BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Sallheart14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: selenaallheart14

Sallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to behold
 Sallheart14 is offline Status: Offline
Default but why?

I mean.. to be quite frank I haven't been in active in years, however bearville was without a doubt one of the happiest parts of my childhood.. and it probably was for the children of today! so, why shut down one of the most successful and creative parts of child media? it really bothers me that it's just gone.. I don't know about you guys but my inner child is coming out and it is not liking this melancholy vibe.. anyways the point is that my curiosity killed the cat and the cat is definitely not coming back.. why'd they do it?
- Sal
Old 06-28-2015, 07:55 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

I know how you feel, in fact we all do. In 2014 I wasn't very active on BABV, but I was disappointed to hear that it was closing nevertheless. I went on a lot in 2015 before it closed, which made me wish I had spent more time on it before.

As for why they did it...well, the got a wonderful new manager named Sharon Price John whom we all love so much, and she decided that BABV cost too much money to run. So, they decided to instead spend their money on an AMAZING new play site which has SUCH great graphics and ADORABLE new pets called "Promise Pets" which totally don't look like cyclopses at all.

Spoiler: show
The second paragraph has been brought to you by sarcasm.

Last edited by VanessaMay18; 06-28-2015 at 07:56 PM..
Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Sallheart14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: selenaallheart14

Sallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to beholdSallheart14 is a splendid one to behold
 Sallheart14 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
I know how you feel, in fact we all do. In 2014 I wasn't very active on BABV, but I was disappointed to hear that it was closing nevertheless. I went on a lot in 2015 before it closed, which made me wish I had spent more time on it before.

As for why they did it...well, the got a wonderful new manager named Sharon Price John whom we all love so much, and she decided that BABV cost too much money to run. So, they decided to instead spend their money on an AMAZING new play site which has SUCH great graphics and ADORABLE new pets called "Promise Pets" which totally don't look like cyclopses at all.

Spoiler: show
The second paragraph has been brought to you by sarcasm.

So maxine.. retired? resigned??
Old 06-28-2015, 07:59 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Sallheart14
So maxine.. retired? resigned??
Retired. Which is good for her but bad for us.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

Bearville wasn't making enough money for BABW to be making a decent profit from it (it costs a lot more than most realize to run a game like Bearville - servers, designers, licensing to create certain characters in the game [like Snoopy] etc).

Flash games are also not as popular as they used to be, and apps are taking over.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:39 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

.... and nobody asked us for our opinion but then pretended it was what we wanted and the new games would be soooo great.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:52 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
.... and nobody asked us for our opinion but then pretended it was what we wanted and the new games would be soooo great.
Oh yes, how I could I forget the "survey"?
Old 06-29-2015, 12:05 PM
TheHappy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbigailHappy5

TheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to behold
 TheHappy is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
Bearville wasn't making enough money for BABW to be making a decent profit from it (it costs a lot more than most realize to run a game like Bearville - servers, designers, licensing to create certain characters in the game [like Snoopy] etc).

Flash games are also not as popular as they used to be, and apps are taking over.
Agreed. A lot of kids don't even have computers these days; everything is on smartphones. Since Bearville couldn't run on mobile devices, I guess they just decided that it wasn't worth it to keep it around.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:17 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

They quit ever really updating it in 2011-2012ish and people just lost interest and it got inactive (like the Bear Boulevard den was never even full) so I guess they just decided it was too expensive to keep up
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
donotdropthebear, frogs rule!!!