BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CarlosGamer1337
yes, thanks for this, seriously, its out of hand, NO OFFENSE to anyone but most guides i see are just something that "Common Sense" should be enough to figure out, sometimes i think peoples are just rep hungry.

Also, "Searching" before posting should be enforced, so many duplicate threads! i wouldn't mind it, but they are posted just few mins after the other, but hey! its just my opinion!
View Post Originally Posted by CarlosGamer1337
yes, thanks for this, seriously, its out of hand, NO OFFENSE to anyone but most guides i see are just something that "Common Sense" should be enough to figure out, sometimes i think peoples are just rep hungry.

Also, "Searching" before posting should be enforced, so many duplicate threads! i wouldn't mind it, but they are posted just few mins after the other, but hey! its just my opinion!
I (speaking as a member) agree with your first statement...but I also cant help but think of those users who really struggle with how to "do" something that seems easy to you and I. So, I just try to have a lot of patience with this. Its tough though.

As for your second point (speaking as staff), I think we would ALL agree. Unfortunately, its very difficult for our small staff to keep an eye on this issue. Thats why we rely on you all for the help.

View Post Originally Posted by Snewdles
Thank you for drawing attention to this, I don't think these were made very clear in the past, so thank you [:

I also have a question FOM, do rep boxes continue over 11?
You're about to find out...aren't ya? I will say that yes, the rep system does continue after 11 boxes. You'll see how pretty soon.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Vanesa429
Polar Bear

Vanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to all
 Vanesa429 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Snewdles
Thank you for drawing attention to this, I don't think these were made very clear in the past, so thank you [:

I also have a question FOM, do rep boxes continue over 11?
I agree. (: It hasn't been made clear in the past. But what happens if someone says in a post Thanks! Rep.
Does that count too?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
StephanySprinkles
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Sp@rkÿ

StephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant futureStephanySprinkles has a brilliant future
 StephanySprinkles is offline Status: Offline

Thank you for posting [:
rep is not worth fighting for , their just virtual points not life
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
AngelBlossom
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SunnyPhotoBear

AngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant future
 AngelBlossom is offline Status: Offline

thank you for posting i agree with it[:
Old 01-07-2011, 01:39 AM
themagnificent123
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Which one do you want? xD

themagnificent123 has a spectacular aura aboutthemagnificent123 has a spectacular aura aboutthemagnificent123 has a spectacular aura about
 themagnificent123 is offline Status: Offline

I agree and thanks fur bringing this to our attention.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 AM
LinaCloud5
BABV Name: ^^ Bailey

LinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to behold
 LinaCloud5 is offline Status: Offline

I'm sort of new and don't come on here much, and I had asked a moderater how someone becomes a trading teddy, or moderater, and i asked if upping your level depends on how many posts you have, or how much reputation you have, and then I read this post. I didn't know you weren't allowed to ask anything about reputation. Is it bad that I asked that? Will I get in trouble? I didnt ask if anyone would give me reputation though cuz I knew that was against the rules.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Purrincess98
Polar Bear

Purrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to behold
 Purrincess98 is offline Status: Offline

I'll remember this in the future(;
Thank you for posting.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
allstarweekendfan07
Polar Bear

allstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant future
 allstarweekendfan07 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks fur posting and I agree
Old 01-07-2011, 10:14 AM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator

View Post Originally Posted by Vanesa429
I agree. (: It hasn't been made clear in the past. But what happens if someone says in a post Thanks! Rep.
Does that count too?
Heres the way we see these posts. The person is going to see that you gave them rep. It might not be that day...might be the next week when they think to look. Why announce it? For some (and I'm not saying this is what you're doing) its a way to announce "Hey, I give out rep." Some people want to announce it so that they can get it back in return. Thats not what its about. When you give rep, you have a place to type a message. That should be all you need.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator

Quote:
I'm sort of new and don't come on here much, and I had asked a moderater how someone becomes a trading teddy, or moderater, and i asked if upping your level depends on how many posts you have, or how much reputation you have, and then I read this post. I didn't know you weren't allowed to ask anything about reputation. Is it bad that I asked that? Will I get in trouble? I didnt ask if anyone would give me reputation though cuz I knew that was against the rules.
I dont think its bad that you asked if it was truly concerning becoming a TT or staff. It doesn't apply to either. I can tell you honestly, as one of the reviewers of TT applications and someone with a little bit of insight into the staffing process that we dont ever look at rep points. Why? As much as we want to prevent it, random rep is just going to happen. Friends are going to rep their friends more than anyone else. We have a very different view point of rep. It just doesn't mean much to any of us.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT