BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative! > Writings!

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 PM
belle529
Polar Bear
BABV Name: i got banned for nothing

belle529 is on a distinguished road
 belle529 is offline Status: Offline
Default ~_you can_~A quick short story

Hi everybody, I'm Belle. I used to write on this forum ages ago (like four years ago!) I miss writing and I figured I'd pop in to write something. (My old stories have closed, but they are still there to read.) FYI- I am writing this just as a free write. None of this has been planned, just me writing and editing along the way. Enjoy.

YOU CAN

The door is creaked open a tiny bit, so a streak of light shines through my bedroom door. The earth around me is quiet, and so am I. I know I need to do something with my life. Waiting for something to come around is not going to get me far. My parents were never going to help me, so I reach for my jacket and walk outside into the bitter cold. Darkness is surrounding me and I am lost. I am alone with the sound of the snowflakes hitting the earth softly. I almost turn around, but my feet carry me forward, they are steering me somewhere I am unknowing of.

Eventually the first sign of dawn comes around and my feet are tired. My hands have become ice and I am feeling more alone than ever. I knew singing was my only hope. I had to prove to someone that I can do this. I can sing.

A singing competition is coming to town today, and it is my job to get into that audition. I walk quickly to the performing center where the audition will take place. I sign in, and get a shirt sticker with my number on it, 67342. Hopefully it's a lucky number. The line is long. Very long. I wait patiently for my number to be called. The hours are ticking by, and I bite on my finger nails nervously. My life has been waiting for this moment. My number. It's called. Shocked to disbelief, I hesitantly stand, and walk toward the audition area. I am asked for my name and the song I am singing.

I start to sing. A smile creeps on my face and I am lost in my own imagination. My belting starts to shine through and I just let myself go. The judges look at me. I feel as though I have done something wrong. However, they reach and give me a ticket. A ticket to the next round of competition. My face lights up, and all I think is, 'Yes Lindsey, you can do it.'

haha thanks! Really fast write, pretty lame story but eh, why not?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT