BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2015, 04:20 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline
Default Has Anyone Heard The BABW Dragon Was Recalled?

I just saw on tv yesterday that the new BABW dragon, I think it was called Starbright or something, the one with the horns that light up, was recalled. They said it could burst open at the seams and stuffing could fall out, making a choking hazzard, and that anyone who has one should return it for another animal. There is NO WAY I would return my lovely dragon! If the seams burst open, all I have to do is sew it back up! But I was wondering if anyone else saw this or heard about this recall? I think it's really weird that just all of a sudden after all these years that one of the BABW stuffed animals should need to be recalled. Do you think they're trying to get people to come so they can generate new business?

This is the dragon I'm talking about Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:33 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
CambriaSpeedRacer is online now Status: Online

This wouldn't be the first time a bear has been recalled-- the Colorful Hearts Bear and the Sulley were both recalled due to choking hazards. Though this recall seems to make less sense. The Colorful Hearts Bear and the Sulley had issues with the eye (poor quality fabric and stitching issues, respectively) but this is just... a hole in the belly. My flamingo has gone in twice from holes-- one under the wing and one in between the legs-- and it's not recalled. Holes are a risk with most stuffed animals.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:44 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear

Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't heard about the other recalls.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:55 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

Yeah I bet they're just doing it for liability reasons and mostly for little children that could choke on it or something...
it's probably fine to keep it and just sew up any hole..
that's what I'd do too!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:48 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
This wouldn't be the first time a bear has been recalled-- the Colorful Hearts Bear and the Sulley were both recalled due to choking hazards. Though this recall seems to make less sense. The Colorful Hearts Bear and the Sulley had issues with the eye (poor quality fabric and stitching issues, respectively) but this is just... a hole in the belly. My flamingo has gone in twice from holes-- one under the wing and one in between the legs-- and it's not recalled. Holes are a risk with most stuffed animals.
The same thing happened to my flamingo! Within the first week, it had a hole in the leg, and my mum had to sew it up.

I agree though, this is a very unusual recall and I feel that it has ulterior motives.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I also have this dragon, but I won't return it. There are no small children in our household, so it should be fine. They can't force you to return it.
They just want to make sure that all the toys are safe so nobody can sue them if something happens.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:41 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear

Yes, I agree. I won't return mine either. No small children in my house. All I would have to do is sew up any hole.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 PM
PuppyPals100
Polar Bear

PuppyPals100 is on a distinguished road
 PuppyPals100 is offline Status: Offline

Aww that's sad. . It's such a good looking dragon. I hope they remake it with better materials so there won't be any problems. dx.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT