BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2015, 03:00 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

I got the email and had to come back to my childhood home of bearvilleinsider... I loved babv and came to BI because of it..and now it's all going to vanish. I am forever thankful to the owners and those who maintained this site on the couple years I was active on it. Just as I will forever be thankful for buildabear and starting my craze into the virtual online game...and then into this virtual online forum...which introduced me to the rest of the internet basically. It was the doorway to who I am today...and I'm sad to see that it is closing.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:02 PM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Ah - I know... ):
I was really upset when I heard about it.
I'm really going to miss it.

Last time party, anyone?

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 01-20-2015 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
I got the email and had to come back to my childhood home of bearvilleinsider... I loved babv and came to BI because of it..and now it's all going to vanish. I am forever thankful to the owners and those who maintained this site on the couple years I was active on it. Just as I will forever be thankful for buildabear and starting my craze into the virtual online game...and then into this virtual online forum...which introduced me to the rest of the internet basically. It was the doorway to who I am today...and I'm sad to see that it is closing.
Same, I am never on anymore, but when I received that e-mail I came back.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

I am sorry, but whoever decided to go through with this idea must not have considered the thoughts of Bearville citizens. I may play occasionally, but all the years I excitedly traded (as well as recently, as I have been interested in rare furniture), just for them to say our items are not going to be transferable? As well as the amazing memories I've had, having parties and 'falling out' with beat friends, just to come and log on the next day and go to the coffee shop. The times when I would go through to CHH and take screenshots, and ask my friends what team they were in. So disappointed.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:59 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

Same! I think this is the first time I have posted in at least 2 or 3 years. As soon as I got the e-mail I knew I had to go back to BI and see what was happening. This site was my favourite when I was younger.

Last edited by VanessaMay18; 01-20-2015 at 05:02 PM..
Old 01-20-2015, 05:14 PM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192

Of course you are right, bueskies, there are many tragedies in life and losing bearville seems like just a small one compared to that. But, believe me when I say if your life is full of losses and disappointments, it can be such a consolation to have bearville to escape from all of this, and by taking it away, they take away this opportunity for escapism.

I agree completely. Bearville has been a very happy experience, and it has been a joy to decorate, to dress up, to use moves and emoticons, and to jump into that little world.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Teddybeargirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahChocolate65

Teddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond repute
 Teddybeargirl is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
I got the same e-mail and just wanted to post it, when I saw that there was already a thread about it (thanks AJ).
Teddybeargirl, you see, the rumour I read about is indeed true (sadly).

The play section which is supposed to "replace" bearville is already up, there is the backstage search and the bearriffic nailcare and the vidos (bearville alive). So nothing new for us. Since there is nowhere anybody can log on or do anything with furry friends, it is just a little, meaningless play section which will NOT be able to replace bearville.
And yes, I am afraid we WILL lose our accounts, our virtual bears and all the bear bills and BVO credits etc. This is the saddest of all. All the things we have built up in years.
I wonder what happens to the existing VIB membearships, Teddybeargirl, have you heard anything, I believe your VIB membearship is still valid until July?

What do they mean at the beginning, like they asked us what we liked best about bearville, they never asked me??

And I have no clue what they are talking about (zoo and stuff).

VanessaMAy, this is not about maintenance, this is just about shutting bearville and making some of the single games available on the buildabear.com play section.

Of course you are right, bueskies, there are many tragedies in life and losing bearville seems like just a small one compared to that. But, believe me when I say if your life is full of losses and disappointments, it can be such a consolation to have bearville to escape from all of this, and by taking it away, they take away this opportunity for escapism.

PS:

Kay, we wrote at the same time.
At least it is clear now. We will lose everything.
I just wanted an official statement, is all.

Are you sure the play section that's already up is the new one they're talking about? Or should we wait and see what actually happens and if anything new is actually up on March 31st?

Yeah, mine goes till July, but I don't know anything else about it. I guess it'll just disappear.

I know that now everyone is going to boycott BABW, but as furious as I am about this, and believe me, I am, at least I still have my real bears and their clothes, accessories, and furniture which I can enjoy forever, and nobody is going to shut them down or take them away.

I am angry about this, believe me, but I honestly can't do anything about it, and I still have my real Build-A-Bears, and I think if I didn't have them, I'd be much more upset, because then I wouldn't have anything related to Build-A-Bear Workshop anymore.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

Like many I was brought back here by the news. I haven't been on in a long time. This was the first Christmas I missed, because I was sure they weren't going to do anything new. In some ways it's better to see the end and say goodbye, rather than have it continue as so much less than it used to be.

• I am happy that I made my condo what I wanted it to be.
  • I'm glad I got some of the things I most wanted - no pool table or pinball though.
  • I'm grateful for all the good people I met, although safe chat made real life friendships impossible.

I'll probably check in more, now that time is so short. Sorry for all those feeling bad. Say Hi to me, if you see me in Bear Boulevard.

P.S. I'm sure the guests didn't want to close Bearville. They probably just wanted to play on the phones and ipads. Making it app based means starting over. Unfortunately, their non-bearville games have been awful, so this is really the end of Build-a-Bear for me.

P.P.S. Hey, Wendy! I guess you don't need to update this website's banner or open the trading den after all. You really should have though!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Fairy Zoe
Sage Bear
BABV Name: ZoeYouRock426 :)

Fairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to behold
 Fairy Zoe is offline Status: Offline

Same here, I mean I have been on and off lately because of Nostalgia but same w/ the thankfulness to BI. BI was my childhood aswell, If it weren't for Buildabearville and bi I wouldn't have been friends with some of my best online friends today, and we all now play a different game called onverse and I have even met a few of them. It is sad to see it is closing, as it is my child hood down the drain.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Rebekahhug3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rebekahhug3

Rebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the rough
 Rebekahhug3 is offline Status: Offline
Default Zoo?

Anybody figure out the zoo thing referenced in the letter?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, cyrus loves you, frogs are sad, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, rip bearville, this is the end