BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 PM
RainbowDash_
Polar Bear
BABV Name: O(≧∇≦)O

RainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura aboutRainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura about
 RainbowDash_ is offline Status: Offline

This is my garden!

And (thanks to photobucket) this is my favorite flower, the peach rose! I love this a lot, because my family has a peach rose bush (and my middle name is Rose).

This flower is a delicate beauty. She seems shy and serene; the way I am. Her soft color is silky and glowing. She's young and has a lot of potential to still grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (34.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg rose_zpsa94cef63.jpg (90.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

I have quite a few outdoor areas in Bearville,, but these are my most plant-y

this is my main. I tried to create a sort of comic book look.
Click the image to open in full size.

this is my rooftop garden.

and this is my city garden.

My personal favorite flower in our yard is these tulips. They are just so cheery, and bright, and Holland-y.

some facts about tulips
-Tulips did NOT originaly come from the Netherlands, they came from the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) and later introduced to the Netherlands.
-Tulip festivals are held around the world today, one the most famous ones is held in Morges, Switzerland
-There are many 'tulip farms' where tulips are grown and sold.
*credit to Wikipedia for some information*

Hope you enjoyed! Good luck everybody!

Last edited by Paddingtona; 05-09-2013 at 04:17 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline

This is my backyard pond. I just hang out here on Bearville. And just decorate it. It is very pretty and I love the path. You can just feel the light breeze caress your face, see the birds soaring in the air, and smell the wonderful flowers dancing with the wind.

This is my backyard. We don't really have a garden though. My family and I spend a lot of time out here. It is great for running around, having a picnic, or just having family bonding time. Our backyard holds many memories and good times. We even put our handprints and we wrote our names in the cement area when it was drying. I love my backyard with all my heart. My father and I tend the yards. He always trims the trees, mow the lawns, and water the plants.

My favorite plant is the Japanese Cherry Blossom Tree. We have one in our front yard and it compliments it beautifully. I love it because during seasons, it has lovely blooming blossoms or rich and beautiful dark leaves. And we love it especially when the juicy, sour yet sweet, and tangy cherries grow. We always pick them and eat them. It is so delicious! The breathtaking but brief beauty of the blossoms symbolizes the transient nature of life. The beauty of it is exquisite. It feels magical when I walk pass it everyday.

One of my favorite flowers is the Phalaenopisis Orchid. We grow this one one the edge of the window in our kitchen. It is so bright and lovely! It is exotic, beautiful, and luxurious. It It adds a nice pop of color to our boring kitchen (haha.) It has a nice texture and look. It looks very silky and smooth. The flower is enchanting itself. The orchid grows a few times for us, and when it does we always cherish the moment.Click the image to open in full size.

Good luck to everyone!! And amazing gardens and choices!

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-10-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Chéri3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rip AJApril20728

Chéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond reputeChéri3 has a reputation beyond repute
 Chéri3 is offline Status: Offline

My rooftop garden sanctuary:

I set up this place with a gazebo and a fountain surrounded by lush vegetation, for my character to unwind at peace during the day, and to look at the stars in the evening. The nearby treehouse and the heart tree overlooking this rooftop make the scenery seem very close-off to the outside world, almost like a sanctuary. I imagine the sound of flowing water from the fountain and the scent of the flowers whenever I stop by here.

My favourite plant is the "Common French Lilac." It is a flowering plant in the olive family and originates from Europe. I like these lilacs because their white, pink, purple or blue flowers are very attractive, and they make the atmosphere feel fresh. The flowers each consist of 4 petals, and together they grow outward in bunches during late spring - making it a perfect plant choice for transitioning into the summer! I like how every bloom cluster flourishes into a cone shape naturally, as if there's an invisible mould giving it form. Plus, the flowers smell sweet and draw in butterflies!

Every year around this time my family and I would go on a long drive to visit this botanical garden, which is famous for having one of the largest lilac collections in the world. I was hoping that I'd be able to post pictures of the lilacs from last year, but my external hard drive that stored them broke a few weeks ago. So to make up for it, I made a collage of French lilacs that look similar to what I've seen at the botanical gardens:

When I was walking through the lilac dell, I felt like I was living a floral dream in one of those vintage gardens. Lilac trees are just a little taller people, with many flowers on the sides. It's super easy for me to smell them and to get lost in there!

Thank you for hosting this contest, Tweety. I had fun making my entry. Good luck to all!

Last edited by Chéri3; 05-13-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

The deadline will be extended until Tuesday.
Submit your entries if you haven't done so yet.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
DuffyBringsLove
Polar Bear
BABV Name: slaughtermelon

DuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to behold
 DuffyBringsLove is offline Status: Offline

Sorry mine isn't very big :]

My favourite flower in my garden is the sunflower. Although my favourite, I do not own many as I think it looks better as one. It shows quality and not quantity, because sometimes less is more. Also, it is a happy springtime flower that brings joy to everyone. My sunflower is surrounded by watermelon as they are my favourite fruits.

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
Thanks for the new contest! (:

I don't have a garden as my mum and I live in a flat.
Because of this, I decided I'd visit the flat gardens.

~~~

Yes, I did take this pic (:

I've loved daisies since I was little and they are one of my favourite plants.
On a reasonably warm day, I'd run outside and start playing with them.
I represent daisies as the beginning of spring - when they come out.
Bunnies, chicks, sun & daisies. That sums up spring for me.
Daisies are dainty little plants which often get stood on and ignored but also have many things that you can do with them. To this day, I still love them and always put them in my hair. I make gigantic daisy chains with friends and make 'daisy caterpillars'.

To sum up, these sweet dainty plants are lovely but simple. In fact, everything is good about them. Except their taste...

~~~

My BABV garden

Click the image to open in full size. (:

~~~

Good luck everyone!
Actually I think Daisy stems taste nice
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

savanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond repute
 savanahcute25 is offline Status: Offline

Here is a picture of my garden on babv:

One of my favorite flowers is a rose. Here is a picture (Not my picture! Credit goes to another website):

Of course, roses are beautiful, but I mainly like them because they are perfect for many occasions. They make a wonderful gift to special people in our lives. They are also great for decoration use. Roses can be set up on tables for fancy occassions, and they come in many colors such as red, pink, white, yellow, and peach! The mix of colors can make anyone's day brighter! Not only do roses make good gifts and decorations. They can also be used as a lovely hair accessory! They can add a unique look to many outfits.

That also explains why my garden is filled with rose bushes haha. xD
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Fairy Zoe
Sage Bear
BABV Name: ZoeYouRock426 :)

Fairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to behold
 Fairy Zoe is offline Status: Offline

Ok, so we don't have an actual garden, we have patches of dirt with plants in them.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
That is what our "garden" is.
My favorite flower isn't exactly a flower, it is a bush. My favorite plant is the Hydrangea.
Click the image to open in full size. This is not my picture. These are my favorite flowers because when I was born my parents planted a bunch of hydrangeas. Sadly I don't see them everyday anymore because we moved across the country.

Last edited by Fairy Zoe; 05-14-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

Contest is now closed.

I have gone through all the entries, and will go through them again tomorrow.
Its not going to be easy to pick a winner, but I truly enjoyed the pictures and the reason why each of you picked your favorite flower.

I'll get some pictures of the house garden tomorrow, there are quite a few plants I like.
My mother planted the trees we gave her for Mother's Day. I'm so excited she liked them so much since its a gift that will keep on giving : )

For those of you wondering what my favorite flower is here it is
They are gladiolas, and I simply adore them. They are so bright and I like how they're tall and the stem is big, not small like most flowers. They make a grand statement, and you can keep them tall and have them to side of the table or cut them down and it creates a great centerpiece.
When they are in bloom my mom buys them for me, so they remind me of my mother every time I see them.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT