BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Silver
Banned

Silver is just really niceSilver is just really niceSilver is just really niceSilver is just really nice
 Silver is offline Status: Offline

Rep is that green box above post rightj?? makin suree
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
mickeyquack
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: michelleoctobear15

mickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond repute
 mickeyquack is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Silver
Rep is that green box above post rightj?? makin suree
Yes that is correct
Old 03-18-2011, 06:45 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by GraceAdventureBear64
That's amsome! I want one! Why don't we have purple reps for sage bears instead of green.

Here a dark purple box instead of dark green Click the image to open in full size.

Here a light purple box instead of light green Click the image to open in full size. (sorry this one didn't turn out that good)

Also I was thinking. Since were not alound to talk about rep anymore and I know a lot of people want to say thanks to people for giving reps. Why don't we have like rep PMs. If you go to your user CP and click on a rep point (one of the little green boxes) it will take you to a box to type in. We could only say say stuff that add/mods want us to like on BABV IC so we don't take avited of it.
I'm not sure why anyone would need a different color rep. Their names are already different to help them stand out. I imagine too the programming would be too complicated for that. Its a rep system...not a system that you can break down for different user groups.

Its another thing for us to moderate. I know for those that follow the rules, its crazy to imagine that people take advantage of rules all over this forum but they do. Somehow, someway, someone would find a way to misuse it. But its a good idea. Just not feasible. I'm not even sure its an option in the software. Also, though, we just dont believe its necessary to say thank you for the rep. I dont ever give it out expecting someone to say thanks. I like to give it out and make it about that person...not about me who is giving it out.

View Post Originally Posted by TaylorAllHeart245
I have a question-
What is REALLY the point of rep if we can NEVER say like, ANYTHING about it? There are so many rules it sometimes seems kinda pointless :/

Its supposed to be a personal thing. You should be helpful because it makes you feel good. You shouldn't expect anything in return. We do give you something though. A system by which people can thank you for being helpful. If you dont like it, you can always disable yours. Its definitely not pointless. Lets say you're helpful on a thread because you happen to know an answer to something. I read the thread and give you rep. You look at your User CP and boom...theres a little note that says "Thanks so much for the answer! You're so helpful!" It makes you smile and feel good about being able to help out and someone taking notice. I personally think thats nice. I personally like pats on the back. But when I get a pat on the back in real life, I dont chase the person down and call attention to myself and say "Thanks for the pat on the back!" Its just not necessary. But it doesn't mean I dont like the pat on the back.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks FairyOddMom!
I agree-Reps are a great reward, but shouldn't be used as a contest
Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
LibbyRockStar
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LibbyLuv2Sing99 ~♫♪

LibbyRockStar is a glorious beacon of lightLibbyRockStar is a glorious beacon of lightLibbyRockStar is a glorious beacon of lightLibbyRockStar is a glorious beacon of lightLibbyRockStar is a glorious beacon of light
 LibbyRockStar is offline Status: Offline

Thanks FairyOddMom :]
Things having to do with rep have gotton out of hand and people are forgetting what it's all about.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
BobbyOBeary1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BobbyOBeary1,LunaMoonBeam157

BobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond repute
 BobbyOBeary1 is offline Status: Offline

I read this entire thread and haven't seen these questions.
1.How are the points for reps actually determined? Does staff look over each one and decide? I'm just asking because sometimes I get small amount of points, but others I have received many more points. When I check my posts, I don't always see that one was much more helpful than the other.
2.Am I correct that everyone starts with one gem and a new one is added for each 100 points? So if you had 210 points you would have 3 gems?
I understand if you think this does not need to be answered. Maybe you don't want to give too much information that could possibly be misused. I am just curious
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
I'm not sure why anyone would need a different color rep. Their names are already different to help them stand out. I imagine too the programming would be too complicated for that. Its a rep system...not a system that you can break down for different user groups.

Its another thing for us to moderate. I know for those that follow the rules, its crazy to imagine that people take advantage of rules all over this forum but they do. Somehow, someway, someone would find a way to misuse it. But its a good idea. Just not feasible. I'm not even sure its an option in the software. Also, though, we just dont believe its necessary to say thank you for the rep. I dont ever give it out expecting someone to say thanks. I like to give it out and make it about that person...not about me who is giving it out.

Its supposed to be a personal thing. You should be helpful because it makes you feel good. You shouldn't expect anything in return. We do give you something though. A system by which people can thank you for being helpful. If you dont like it, you can always disable yours. Its definitely not pointless. Lets say you're helpful on a thread because you happen to know an answer to something. I read the thread and give you rep. You look at your User CP and boom...theres a little note that says "Thanks so much for the answer! You're so helpful!" It makes you smile and feel good about being able to help out and someone taking notice. I personally think thats nice. I personally like pats on the back. But when I get a pat on the back in real life, I dont chase the person down and call attention to myself and say "Thanks for the pat on the back!" Its just not necessary. But it doesn't mean I dont like the pat on the back.
How can we disable it? I've never seen that option before.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Izziesnowboard

Izziesnowboard is on a distinguished road
 Izziesnowboard is offline Status: Offline

I have a question,
can we disable our reps or is it only admins and mods?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 AM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BobbyOBeary1
I read this entire thread and haven't seen these questions.
1.How are the points for reps actually determined? Does staff look over each one and decide? I'm just asking because sometimes I get small amount of points, but others I have received many more points. When I check my posts, I don't always see that one was much more helpful than the other.
2.Am I correct that everyone starts with one gem and a new one is added for each 100 points? So if you had 210 points you would have 3 gems?
I understand if you think this does not need to be answered. Maybe you don't want to give too much information that could possibly be misused. I am just curious
Staff does not review rep points unless we feel like someone is going around giving out random rep. Then we can go into the system, review the rep someone is receiving, note if there are patterns of random rep and adjust them.

The whole system is not an exact science. There are many factors that affect what is known as your "rep power" which is what grants someone rep. We dont discuss those factors because as you have stated, someone would try (and they do already) to abuse them. As for the value of each box, again, there are some factors that can affect one's rep level, however, guides have been posted approximating the value of each rep point. Those guides are generally....mostly right.

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
How can we disable it? I've never seen that option before.
I believe if you go to your User CP, click on Edit Options, you'll see it second on the list.

View Post Originally Posted by Izziesnowboard
I have a question,
can we disable our reps or is it only admins and mods?

See reply above. You dont lose your rep and people can still give it to you but all that shows is a gray box...like mine.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Purrincess98
Polar Bear

Purrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to behold
 Purrincess98 is offline Status: Offline

I have a question,
if you disabled rep
and enable it back,
does the rep points stay
the same?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT