BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Fairy Zoe
Sage Bear
BABV Name: ZoeYouRock426 :)

Fairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to behold
 Fairy Zoe is offline Status: Offline
Default How to stay super safe on the web

Well this is just about how to be super safe on the web.
So here is a list of things to do.
  1. Make up birthdates when things ask you how old you are to sign up.
  2. Make up fake full names like The Rocking Llama when things ask for your names.
  3. Use strong Strong passwords, do not use passwords that have your first name in it or anything like that.
  4. Use different usernames on each and every site.
  5. Do not use your name in email adresses.
  6. Never say what city or county you live in. It may be safest not to even say your state.
  7. turn your computer off completly when you are not on it
See not too hard
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
shelbypopstar44
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Sunnisurfboard

shelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud of
 shelbypopstar44 is offline Status: Offline

exactly what i do! i do all those things!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
JaydenSapphire1
Sage Bear
BABV Name: jayy(:

JaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to behold
 JaydenSapphire1 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Zoe. I do all of this stuff so I stay safe on the web.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 PM
chloesugarsweet17
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ChloeSugarSweet17

chloesugarsweet17 is on a distinguished road
 chloesugarsweet17 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the tips!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
babygirl75
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: valeria

babygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud ofbabygirl75 has much to be proud of
 babygirl75 is offline Status: Offline

thx 4 the tips..........
Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
CupcakeGirl
Polar Bear

CupcakeGirl will become famous soon enough
 CupcakeGirl is offline Status: Offline

Thanks For The Rocking Tips!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

ummmm....I do not agree with you on tip #1. Lying bout your age is wrong. Never mind the fact that you may have to be a certain age to join a site. Age limits on websites are normally used to keep you safe. =] Other than that, good tips ;]
You wanna be stuck with 16 year olds, would you?

Last edited by CurlyQ95; 02-21-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Old 02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

I think those are some great rules to stay safe on the web, I really don't think that lying about your age though is the best way to go, people can't find out much by your age, and on sites like BI, people can't even SEE your age, so why lie about it? If you were trying to sign up for another site and you said you were like 15 when you were really 10 a bunch of 15 year olds would be trying to talk to you, and then you might get into some trouble because you don't know what you're talking about or what you're doing because their older so they could be taking advantage of you. Other than the lying about your age rule I think they're all good.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Fairy Zoe
Sage Bear
BABV Name: ZoeYouRock426 :)

Fairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to behold
 Fairy Zoe is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
I think those are some great rules to stay safe on the web, I really don't think that lying about your age though is the best way to go, people can't find out much by your age, and on sites like BI, people can't even SEE your age, so why lie about it? If you were trying to sign up for another site and you said you were like 15 when you were really 10 a bunch of 15 year olds would be trying to talk to you, and then you might get into some trouble because you don't know what you're talking about or what you're doing because their older so they could be taking advantage of you. Other than the lying about your age rule I think they're all good.
I know but i meant like sites like glitterfly or imagechef or photobucket for the age thing
Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
VannessaAdorable9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VannessaAdorable9

VannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of light
 VannessaAdorable9 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome tips! This will help many people stay safe on the Web.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT