BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline

Sorry for 2 posts. I hope it's allowed. I didn't want to edit the other post since this is a different subject. I think that new app looks absolutely horrible! Those pets are in no way realistic at all. Realistic is Foo Pets. Honestly, the thing that got me playing there was an ad that showed me how real-looking their dogs and cats are. If you play with the husky or the silver tabby, you would swear it was a real one. And there is a Foo Pets mobile, so forget about not being able to put Bearville in mobile. You could do it but you would have to downsize it alot. I can load Foo Pets mobile on my notebook computer. But it's nothing in comparison to the real website itself. You just get a dog or cat face. The real interaction is on their main website. But it proves it can be done though. They didn't have to dump Bearville. They could have made it mobile if they wanted to be bothered. Or they could have kept it going and just added this Promise Pets thing, which, in my way of thinking, isn't worth the money. I wouldn't get it.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
Downloading the app now for fun. :P
I'll post creepy screenshots!~

I went and played it:

Click the image to open in full size.

Okay, just don't download this game. EVER.
It's so boring! >.<

Basically, you adopt your own 'Promise Pet' out of 4 hideous options and strive to become the best pet carer ever: 'Pet Care Pro'.
To do this, you just repeat the same thing over and over all day long. -.-
Seriously - it's so boring!
The graphics are choppy, the music is terrible (I turned on my own and muted it at one point) and there's just nothing to do.

There's 3 mini-games to choose from and also an option to stroke your pet, if you don't have a real life toy pet.
One to look after it (first aid and stuff), one to feed it and one to take it to the loo.
That's it.
And you just have to repeat that cycle all day long.
If you have a pet, you can also get visits from the vet, take it for walks and groom it, though.
Although, that actually makes it harder to complete the game as you need to collect even more points to level up. :P

I'm a 'Pet Care Star' at the moment, but - all I can do, now, is just play the mini-games.
It won't let me stroke it, not allowing me to level up anymore.
Yes, it could be a glitch, although - it's more likely so you go and buy a pet to continue playing and they get money.

It's awful. (-。-;
Just don't download it, unless you're trying to find a super-boring game or seriously have nothing to do.

I hope you enjoy my flattering pics. XD
You got more progress than me. Here's how I turned out on Day 1:

Buy app.
Try and name pet.
Keyboard won't pop up.
Try and name pet.
Keyboard won't pop up.
Close app.
Reopen app.
Try and name pet.
Keyboard won't pop up.
Try and name pet.
Keyboard won't pop up.
Close app.
Reopen app.
Try and name pet.
Keyboard won't pop up.
Close app.
Look up contact information for Build-a-Bear.
Go to bed.

This morning I was able to actually name the pet without contacting Build-a-Bear. I named it Chloerocks, of course. What else?

I have a similar review. But with my Day 1 experience, the stroke thing could be a glitch.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:50 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

OH MY THOSE PICTURES... AUGHH. xD
Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Samantha♥
Polar Bear

Samantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura about
 Samantha♥ is offline Status: Offline

Omg it does look like a bad game. Thank you babw.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:53 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

All right, I can accept some cats might not mind dressing up . . . I'm just going to say that they shouldn't treat buying a dress for your cat as the best way to care for it. Maybe just a nice collar and bed?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:24 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

OMG I am so glad I can't even try to do it because I don't have anything with apps...
Old 04-10-2015, 12:03 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear

No, I definately don't think that buying a dress for your cat or dog would be a good way to take care of it. Although, come to think of it, my dog does have a coat for cold weather....... But I don't know. It just sounds to me like whoever came up with Promise Pets really wasn't thinking straight.
I have edited this to include screen captures of my silver tabby at Foo Pets. Want a REAL pet to take care of? Go to Foo Pets and forget about Promise Pets. They are so terrible!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foopetssilvertabby.jpg (52.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg silvertabbylayingdown.jpg (53.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg feedingsilvertabby.jpg (53.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by TygerStar; 04-10-2015 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Teddybeargirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahChocolate65

Teddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond repute
 Teddybeargirl is offline Status: Offline

Yes, this app was certainly worth the amount of money that could have gone towards maintaining/updating BABV.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Samantha♥
Polar Bear

Samantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura about
 Samantha♥ is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by TygerStar
No, I definately don't think that buying a dress for your cat or dog would be a good way to take care of it. Although, come to think of it, my dog does have a coat for cold weather....... But I don't know. It just sounds to me like whoever came up with Promise Pets really wasn't thinking straight.
I have edited this to include screen captures of my silver tabby at Foo Pets. Want a REAL pet to take care of? Go to Foo Pets and forget about Promise Pets. They are so terrible!
Omg I play on Foopets lol we should talk to each other there
Old 04-11-2015, 11:53 AM
TygerStar
Polar Bear

Wow! Awesome! Send me a friend request on Foo Pets! I tried to add you as a friend here but it doesn't let me. Please send me a friend request. Thanks! I'm TygerStar on Foo Pets.

Last edited by TygerStar; 04-11-2015 at 11:57 AM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
bewarethecyclopscat, fakecyclopscat, frogs rule!!!