BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
BearyCool
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LyndaRed3, MacaylaRugbyBear

BearyCool is on a distinguished road
 BearyCool is offline Status: Offline
Post The Essential Things Every Newbie Neeeds

Hi!
This is where you need to be if you're a newbie, and you want to know the essential things that every newbie to BABV needs.

1. A Build-a-bear
Without a build-a-bear, It just isn't nearly as fun. If you have a build-a-bear, you'll be able to decorate your Cub Condo, and have fun with your friends. This is not needed, but it makes the virtual world complete

2.Outfits
In the beginning, they let you choose an outfit. That can last you for a day or two, but most people (more girls then boys), want more outfit choices. Outfits vary in price, and you can change the color. My Personal favorite is the BTS Cheerleader Uniform, and the butterfly Shirt. Most outfits range from 100-600 bear bills, and most complete outfits (that aren't a set, you bought the different pieces), will generally cost around 600-800 depending on the pieces you buy.

3.Furniture
You only need furniture if you have a bear. Furniture goes in your Cub Condo, and you only can go in your Cub Condo with a bear. There are multiple types of furniture, and with thousands of color choices. One place is the bear boutique (with credits only, which you get from receipt codes), The Bear Stuff Store (You need a range in money from 50-3000), and lastly giveaway items from the fountain and sometimes characters give them away too.

4. Daily Stuff
Very Essential for those who want to make bear bills fast. The fountain sometimes gives bear bills, but your most likely just to get items. If you go to the sportsplex, go inside and click on the Panda, then say yes, and check off all the activities, even if you didn't do that, to earn 100 bear bills everyday. I'll add more later.

5. Chloe Show
The Chloe Show is also very nice to go and see in the BNN news building in the town square. Some people like to go and listen to interviews, and other (like me), go for the prizes. Most times they give out an emotion or move, and I only have one of them, since I'm not your best Chloe Show Fan. When Chloe's show isn't going on, you can use that room a pretend to make your own TV show, which is kind of boring, unless you have some people there with you.

6.Games
There are tons of Fun Games to play, and this is how you get bear bills. Some games are two player and others are one player. After you master a game, and have played it a million times (well, not THAT many) you get a special badge which can be viewed from your PDA [see below about PDA].

7.PDA
Your PDA is a (IDK it's actual size) small little thing with some very essential things in it. Your PDA includes your badges, quick links to quests you've gone on [see below], Mail you've received, The Newspaper, Where you can send items to friends, and do more. You can also access your PDA by selecting the mailbox from your Cub Condo.

8. Quests
Quests can give you money, unlock new things, and give you new items. Different quests have different prizes, and some are only around for a certain amount of time. If you enjoy games, The Sports Puppy Quest is for you, go to the Skate Park and click on him to start the quest, and after that you win a special trophy! Another fun quest is for those who like searching for well hidden things, go to the Town Square and Click on Bearamy to get started. For more guides on Quests, click HERE.

9. Special Items
These are items like the fishing rod and skate boards. These unlock special games, that you can't get without it. The fishing rod unlocks fishing in Paw Park, and the Skateboard unlock the Skating game in the Slate Park. This is another fast way to earn money.

10. Trade or Block Trade?
Inorder to get some nice items, you'll have to get them yourself or trade them. Sometimes though, you might not want to trade because, newer people are most likely to get scammed, because they don't know the value of their items that they are trading. Some newbies, though, know the values better then others. If you feel unsecured with trading, go to your PDA and select "options" then select "block trades," from there you can also block whispers.

11. Jr.Cybearguides
Jr.Cybearguides are there to help you. A CyBearguide has a blue hat with a star on it, when they are on duty. When you are by a Cybearguide, you can ask questions that are built into the chat. Sometimes they won't answer, but sometimes they will. Inorder to become a Cybearguide, you must take the test in the classroom, but you must have played for 15 days, out of the last 30 days. I only recommend becoming one (or at least trying) when you are very familiar with Build-a-bearville

That's all for now, but I'll be adding more soon. Please tell me what you think by posting a comment below! I hope That this helps you!
~BearyCool

Last edited by BearyCool; 01-24-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
HannahSeptember95
Polar Bear
BABV Name: HannahSetember95

HannahSeptember95 is on a distinguished road
 HannahSeptember95 is offline Status: Offline

I'm not new at all, I've been on BABV for almost a year... but my parents have still not drove me to the Build A Bear store in our town to get a furry friend!!! WA! I want a horse sooo bad... ):
Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
nascarsmile98
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RickOrange, RickOrange2, and R

nascarsmile98 is on a distinguished road
 nascarsmile98 is offline Status: Offline

very nice job! Two thumbs up!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
BearyCool
Trading Teddy

Thanks, I worked beary hard on it
~BearyCool
Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Great job on putting together this guide! I'm sure that many members which are new to BABV will find it very helpful. Good job!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 AM
BearyCool
Trading Teddy

Smile

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It took me awhile to put it together.
`BearyCool
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
roxanneur2cute5
Trading Teddy

roxanneur2cute5 is a name known to allroxanneur2cute5 is a name known to allroxanneur2cute5 is a name known to allroxanneur2cute5 is a name known to allroxanneur2cute5 is a name known to allroxanneur2cute5 is a name known to all
 roxanneur2cute5 is offline Status: Offline

Wow, thanks fur the tips! I haven't done those things when I started in BABV. I'll give these tips to some of my friends who are new. Thanks! Very Great!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 AM
BearyCool
Trading Teddy

I'm glad you like it, time for me to add some stuff to it.
~BearyCool
Old 02-14-2009, 03:17 PM
BearGirlz2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbbyRockStar505 J C Bear Guide

BearGirlz2 is on a distinguished road
 BearGirlz2 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you sooo much for the wonderful guide and congrats on your jr. cybearguide status

Happy Valentines Day

Click the image to open in full size.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
babv, beginner, buildabear, guides, newbie