BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2015, 12:41 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline
Default How to make drop shadow/outline text on Photoshop CC 2014

First things first... I realize that nobody reads these anymore, but I missed doing them haha
I'm sure that 99% of Photoshop users know how to do this already. But if you're new or you forgot about it, maybe this will be a good start? heh
and note that this tutorial isn't just for text - you can do it on anything, really

step 1: Make a new document
Create your new document - mine are usually 750x250, but it depends on both the length of your text and personal preference. Remember to make it TRANSPARENT.

Click the image to open in full size.
Everybody knows this, am I right?

step 2: Type your text
Start typing your text. If you were curious, my font is 'Pea Katie Shea' at 48 pt.

step 3: Blending options > layer style
Right click your text in the layers panel, and select 'Blending Options'.
You can also click the Click the image to open in full size. button at the bottom of the layers panel, or go to Layer > Layer Style > Blending Options.

step 4: Drop Shadow
You should now be in the 'Layer Style' section. There are many options you can adjust...
...but for now, I am going to focus on the drop shadow. Select 'drop shadow' from the list, and you should get this.
Adjust the options as you'd like - being the boring person that I am, I'll just keep it default.
This is what my text looks like now:

Lame, I know

step 5: Outline
On to the outline! Select 'Stroke' from the list, and you should have this:
Again, please keep in mind that I am aiming for an incredibly dull, monotonous look with this particular text ^o^ but you can also change these options to your liking! Finish by doing whatever else you want, then crop & save your image.

Here's my final, unexciting result:
I'm sure yours turned out better

Here is a bad example of this being used on a regular, transparent image:

Thanks for skimming through reading my guide!

Last edited by AbbygailBearDiva59; 05-15-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Old 05-15-2015, 03:21 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Really good! Now I need photoshop. xD
Old 05-15-2015, 03:33 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
Really good! Now I need photoshop. xD
Old 05-15-2015, 05:01 AM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the tutorial even though I don't have photoshop nor a computer

"Why am I doing this" xD
Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by BritneyBearHug791
Thanks for the tutorial even though I don't have photoshop nor a computer

"Why am I doing this" xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, potato paper