BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:30 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

did not make any effort to go to babw camp at end of june to make origami.
no effort to get spiderman or other movie poster.
we no longer do babw parties, or make animals for birthdays.

we attend comic con type free events at libraries or comic book stores, but even when pitch perfect2 talks about building a bear or doctor who has a stuffed bear, we still are not motivated to go to a babw without the virtual world - bearville.com

had thought about purchasing the domain since it is available.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:06 PM
mayaluckybear19
Trading Teddy

mayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to behold
 mayaluckybear19 is offline Status: Offline

it's really sad that build a bear has changed so much. it's gone downhill in the last few years especially with the removal of bearville. obviously it's always been a business but nowadays it seems far too commercially orientated as opposed to how it used to be. but i'll always have nice memories of build a bear, and i'm glad we got to experience it back when it was still good
Old 07-14-2017, 10:57 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

anyone interested in the hot topic crossover plastic figure from BABW?
Old 07-15-2017, 03:19 AM
SydneyPaw500
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

SydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura about
 SydneyPaw500 is offline Status: Offline

It's really not the same I think! I visited a few weeks ago, and the bears are all just branded now, pokemon, my little pony, paw patrol… and although they are cute, I'm sure you could buy a rainbow dash stuffed teddy or pikachu from toys r us? I have in the past! I used to love that they were all pretty original from the other stuffed teddies from toy shops. Now bearville is gone, it's certainly lost customers, because older kids would go in just to buy outfitter credits, not the teddies, and they could be pretty expensive! But I'll always have nice memories of it! c:
Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by SydneyPaw500
It's really not the same I think! I visited a few weeks ago, and the bears are all just branded now, pokemon, my little pony, paw patrol… and although they are cute, I'm sure you could buy a rainbow dash stuffed teddy or pikachu from toys r us? I have in the past! I used to love that they were all pretty original from the other stuffed teddies from toy shops. Now bearville is gone, it's certainly lost customers, because older kids would go in just to buy outfitter credits, not the teddies, and they could be pretty expensive! But I'll always have nice memories of it! c:
yup and the toys r us versions are probably cheaper too
the building it yourself aspect is cool at BABW but that's really the only thing that sets it apart from other stores anymore imo
Old 07-18-2017, 08:46 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

It's not the same anymore at all; I don't like any of the new bears, it's too branded and the whole feel-good thing is just gone now. But I agree with maya that at least we're lucky we got to experience it while it was good, I have a lot of good memories and feel a lot of nostalgia when I look at old BABW stuff. I still go into the store when I go to the mall because it still looks the same as it did when I was a kid, but if it ever changes to Discovery I don't think I'll go in anymore.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:01 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

looks like missed a chance to get the vinyl bab at babw.
Click the image to open in full size.
http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/store/Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop!/productId=prod12110014
mohawk still available on hot topic bear.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by st2nic; 07-20-2017 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: url
Old 07-23-2017, 10:52 PM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear
BABV Name: iamspamhoff

bearvillebae is on a distinguished road
 bearvillebae is offline Status: Offline
Default Coupons?

In recent years I haven't been getting coupons, coupons for free Bearville Items (Because of course.. it closed) but also for Birthdays (My Birthday & Animal Birthdays), and they don't give out coupons anymore.

''People don't care about coupons'' Sharon Price John said herself ''We're not a discount brand''. Well I'm sorry but everytime I got a $5 off coupon off of $30 or so I ended up spending way more of that. Just sayin
Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I haven't gotten anything from them since probably 2013. I outgrew it, which is sad, because I never thought I would. It's just not the same without Bearville.
Same. I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time.

View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
It's not the same anymore at all; I don't like any of the new bears, it's too branded and the whole feel-good thing is just gone now. But I agree with maya that at least we're lucky we got to experience it while it was good, I have a lot of good memories and feel a lot of nostalgia when I look at old BABW stuff. I still go into the store when I go to the mall because it still looks the same as it did when I was a kid, but if it ever changes to Discovery I don't think I'll go in anymore.
Also agree with this.

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
yup and the toys r us versions are probably cheaper too
the building it yourself aspect is cool at BABW but that's really the only thing that sets it apart from other stores anymore imo
Does anyone know how BABW is doing from a sales standpoint since BABV closed?
I mean, I know the Pokemon have sold well, but aside from that.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:44 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CurlyQ95
Same. I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time.

Also agree with this.

Does anyone know how BABW is doing from a sales standpoint since BABV closed?
I mean, I know the Pokemon have sold well, but aside from that.
Not a clue. From what I can gather, it's doing pretty well...
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
anti-sharon alliance