BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

Otakuma is on a distinguished road
 Otakuma is offline Status: Offline
Default Country Exclusive Furry Friends

Does anyone know where I could find a complete list of all the Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friends that are exclusive to only one country? For example, in Japan there are a few that I believe are only sold in Japan, such as the Sakura Teddy, Tokyo Teddy (only sold at the Tokyo store), Yokohama Teddy (only sold at the Yokohama store), Cocoro (an imaginary creature that looks like a cross between a sheep and a bear), a Tsukinowa Guma (an Asiatic black bear), and a Shiba Inu (a breed of dog).

So if anyone is aware of a website - or has a list of their own - of which animals can only be gotten exclusively in certain countries (and even certain stores) please let me know.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Rosemarie704
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Christyvanilla10

Rosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud ofRosemarie704 has much to be proud of
 Rosemarie704 is offline Status: Offline

the best way to get a complete list of exclusives from around the world would be going to buildabear.com and clicking where it says your language and the link "change", it'll list all the countries and there you can do a comparison of what bab's are only sold there when you click each country. hope this helps =0)
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Jordan and Ruby!
Trading Teddy

Jordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud of
 Jordan and Ruby! is offline Status: Offline

I'd e-mail BAB GuestServices at these e-mails:

UK- UKGuestservices@buildabear.co.uk
USA- Guest.Services@buildabear.com
Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
CalleyCo
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LeahGlitter155

CalleyCo will become famous soon enough
 CalleyCo is offline Status: Offline

Not sure, the Sakura Teddy is cute though.(:
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Otakuma
Does anyone know where I could find a complete list of all the Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friends that are exclusive to only one country? For example, in Japan there are a few that I believe are only sold in Japan, such as the Sakura Teddy, Tokyo Teddy (only sold at the Tokyo store), Yokohama Teddy (only sold at the Yokohama store), Cocoro (an imaginary creature that looks like a cross between a sheep and a bear), a Tsukinowa Guma (an Asiatic black bear), and a Shiba Inu (a breed of dog).

So if anyone is aware of a website - or has a list of their own - of which animals can only be gotten exclusively in certain countries (and even certain stores) please let me know.
The cocoro is a *bear*, with heart ears. Its name is 'cocoro bear'.

Well, it depends on what you're meaning to do. If you want to see a list of *all* of the country exclusives since build-a-bear opened in that country, then outside of a few people that are serious collectors, you're not going to be able to find that kind of information. For instance, unless you know a collector or someone that is, you would never find out about the water buffalo that was a build-a-bear south african exclusive, because it hasn't been available on the website in a long time. The same is true for animals like ireland bear, france bear, russia bear, etc. The sakura is the 3rd or 4th version of the sakura bear, I believe, as well.

If you're only looking for what are the current animals exclusive to each country, that is different, and many of the exclusive animals are available in more than one country, but not in the US. Some of the japanese animals, for example, have crossovers with singapore and australia, but not always. The chihuahua, one-hump camel, and duck were all available in all three regions, while the new koala is only available in australia and japan (so far).

Things that are exclusive to the UK, tend to be exclusive to EU build-a-bear branches, so things like the sparkle hello kitty can be available in france or germany, etc.

Independent country build-a-bear staff staff typically do *not* know what is available in other countries, so contacting them doesn't normally work as they will usually refer you to contact the build-a-bear workshop in another country directly. So if you contact the us or uk services, they will not be able to tell you the information you are looking for.

Of course, then there are also test or zoo items, which tend to be exclusive only to the us.

Getting a 'current' picture of what's exclusive is as simple as looking on all the other websites, but getting an overall picture of what has been released in other countries requires the input of serious collectors and/or officials in charge of globalisation.

Last edited by kassiered; 04-15-2011 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: egregious use of apostrophe
Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 AM
allstarweekendfan07
Polar Bear

allstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant future
 allstarweekendfan07 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Jordan and Ruby!
I'd e-mail BAB GuestServices at these e-mails:

UK- UKGuestservices@buildabear.co.uk
USA- Guest.Services@buildabear.com
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

Otakuma is on a distinguished road
 Otakuma is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the information folks. Specifically I'm most interested in the animals that are exclusive to Japan and currently available. The staff at some of the stores sometimes know which ones are only sold in Japan, but not all of them do, so I just wanted to do some checking of my own.

About Cocoro, it's really funny. When it was released in Japan last November, I asked several employees at different locations what Cocoro was, and usually got a different answer from each heh. One told me that Cocoro was half bear, half sheep (because one of its parents was a bear and the other was a sheep), one said Cocoro was a creature of pure imagination, and another just plain said it was a bear hehe.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:55 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Otakuma
Thanks for the information folks. Specifically I'm most interested in the animals that are exclusive to Japan and currently available. The staff at some of the stores sometimes know which ones are only sold in Japan, but not all of them do, so I just wanted to do some checking of my own.

About Cocoro, it's really funny. When it was released in Japan last November, I asked several employees at different locations what Cocoro was, and usually got a different answer from each heh. One told me that Cocoro was half bear, half sheep (because one of its parents was a bear and the other was a sheep), one said Cocoro was a creature of pure imagination, and another just plain said it was a bear hehe.
If you're just looking for current information, check their website, and then check singapore and australia. If it's not available in singapore or australia, it's usually a japan exclusive.

When I talked with the manager in Tokyo, it was very clear to me that cocoro bear was a bear of heart/soul, so even though other employees might not have known what it was, the manager was very clear, lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Air 2011
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AricAdventurebear20

Air 2011 is on a distinguished road
 Air 2011 is offline Status: Offline

Not Sure at all.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT