BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Furry Friends and Virtual Gifts > Build-a-Bear Collectors

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

Otakuma is on a distinguished road
 Otakuma is offline Status: Offline
Default Questions about the Build-A-Bear Workshop Hedgehog and Guinea Pig

I just learned recently that Build-A-Bear Workshop has/had a hedgehog and a guinea pig, though I've never seen them on the website.

1) Are those two still currently available in stores, or have they been retired?

2) Also, when was the hedgehog and guinea pig first released?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Elffy90
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Emily or Zaraallheart68

Elffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to beholdElffy90 is a splendid one to behold
 Elffy90 is offline Status: Offline

the hedgehog and guinea pig are going to be on a facebook event.
So I think they will not be online.
Anyway this is in the wrong section it should be in yikes I need help
Old 06-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

The "Yikes! I need help!!" section didn't seem like the right place since I don't actually need help with anything, I just had a question regarding collecting Build-A-Bear Workshop Furry Friends so I thought the Build-A-Bear Collectors section would be most appropriate as collectors seem like the ones who would know about release information. And maybe I misunderstood but the description for the Yikes! section sounds like it's specifically for questions regarding Bearville or Bearville Insider rather than for questions about actual Build-A-Bear Workshop merchandise.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

1) They aren't in stores.
2) It's a facebook thing.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

Thanks both of you for the information.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Otakuma
I just learned recently that Build-A-Bear Workshop has/had a hedgehog and a guinea pig, though I've never seen them on the website.

1) Are those two still currently available in stores, or have they been retired?

2) Also, when was the hedgehog and guinea pig first released?
1. They are *both* currently at the St. Louis Zoo.
2. They were first released in April 2011, because that is when I bought mine -- on release day.

Many times animals from the Zoo make it to the website, but a lot of animals sell out quickly and do not.

The facebook event has been geared (so far) toward letting people not near the zoo be able to purchase popular zoo animals (not all of them), so while it is strictly NOT exclusive to facebook, not many people can go to the zoo to get the new animals, either.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
1. They are *both* currently at the St. Louis Zoo.
2. They were first released in April 2011, because that is when I bought mine -- on release day.

Many times animals from the Zoo make it to the website, but a lot of animals sell out quickly and do not.

The facebook event has been geared (so far) toward letting people not near the zoo be able to purchase popular zoo animals (not all of them), so while it is strictly NOT exclusive to facebook, not many people can go to the zoo to get the new animals, either.
That's very good to know. Thank you for the information.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

I think you can buy them at St Louis like kassie said.
I heard they were test bears.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Ashleighsinger4
I think you can buy them at St Louis like kassie said.
I heard they were test bears.
Nope, not test bears, they are regular zoo animals, just being added for sale at other places for people that can't get to the zoo to buy them.

Test bears don't show up at the zoo (normally), since the zoo store is zoo-focused.

Test bears will show up in specific stores in areas designated to test out (marketing-wise) the popularity of a new animal. Previously, fudge pup and what is now champIV were test bears that were very popular (for example), while the corduroy pup (which I just love love love) was not very popular.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Otakuma
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
Nope, not test bears, they are regular zoo animals, just being added for sale at other places for people that can't get to the zoo to buy them.

Test bears don't show up at the zoo (normally), since the zoo store is zoo-focused.

Test bears will show up in specific stores in areas designated to test out (marketing-wise) the popularity of a new animal. Previously, fudge pup and what is now champIV were test bears that were very popular (for example), while the corduroy pup (which I just love love love) was not very popular.
That's very interesting to know.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT