BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
MiraMusicMaker
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MiraMusicMaker

MiraMusicMaker is on a distinguished road
 MiraMusicMaker is offline Status: Offline

My bear took two weeks to arrive. But, she was nicely stuffed when she came. I was pleased.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
RobinPurrincess
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RobinPurrincess

RobinPurrincess is on a distinguished road
 RobinPurrincess is offline Status: Offline

It does depend on which shipping method you choose and proximity to the Web Fulfillment Center in Ohio. I often get mine in two days if I choose the Fedex $8.95 option. It will also go by business days, not days in general, and of course Holidays effect that as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

When you order online, do they charge the sales tax for the state you live in or the state where you're buying from? Someone just ordered from the zoo today and was only charged a minimal amount of sales tax. Nothing near the 8%+ tax of St. Louis or where she lives.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM
AmandaBearLove
Banned
BABV Name: AmandaBearDiva200

AmandaBearLove will become famous soon enoughAmandaBearLove will become famous soon enough
 AmandaBearLove is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by DaisyHappyHugs2
Hi I live in Ireland and we only have one BuildaBear Workshop but its miles and miles from were I live. Myself and all my friends order from the american site. Its Fab!
I'm thinking you made a mistake when you said you order from the american site. The US site only ships to the US territories and does not ship internationally, just like the international sites do not ship to the US. You would first have to ship to someone in the US and then have them ship to you in Ireland.

As for ordering online, it's very safe, simple and easy to do and so far we have NEVER had a problem. It normally arrives within 5 days after ordering, but the arrival date varies upon the shipping you requested and the distance from their warehouse which is in Ohio. For me in NY if I requested standard shipping, which I normally use because we're never in a hurry to get them, it takes about 2-3 days to get here once it's been shipped. And yes you can order anything that's available on the site. Bears, clothing, accessories, if it's available you can order it.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AmandaBearLove
I'm thinking you made a mistake when you said you order from the American site. The US site only ships to the US territories and does not ship internationally, just like the international sites do not ship to the US. You would first have to ship to someone in the US and then have them ship to you in Ireland.

As for ordering online, it's very safe, simple and easy to do and so far we have NEVER had a problem. It normally arrives within 5 days after ordering, but the arrival date varies upon the shipping you requested and the distance from their warehouse which is in Ohio. For me in NY if I requested standard shipping, which I normally use because we're never in a hurry to get them, it takes about 2-3 days to get here once it's been shipped. And yes you can order anything that's available on the site. Bears, clothing, accessories, if it's available you can order it.
BABW.com does ship to international addresses but the postage cost $25. I once ordered a friends2bmade doll because we can't buy them in the UK. I love it. I have also ordered off the UK babw site which was also good, I only did that because I forgot about the free dog tag weekend so I ordered on the Sunday and got it! I missed the free messenger bag though because my check didn't go into my account on time . I don't think the American site takes my debit card though, I had to use my Dads (with his permission, don't get ideas!). Overall I think ordering online is great, it's always so exciting when they come, it's like Christmas!

I stand corrected. - Amanda.

Last edited by AmandaBearLove; 09-04-2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
RobinPurrincess
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RobinPurrincess

RobinPurrincess is on a distinguished road
 RobinPurrincess is offline Status: Offline

When you order it goes by your sales tax. What is nice though, is that it appears to go by the base State tax, so if you're in the sort of State where the sales tax differs every five feet (ok, so it's more like County lol) like Florida, then you can end up paying slightly less than you would at the store.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT