BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BethAnBearHug

BethAnBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BethAnBearHug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Paddingtona
I use Linux will that be a problem..?
That could be your problem.
Sorry I do not know anything about Linux
Old 04-05-2014, 12:58 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Paddingtona
I use Linux will that be a problem..?
Flash has traditionally had issues with Linux. When I ran Ubuntu, Red Hat and Suse, flash was always an issue, and it wasn't even until flash 9 that there was proper adobe support for flash on linux.

Adobe has the following versions available for linux:
Non-chrome Browser: 11.2.202.346
Chrome: 12.0.0.77

Flash Player 11.2 is the last supported Flash Player version for Linux (outside of chrome). Adobe will continue to provide only security updates until about 2015 or so.

Chrome and ChromeOS are the only options available if you want to get updates to flash for Linux, because they are using the pepper API which is different than what mozilla/firefox/etc. uses (and mozilla has no interest in changing over the pepper API).

Running chrome should not give you a version check error, meaning that it should work fine, unless there are other things stopping the game from running.

Bearville makes the following domain connections:
mxr.mozilla.org
play.bearville.com
www.bearville.com
So make sure that those domains are not blocked.

If you don't know how to do domain blocking, then most likely you haven't blocked them by default, but it doesn't hurt to check. On some machines you may need to use sudo, but the command is (generally speaking):
iptables -L -v -n --line-numbers

Where the line numbers correspond to the rule position in the iptable chain. (If you do see any of those domains blocked, then you'll be able to edit your firewall rules and fix by knowing where in the chain the rule is.)

Also, I have verified that bearville runs a bot check to determine if your tab has focus when you log in, and this is what you get if you do not allow the tab to have focus:
Click the image to open in full size.

So when you log in, up until the point that you're actually in bearville, if you are getting that error message, make sure that the browser window and the tab have focus. They do this to prevent scripts from logging in accounts automatically (and then later to kick idle users).
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT