BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 06:47 PM
NoahBearHug19
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NoahBearHug19

NoahBearHug19 is on a distinguished road
 NoahBearHug19 is offline Status: Offline
Question Unanswered: How Do You Wash Your Build-a-Bear?

Let me be honest, my bear is not the cleanest and freshest. I want to wash it, but I am terrified I will destroy him or something. Does anyone know the best way to wash them without any destruction to them?

Also how do you wash the clothes? Can I put those in a washing machine?

Last edited by NoahBearHug19; 04-02-2014 at 08:01 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 07:34 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

The best way to wash your furry friend is to surface wash with a damp rag. Build A Bear does not recommend putting them in the washing machine because the stuffing can expand and break the stitches, as well as it is vey difficult to get the stuffing dried all the way through, which could cause a mold issue. If surface washing does not do the trick, take a pair of scissors and gently "pop" one of the back stitches - that will open the whole back. Remove all the stuffing a wash on "gentle". Let it air dry outside, don't put it in the dryer. Take it back to your local BABW and they will gladly restuff and rest itch it for you.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by karenbearhug
The best way to wash your furry friend is to surface wash with a damp rag. Build A Bear does not recommend putting them in the washing machine because the stuffing can expand and break the stitches, as well as it is vey difficult to get the stuffing dried all the way through, which could cause a mold issue. If surface washing does not do the trick, take a pair of scissors and gently "pop" one of the back stitches - that will open the whole back. Remove all the stuffing a wash on "gentle". Let it air dry outside, don't put it in the dryer. Take it back to your local BABW and they will gladly restuff and rest itch it for you.
That what I ended up doing with mine (:
Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by karenbearhug
If you have to take the stuffing out to wash it up, it will have some rough edges where it was stitched up that may fray in the washer as well - so pop it into a pillowcase and tie up the top before putting it into the washer - to keep it from catching on anything.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I have to wash a few bears (including the frog in my avatar, who was my first build a bear), but so far, I was afraid I might ruin them...
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
bears, wash