BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:39 PM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

FruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura about
 FruityPear is offline Status: Offline
Default Rare Bears

Just wondering if anyone here has any rare bears they'd like to share Ones you rarely see, things like that

I wanna share this one my sister got back in 2007, I don't recall its actual name, I presume it was just called the Ireland Bear?
But yeah, I've never seen anything and can't find anything about this bear online, and there was no virtual verison of it (when she used the code she could just choose whatever bear she wanted online), I don't think there's any record of it at all lol

It wasn't anything to do with St. Patrick's Day, just... an Ireland Bear I guess haha, maybe it was just made for that workshop in particular (at the time there was only one BABW in Ireland, now there is a grand total of... two)

Spoiler: show

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:11 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
CambriaSpeedRacer is online now Status: Online

Minnie. Minnie is the rarest bear I've got - she was sold in one location only. Downtown Disney. I don't have pics right now.
(I do have three DTD exclusive bears, but two I got at Goodwill. Minnie is the only one I personally made at DTD and brought to life online )
Old 11-22-2018, 10:52 AM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

FruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura about

Ooooh, I didn't know BAB had bears like that, that you could only get in one specific place :o You're lucky!!!
Old 11-23-2018, 12:12 AM
MelonyAutumn7
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Webkinz: ItsSummerlynRose

MelonyAutumn7 will become famous soon enough
 MelonyAutumn7 is offline Status: Offline

I have the original endless hugs teddy. (I think thats the name at least) She is retired, but idk if she is rare or not. (She is "Beautiful" my bear) She was my first build a bear, and I got her for my birthday in 2009? 2010?

And I have the signed bear you got from having a party at BAB a couple years back with siggies from all my friends who came.

And I also have the limited edition Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard bear from 2011. That bear is named Strawberry Swirl xD The little blizzard piece still smells like strawberry cheesecake ice cream after all these years! I guess I've taken pretty good care of it!

I also have the peace and friendship bear which is also retired named Faith. And the Longhorn who I named Beevo. xD

Are any of these 'rare' tho?

Last edited by MelonyAutumn7; 11-23-2018 at 12:46 AM..
Old 11-28-2018, 12:40 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

i know i have a downtown disney bear (specifically, the brown one from 2010) and a build a dino as well (or maybe 2? i feel like i have both a green and a purple one, but i'm not going to open those compressed bags anytime soon.) I also have some bears i don't know the names of that i got from goodwill (probably not rare, but then again—i don't know.) in addition to that, i have a lot of limited edition bears, like the entire dairy queen collection from '11 and the pony + dragon duo.

that's why it hurt so much for me when BABV shut down. knowing my family put so much time and money into a bunch of expensive stuffed animals, and that we'll never get it back felt awful.
(unless, of course, any of the bears i have are selling for high prices on ebay.. that's unlikely, but i have never checked.)
Old 11-28-2018, 12:51 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

found this one at goodwill.
the mascot for st. louis u.BILLIKEN
in the card from the new app
Beary Merry Bear Builder

Last edited by st2nic; 11-28-2018 at 01:14 AM..
Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 AM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
that's why it hurt so much for me when BABV shut down. knowing my family put so much time and money into a bunch of expensive stuffed animals, and that we'll never get it back felt awful.
(unless, of course, any of the bears i have are selling for high prices on ebay.. that's unlikely, but i have never checked.)
Oh I feel this so much, from the ages of 7-12 I got 11 or 12 bears (plus an extra 3 or 4 that my sister owns) and all of them are either limited edition or now retired, and I got them all cause I was easily manipulated as a child (as most children are) and wanted them mostly for their online gifts, + the added fact that my mam was too soft on me and kept agreeing to buy me them skdjgbs I still feel guilty about it honestly

There's definitely no harm in checking ebay for how much the bears are selling for though, I'm looking into selling my gem of a friend bears with their pins cause I think they still go for about 20 euro or so? And I don't really want/need them anymore
I bet any of ye that have those disney exclusive ones/build-a-dino ones could get a decent amount for them if you wanted to sell, considering they were only available in America (from what I understand at least - they definitely never had any of those here)

Using the collectors guide st2nic posted in the chat thread, I decided to kill an hour and make a list of all the bears I own very lazily in MS Paint :D The ones after the gap at the bottom are my sisters, and the farmer's market pig came out shortly after the guide stopped being updated so I had to find a random image online

So many of these I don't even know why I own honestly, I had completely forgotten about the zebra/koala/panda

Spoiler: show

Last edited by FruityPear; 11-28-2018 at 10:29 AM..
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

Giant rudolph made an appearance.
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT