BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2016, 03:56 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline
Question Answered: I can't change my avatar.

Yep, that's it. xD^^
It's so annoying, because any file on my computer, or image address that I put in, it either comes up with an error message or says "invalid file". So... I've noticed everyone else changing theirs...

Is this just me?? How can I fix it?

Thanks!
Best Answer - Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
Try to check the size of the image you want to use. As the control panel states, the maximum size of your desired avatar is 125x125 pixels, or 48.8. KB.
Find the file on your computer (assuming it's windows), right click, and select "Properties".
Here is the image itself,
Click the image to open in full size.
and here is the filesize (the size of the image itself is 1456x1456):

So, this photo would obviously be way too big to use as an avatar. There is a simple fix, however:
Go on a site like this one
Upload the image from your computer
and then resize it (be sure to click 'custom size'):
In this example, I'm resizing the image to 125x125 pixels (which is BI's maximum avatar size, as shown earlier.)

As you can see, the image is now at 32.3 KB. So, in other words, it's well under BI's maximum filesize of 48.8 KB...

...and, voila; I am easily able to upload it for use as my avatar.

doubt this will help but i tried lol
Old 04-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Samantha♥
Polar Bear

Samantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura about
 Samantha♥ is offline Status: Offline

I would try out .png files, but .jpg files work out too. Usually when changing profile pictures it doesn't work for me is because of the file size so perhaps make sure that the file size is around the size of what the site says it has to be. What files are you using as stuff like .gif wouldn't exactly work here.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:40 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

Try to check the size of the image you want to use. As the control panel states, the maximum size of your desired avatar is 125x125 pixels, or 48.8. KB.
Find the file on your computer (assuming it's windows), right click, and select "Properties".
Here is the image itself,
and here is the filesize (the size of the image itself is 1456x1456):

So, this photo would obviously be way too big to use as an avatar. There is a simple fix, however:
Go on a site like this one
Upload the image from your computer
and then resize it (be sure to click 'custom size'):
In this example, I'm resizing the image to 125x125 pixels (which is BI's maximum avatar size, as shown earlier.)

As you can see, the image is now at 32.3 KB. So, in other words, it's well under BI's maximum filesize of 48.8 KB...

...and, voila; I am easily able to upload it for use as my avatar.

doubt this will help but i tried lol
Old 04-18-2016, 10:27 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

as the others have said, it's likely due to the file size being too large!
try resizing it and see if that helps ^_^
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT