BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2015, 11:55 AM
ajadorable55013
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AJADORABLE55013

ajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud of
 ajadorable55013 is offline Status: Offline
Default It's offical (Bearville shutting down)

This is the email I received:

"
Dear Bearville Guest,

We can hardly believe it, but Bearville.com has been around for 7 years! To make sure we are always the place to go for fun, we recently asked fans like you to tell us what you like best about Bearville.

Based on this Guest feedback and new technology, we are introducing a whole new play spot this spring that will build on the things you love about Bearville, and introduce new and different ways to play.

In preparation for this exciting change, here are some other important dates:
If you have an older animal that you haven't added to your account yet, you can still do so before 1/31/15. (Our stores are no longer printing key codes on the birth certificates, so new animals cannot be brought to life on Bearville.com.)
From 1/31/2015 on, existing Guests can continue to play with their current avatar(s) and furry friends.
On 3/31/2015 Bearville will shut down to make room for the new buildabear.com/play.
We thank you for being a loyal Bearville Guest and hope you will continue to play in Bearville until the new spot is ready. We have brought back some rare items to keep the fun going. (Here's a clue: visit the Zoo!) See what else you can discover!

We are ready to take play to a whole new place and are excited to have you share the journey. Stay tuned! If you have any questions about your account or our new place to play please email vwhelp@buildabear.com.

Bear Hugs,
The Bearville Team"

Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Teddybeargirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahChocolate65

Teddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond repute
 Teddybeargirl is offline Status: Offline

I wish they would expand a little on the information about the new area.

Are we going to lose our accounts? Are they going to be transferred over to the new area in March?

Because I don't see how the new area is going to be built on the things we love about BABV if we lose our character, animals, Cub Condo, and all of the items we collected over the years.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

I just logged in one of our characters who doesn't have Zoo access. He still doesn't have Zoo access. I wonder what in the world they meant by that, then.

In the grand scheme of life this isn't the worst thing, of course, but it is disappointing.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Teddybeargirl
I wish they would expand a little on the information about the new area.

Are we going to lose our accounts? Are they going to be transferred over to the new area in March?

Because I don't see how the new area is going to be built on the things we love about BABV if we lose our character, animals, Cub Condo, and all of the items we collected over the years.
I was wondering the same thing. I don't want to lose all of my items!!

I had been thinking that BABV should do a little bit of maintenance, because nothing new has happened in awhile, but I wish they could change things without closing down!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:57 PM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

I went through this when I used to play SuperPoke Pets. There was a huge uproar because people (foolishly, IMVHO) spent lots of real money buying virtual things for their pets and their habitats, only to have it all vanish when SPP shut down.

Again, we need to keep this all in perspective, as disappointing as this news is.

I posted on BABW's Facebook page my opinion that more information about the proposed replacement would be helpful.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:00 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

I agree that it's not a tragedy, although it is disappointing. Thank you for making the post on their Facebook page! Hopefully we will learn more information soon.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Kay
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KayCub50

Kay is on a distinguished road
 Kay is offline Status: Offline

i emailed and ask if we lose all our stuff
reply i got pasted below

I am sorry but all items affiliated with your Bearville character will not
pursue or be transferred on the new buildabear.com/play.

Build-A-Bear is committed to offering entertaining play experiences to
guests. Based on guest feedback and new technologies, we are shifting our
focus to other online and mobile play, such as apps like Santa’s Merry
Mission, launched in holiday 2014. We truly appreciate your loyal support
for Bearville and hope you will continue to enjoy our new play
experiences– with more to come!

Please feel free to write us back at vwhelp@buildabear.com if you have
other questions or concerns.

Have a Bearrific day!

Bear Hugs,
Bearville Team
Old 01-20-2015, 01:52 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I got the same e-mail and just wanted to post it, when I saw that there was already a thread about it (thanks AJ).
Teddybeargirl, you see, the rumour I read about is indeed true (sadly).

The play section which is supposed to "replace" bearville is already up, there is the backstage search and the bearriffic nailcare and the vidos (bearville alive). So nothing new for us. Since there is nowhere anybody can log on or do anything with furry friends, it is just a little, meaningless play section which will NOT be able to replace bearville.
And yes, I am afraid we WILL lose our accounts, our virtual bears and all the bear bills and BVO credits etc. This is the saddest of all. All the things we have built up in years.
I wonder what happens to the existing VIB membearships, Teddybeargirl, have you heard anything, I believe your VIB membearship is still valid until July?

What do they mean at the beginning, like they asked us what we liked best about bearville, they never asked me??

And I have no clue what they are talking about (zoo and stuff).

VanessaMAy, this is not about maintenance, this is just about shutting bearville and making some of the single games available on the buildabear.com play section.

Of course you are right, bueskies, there are many tragedies in life and losing bearville seems like just a small one compared to that. But, believe me when I say if your life is full of losses and disappointments, it can be such a consolation to have bearville to escape from all of this, and by taking it away, they take away this opportunity for escapism.

PS:

Kay, we wrote at the same time.
At least it is clear now. We will lose everything.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Kay
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KayCub50

Kay is on a distinguished road
 Kay is offline Status: Offline

so very sad

i. will. never. buy. a. bear. again.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Rebekahhug3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rebekahhug3

Rebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the roughRebekahhug3 is a jewel in the rough
 Rebekahhug3 is offline Status: Offline
Default I agree

View Post Originally Posted by Kay
so very sad

i. will. never. buy. a. bear. again.
I bought many bears over the years for their psi's specifically. I have spent the time trading and collecting for it all to disappear. I own several furry friends, but I will NOT add to my collection. I am through with build a bear.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, cyrus loves you, frogs are sad, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, rip bearville, this is the end