BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
LocoBananas
Administrator
BABV Name: ChristineBear117

LocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant future
 LocoBananas is offline Status: Offline
Default Surprise! LocoBananas made a DCT!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome to the Schnauzer DCT!!!!

Now as we all know, I am obsessed with Schnauzers. I think they are the cutest dog breed. Not only that but they are very loyal animals. What is so special about a schnauzer? Well let me tell you!

First we have the facts:
  • Schnauzers originated in Germany and date back to the 15th century
  • They come in three fun filled sizes: Miniature, Standard, and Giant
  • The Miniature size is the most popular and weigh around 12 – 20 lbs
  • Standard Schnauzers weigh around 35 -50 lbs
  • Giant Schnauzers weigh 70 – 100 lbs
  • These dogs are considered to be hypoallergenic because they have hair and not fur, but this also means they must be groomed and brushed on a regular basis, much as you would do with your own hair
  • Schnauzers come in a variety of colors however only three colors are acknowledged for dog show purposes: black, black and silver, and salt and pepper.
  • Other colors available for schnauzers: white and parti (Parti means divided in French, Parti colored schnauzers are usually black and white or liver and white)
  • Schnauzers are full of energy and love to run and play
  • They defend their owners by patrolling the house and barking at any intruder (this includes leaves falling off the trees)
  • Schnauzers love to snuggle up with the person they love
  • Every schnauzer has their own unique personality and are highly intelligent

As a schnauzer fanatic I have owned a schnauzer of every color. Mine are all Miniature Schnauzers. As you can see from their poses, each one has their own bold personality

Black Schnauzer:
Our black schnauzer model is Pepper (March 7, 1993 – June 15, 2008). Although she is no longer with us we still love her dearly. Pepper was a great dancer and had a voracious appetite for steak

Salt and Pepper:
We have three models for Salt and Pepper: Belle (March 26, 1994 – October 5, 2007), Heidi (February 14, 1997 – June 2, 2010) and Misty (born July 17, 2007). As you can see Salt and Pepper can vary in color range. Belle is more silver in color whereas Misty is more charcoal in color and Heidi is between them in color

Black and Silver:
Zoey (born October 22, 2008) was born black and silver. She has since shed her black (this happens often with schnauzers so finding a true black and silver is very hard) and now looks Salt and Pepper. From her baby pictures you can see her coloring goes from very dark to very light.

Zoey now with the black stripped

White:
White is a rare and highly sought after color of schnauzers. Just because they are white does not mean they are albino, which is a common myth. White schnauzers have a mutated gene that causes their hair to not have a color pigment to it. Our White schnauzer model today is Sugar (born May 28, 1996).

Parti Color:
Lastly we have our newest addition: Oreo. Oreo is a black and white parti mix. Her markings are extremely unusual as she is striped rather than having randomly placed spots

I hope you have enjoyed this DCT and educated yourself on my babies!

These girls are all very important to my life and they mean the world to me.

Last edited by LocoBananas; 09-11-2010 at 01:54 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Faelie
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Teddy

Faelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud ofFaelie has much to be proud of
 Faelie is offline Status: Offline

I think I fell in love with Oreo. HE'S SO CUTE!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 AM
MelanieJuly16
Trading Teddy

MelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud of
 MelanieJuly16 is offline Status: Offline

Hey! Cute DCT!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 AM
cheetahc
Polar Bear
BABV Name: *looks Around*where's a pencil

cheetahc is on a distinguished road
 cheetahc is offline Status: Offline

That is soo cool.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
blazetaurus3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Blazetaurus3

blazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura aboutblazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura about
 blazetaurus3 is offline Status: Offline

Awwwwww. Cute xD
Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 AM
BellaBallet205
Trading Teddy

BellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond repute
 BellaBallet205 is offline Status: Offline

My little Annie is a schnauzer, gosh, wouldn't it just be AWESOME if they made a BAB?
White ones are SO cute <3
Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 AM
LocoBananas
Administrator

LocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant futureLocoBananas has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by BellaBallet205
My little Annie is a schnauzer, gosh, wouldn't it just be AWESOME if they made a BAB?
White ones are SO cute <3
I keep asking Maxine for one... she says there hasn't been enough of a demand for them to make one
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 AM
BellaBallet205
Trading Teddy

BellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond reputeBellaBallet205 has a reputation beyond repute
 BellaBallet205 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by LocoBananas
I keep asking Maxine for one... she says there hasn't been enough of a demand for them to make one

I will ask her too...
I will get my Annie!
xD
Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 AM
LocoBananas
Administrator

View Post Originally Posted by BellaBallet205
I will ask her too...
I will get my Annie!
xD
what color is Annie?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Firewing
Polar Bear
BABV Name: VivianCapricorn18 [fur wing]

Firewing is a name known to allFirewing is a name known to allFirewing is a name known to allFirewing is a name known to allFirewing is a name known to allFirewing is a name known to all
 Firewing is offline Status: Offline

Haii guys!
Love the DCT! < 3
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alicedecember7, bellah (:, blaze stole a tag, carlz <3, cookiesmaster<3, faelikescannedcorn, fat cat, frogs rule!!!, gracie ♥, hey hey heyyee! ♥, ilikewatermelonsnowcones, juliabearfun21, mea, megan, meghan<3, mist!, pichu approve'd, random_lady_person, rilakkuma♥, schnauzer power, talkinllamaleftdabuilding, tardiswithstarrandblaze, ur dogs r so cute, wemmaislove<3, zaravanilla26