BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Furry Friends and Virtual Gifts

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline
Default Be careful with unstuffed furry friends!

Two weeks ago I decided to get a retired furry friend (precious pink gem of a friend teddy) So since I knew it was difficult to get. I got it at an auction. I was totally new, with all it's tags and pin. I was very excited because eventhough I have some furry friends, they were actually bought online, so I knew this was going to be the first time I was actually going to BABW to stuff my bear. It was a long ride and I entered the store and went directly to the associate. I got out my bear and explained the auction thing and that I was said that you come to BABW to stuff them and get the birth certificate.

The associate looked at me with this face like "what?" Imagine how I felt, because I even called the day before and they said no problem. She went to the manager, who very friendly and kindly asked me for the purchase receipt, but from bearville. The only receipt I had was from the site I had purchased the bear!!

Then she told me that no problem, they would stuff my bear, but that I would have to be aware to recieve a BABW receipt with the unstuffed bear cause there had been cases of people stealing the bears and selling them unstuffed.

Thank god, they were so nice about the whole thing.
I wanted to share this experience with you, so if you get to buy an unstuffed bear, be sure to ask for the BABW receipt.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
KatePlayful1
Sage Bear
BABV Name: KatePlayful1(Bear Builder)

KatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the rough
 KatePlayful1 is offline Status: Offline
Default That must of been a really scary experience!

I know the first Gem of a friend isn't available online but maybe only buy bears from buildabear.com and bring the recentipt (I CANT SPELL!)
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline

I will defintely buy them only from BABW. And if by chance I would buy them unstuffed, I would ask for the receipt to take it to BABW.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
CandaceSuperStar
Knut
BABV Name: CandaceSuperStar

CandaceSuperStar is on a distinguished road
 CandaceSuperStar is offline Status: Offline

Wow, what an experience. I would feel so small, ;P That is very professional of them to handle it like that, though!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 PM
mikaelascubabear
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Mikaelascubabear, or Miki!

mikaelascubabear is on a distinguished road
 mikaelascubabear is offline Status: Offline

I mean, you didn't know that person MIGHT have stolen it... so it's not your fault! But I have to agree, they were nice about the WHOLE thing
Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
reeceultracool2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: reeceultracool2

reeceultracool2 has disabled reputation
 reeceultracool2 is offline Status: Offline
Unhappy

I think that is just terrible. What kind of person would steal a stuffed (or unstuffed) animal? Ughh! I have gone to the BABW Rain Forest Café and have bought the unstuffed animals and brought them to my home BABW store to stuff. I have never been treated like a thief or otherwise. They just do a better job of stuffing the bears cuz they are trained properly at the actual store, rather than just an employee at the Rain Forest would anyway. I have bought stuffed bears that no-one wanted anymore at my local Good Will and then taken them to get re-stuffed because the tag inside would not send the bear back to me if lost and I would not be able to claim that they were really my bear. In that case the store would just have to understand that the bear was needing to be adopted and wanted again. I have had my children receive gifts from family members and they sent the bears un-stuffed so that the kids could make their own names and all.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8

AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 will become famous soon enough
 AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 is offline Status: Offline

wow i would have had my aunt talk to the people lol
Old 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Flappy9807/MilenaFlower
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MilenaFlower

Flappy9807/MilenaFlower is a jewel in the roughFlappy9807/MilenaFlower is a jewel in the roughFlappy9807/MilenaFlower is a jewel in the rough
 Flappy9807/MilenaFlower is offline Status: Offline

My heart would have been pounding! I would have a big sigh of relief, but I wouldn't buy from online again- just go to BABW and make one.
~F9807
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
funnybunnylol
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: katieapril545

funnybunnylol will become famous soon enoughfunnybunnylol will become famous soon enough
 funnybunnylol is offline Status: Offline

wow, i'm glad they worked it out! they must have been really nice to do that
Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
kimhearts13
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Kimhearts13

kimhearts13 is on a distinguished road
 kimhearts13 is offline Status: Offline

wow,thats just so nice how they handled the situation like that!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT