Name Me station and choose an animal other than their actual bear for the online codes. There are some animals you can print a birth certificate for at BABW that would give you an open certificate. For example, the snake.

Also, occasionally, you just GET one. It can be a glitch. You can buy an animal that has an online version, but your birth certificate gives you an open choice once you get home. I once bought an Amur Leopard, but it was the 2nd edition of the animal. They hadn't linked the codes with the old PSI yet, so when I entered the code, I got an open certificate.

Long story short, you can't go out and get one. BABW no longer allows printing of additional certificates (because of paper and ink costs). Now, it's just luck of the draw.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:28 PM
ZoePink83
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ZoePink83

ZoePink83 will become famous soon enough
 ZoePink83 is offline Status: Offline

Well, if you want to rebirth a bear go to buildabear workshop. But not alot of workshops allow you to rebirth your bear.
But you can get open certificate by buying a bear on the day it's open or 2nd day.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM
BellaBallet205
Trading Teddy

BellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond repute
 BellaBallet205 is offline Status: Offline

Well, sadly BABW will not give you one for a bear that you made in 07 or before. You can find them for really cheap on eBay or Amazon. I will go look and see if any are for sale for you.

Sorry- I couldn't find any. Doesn't look like anyone is selling them right now. Sorry!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:41 PM
3ponypals
Banned
BABV Name: RavenDazzle15

3ponypals is on a distinguished road
 3ponypals is offline Status: Offline

i don't exactly understand what an open certifacete is..
Old 11-13-2010, 01:43 PM
BellaBallet205
Trading Teddy

BellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond repute
 BellaBallet205 is offline Status: Offline

Oh Okay- An Open Certificate is basically a animal certificate EXCEPT when you enter the Key Code and Animal ID it gives you more then 300 Furry Friends to choose from. Cuddly Lamb, and Spring Hugs Bunny too. Open Certificates are so popular because you can pick from retired Bears. That's how many BABV members receive Bunny Glasses or Furry Feet.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Alma sunshine 2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alma ♡

Alma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant future
 Alma sunshine 2 is offline Status: Offline

open certificate is when your bear was bought in 2007 or before
You look for your bear or a diffrent bear
Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 AM
stephaniesparkle
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: stephaniesparkle95

stephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to all
 stephaniesparkle is offline Status: Offline

When an animal ID and keycode are not linked to currently available online versions of the furry friend, you receive an open choice. Because you cannot have the online version of the furry friend you purchased, you can choose a substitute online animal. This is usually found with animals made before BABV opened because those animals do not have online versions (ex: Seseme Street characters).

For a long time, BABW allowed guests to "rebirth" old bears (any bear, not just those before BABV came out). Meaning you could print a second certificate for your old bear. Some guests would scan the generic barcode given to them at the Name Me station and choose an animal other than their actual bear for the online codes. There are some animals you can print a birth certificate for at BABW that would give you an open certificate. For example, the snake.

Also, occasionally, you just GET one. It can be a glitch. You can buy an animal that has an online version, but your birth certificate gives you an open choice once you get home. I once bought an Amur Leopard, but it was the 2nd edition of the animal. They hadn't linked the codes with the old PSI yet, so when I entered the code, I got an open certificate.

Long story short, you can't go out and get one. BABW no longer allows printing of additional certificates (because of paper and ink costs). Now, it's just luck of the draw.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
GraceAdventureBear64
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RIP GraceAdventureBear64

GraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the rough
 GraceAdventureBear64 is offline Status: Offline

I was about to come here to ask the same quetion.LOL! I'm looking fur a step by step gudie about how you get an OC and what does PSI mean.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:15 PM
MaxBrown22
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MaxBrown22

MaxBrown22 will become famous soon enoughMaxBrown22 will become famous soon enough
 MaxBrown22 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by GraceAdventureBear64
I was about to come here to ask the same quetion.LOL! I'm looking fur a step by step gudie about how you get an OC and what does PSI mean.
PSI is what you get from your bb. Like bunny glasses(idk if they are still in fashion though)
Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 PM
ZoePink83
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ZoePink83

ZoePink83 will become famous soon enough
 ZoePink83 is offline Status: Offline

Open certificate is like the welcome pass. (Welcome pass is you chosoe 5 bears and you don't get any virtual stuff) Welcome passes are banned from babw because people were taking advantage of it. And open certificate gives you a bear of your choice and you get virtual stuff with it.
So if you bought a bear before 2007, you can go to the store and see if they do it. If they give you the open certificate you may be considered lucky

Last edited by ZoePink83; 11-14-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alma<3