BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2015, 04:52 AM
PuppyPals100
Polar Bear

PuppyPals100 is on a distinguished road
 PuppyPals100 is offline Status: Offline

Are the new bears really that bad?

I never had a chance to go to build a bear workshop..(It's pretty sad, thinking about it. dx.) But I'm thinking of buying a bear.. Is it too late? Would it be a big mistake?

And I'm wondering if someone can tell me in detail the difference between the old bears and the new ones.(Can't see the pics. dx.) Are the new ones still soft/have soft fur? Or are they made of scratchy material that's rough to touch? Do they easily rip and tear? Is the quality so low that it's equivalent to buying a cheap, unbranded bear from another store? It would be really great if someone would go in detail about the difference. . I want to make sure that I'm making a good decision about buying a bear or not from them.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:53 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I don't know about quality of the bears themselves, but the designs are much different compared to a few years ago.

Here's an example of similar animals so you can compare the changes:
The "old" monkey from a few years ago:
Click the image to open in full size.

The "new" monkey available now:
Click the image to open in full size.
Woah...the new one actually hardly looks like a BAB. :/
Old 11-30-2015, 12:37 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
I also prefer the older bears, and yes, of course ALL that Sharon is after is the profit! I read her presentation when she said she wants more Disney, Star wars.. (and now even Tommy HIlfiger) bears to make more profit. This is not what the faithful customers want.
View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
Tommy Hilfiger? Ugh.

I have always liked normal, cute, original bears much more than branded bears. Sigh.
View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
Tommy Hilifiger bears? *looks him up*

"Thomas "Tommy" Hilifiger (born March 24, 1951) is an American fashion designer best known for founding the lifestyle brand Tommy Hilifiger Corporation in 1985." -Wikipeda

...never heard of him before now.
View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
i wouldn't think the average kid would even know who Tommy Hilifiger is, let alone want a teddy bear based on him.

I only know who he is because Stardoll had a collection of clothing based on his designs a while ago and I bought some of the items, haha.
This longtime customer actually had to Google the guy. Yeah, Build-a-Bear, great idea to make a Tommy Hilifiger bear.
This issue is beginning to happen. Not Tommy Hilifiger, but LeBron James.

"Hoop it up with an NBA player bear! This LeBron James Bear has strong muscles, is extra tall, and has a cool basketball pattern on its paws and ears. One paw has a Cleveland Cavaliers logo on it and the other says "LeBron James" below his number, 23. Plus, it even comes with a sweatband! Add a cool uniform or personalize it with outfits and accessories to make the perfect gift for any fan of LeBron James."

If it weren't for that, I never would've known who the guy is.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:20 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

This issue is beginning to happen. Not Tommy Hilifiger, but LeBron James.

"Hoop it up with an NBA player bear! This LeBron James Bear has strong muscles, is extra tall, and has a cool basketball pattern on its paws and ears. One paw has a Cleveland Cavaliers logo on it and the other says "LeBron James" below his number, 23. Plus, it even comes with a sweatband! Add a cool uniform or personalize it with outfits and accessories to make the perfect gift for any fan of LeBron James."

If it weren't for that, I never would've known who the guy is.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:29 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

never heard of him before.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:15 PM
AlexVanilla70
Knut

AlexVanilla70 is on a distinguished road
 AlexVanilla70 is offline Status: Offline

So this is the real reason why BABV shut down, because it wasn't profitable enough for sharon and so was cut from the budget. The revolution needs help to grow.

Join us

Last edited by tweety; 12-03-2015 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: YouTube links are not allowed
Old 12-03-2015, 12:08 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by AlexVanilla70
So this is the real reason why BABV shut down, because it wasn't profitable enough for sharon and so was cut from the budget. The revolution needs help to grow.

Join us
Please don't post links. Especially YouTube links.

Last edited by tweety; 12-03-2015 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: removed YouTube link from quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:22 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

Welcome the Kevin Durant Bear to the family of bears that no one even knows who they're based off of!

Oh! And the Tommy Hilifiger bear is out!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 AM
JovelynFunCub
Polar Bear
BABV Name: JocelynFunCub11

JovelynFunCub is on a distinguished road
 JovelynFunCub is offline Status: Offline

LeBron James? I'm not a basketball kind of gal, but my dad is, and that's the only reason I know him..But...really, BAB?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT