BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline
Default Surfing Champion

My Story:
I had posted earlier about missing out on the Boats and Buoys daily challenge. I didn't tell the rest of the story. About five days later I won the Catch a Wave challenge with 500,072 points. Where I had gotten unlucky earlier on the time, this time around it worked out perfectly. I started about an hour and a half before the time limit. I had worked out the best controls to use earlier in the day - which helped a lot - and I figured it out along the way. My previous best score was under 100,000, but this time I marathoned until 11:59 Eastern time. Then, I crashed three times quickly, checked the scoreboard and logged out. The rest is history

Click the image to open in full size.

After you last for any length of time, you can't outrun the wave when you play your next man, so you a have to score it on one life. I didn't know it was going to take that long. My arm was dying about 30 minutes into it. I switched fingers, then I switched hands, but I almost crashed so I switched back. It's mental, just hang on.

I love surfing, although I've only done it once. I think it's cool to be a pretend surfing champion. My plaque has a place of honor in my bedroom.

Click the image to open in full size.

Question:
What I'm wondering is how many surf boards have there been in Bearville history? I know of one accessory version, and one furniture version (Rainbow surfboard), but there may have been more accessory versions. I'm not too worried about getting one eventually. It seems like the kind of item that will rotate back into the store eventually. Thanks in advance to those in the know.

I saw the Boats champion, AsherGiggly, online later and congratulated him. It's fun to have a couple of minutes as a mini-celebrity. I got 6 friend requests the day I won. I'll try to win next year and grow my fan club to ten!

Link: Catch A Wave High Scores
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

Congrats on being first! (:
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Congratulations! That must've taken a lot of effort lol.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Chéri3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rip AJApril20728

Chéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond repute
 Chéri3 is offline Status: Offline

Sweet score. Cubgratulations! Yeah I can relate - I received 10+ incoming friend requests in the BearMail. Regarding surfboards, there was also a JCBG surfboard which was previously sold in the HQ a few years ago.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
ky_9_07
Polar Bear
BABV Name: lyndiaries

ky_9_07 is on a distinguished road
 ky_9_07 is offline Status: Offline

Woww nice. Congrats!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 AM
buildabear14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BrittanyBearyCool63

buildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to all
 buildabear14 is offline Status: Offline

That's awesome!
I really love the plaque and it's cool it has a picture of the game you were champion of.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:16 AM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

Congratulations kirby!

I know how you feel the day I was champion I received like 30+ friend request !
I was like "Why are these people addding me? " xD

Ahaha!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM
MeowMeow
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KatrinaAngel128

MeowMeow is on a distinguished road
 MeowMeow is offline Status: Offline

Wow good job, that's really awesome!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT