BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:33 AM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

yeah, it's definitely declining but I guess they should've expected that with their target population growing out of it. we don't have a build a bear workshop in New Zealand, so I can't really say if it's still somewhat popular.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

For the Find-a-Bear ID System - My grandma sent me a triceratops a few months ago. I have yet to name it, as the last few trips were either spur of the moment or I forgot to take Tricey (and I never actually bought anything either way). Without the Find-a-Bear ID System (I was not annoyed with putting in my data) and with awful certificates, I'm not even gonna bother.

Just a silly tradition now.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:41 PM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear
BABV Name: iamspamhoff

bearvillebae is on a distinguished road
 bearvillebae is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Ashleighsinger4
yeah, it's definitely declining but I guess they should've expected that with their target population growing out of it. we don't have a build a bear workshop in New Zealand, so I can't really say if it's still somewhat popular.
I think that they are really trying to get younger children hooked to BABW instead of a wide-variety of ages. As for financials, they've had some bad moments but overall since she took over it's been getting better. In 2016, they kind of experianced a bit of a rough road, but not as bad as the one from 2008 to 2012.

The Pokemon animals seem to be making a lot of money!

I also wonder how Build-A-Bear At Sea (on Carnival Cruise Ships) is going.

Also, they don't play BABW oringinal music anymore. The only song they still use is ''Birthday Bear'' and they have that on a sound. Otherwise, they play songs like Who Says? By Selena Gomez, and What Makes Your Bueatiful. By One Direction.

I miss the old songs like Be Berrific, Teddy Bear Heart, It's Your Bear Day... those were the jam. I still listen to them on Youtube.

I have also been finding some old Craftshop or BE News videos and watching those...
Old 08-11-2017, 01:52 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

news story today about babw mall kiosk? stores.
i was not impressed by store or story.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM
SydneyPaw500
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

SydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura about
 SydneyPaw500 is offline Status: Offline

They really are aiming BABW towards younger kids. I got an email today saying they have now brought out shopkins teddies, and with any purchase of one you get a limited edition shopkin figure. Pretty good way to get younger kids to buy a bear just for a figure! In my opinion, they look like a normal cheaply made teddy (and really scary eyes) but with a shopkins logo on its paw…
Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 AM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear
BABV Name: iamspamhoff

bearvillebae is on a distinguished road
 bearvillebae is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by SydneyPaw500
They really are aiming BABW towards younger kids. I got an email today saying they have now brought out shopkins teddies, and with any purchase of one you get a limited edition shopkin figure. Pretty good way to get younger kids to buy a bear just for a figure! In my opinion, they look like a normal cheaply made teddy (and really scary eyes) but with a shopkins logo on its paw…
Yep, they are aiming for younger kids. In all honesty, that's the worst way to get kids to buy a bear. I hate the shopkins bears, because I feel like there as you said just regular bears with shopkin theming.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:06 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

I couldn't harbour a more negative view of their current operation. They're quickly removing everything that made the shopping experience so enjoyable in a quick-ditch attempt at becoming just like everyone else modern.

Bearville, a Flash relic of the days before HTML5 came to town, could easily have retained all data and been kept up, albeit with no future updates, for a likely insignificant cost. BUT NOOOOO, the woman with the fakest smile I've ever seen has to get rid of it all 2 enshur maxx profitz!!!!!! lol xDDDD

Unfortunately, Bearville lacked the popularity of its counterparts (webkinz, club penguin), so there isn't likely to be a "rewritten" comeback any time soon that won't fall through the roof faster than you can say "Sharon". Even then, I personally wouldn't see much of a point, as I'd be making an entirely new character and losing my old inventory/furry friends/whatever. It just wouldn't be the same for me.

I never liked Webkinz, however Ganz has managed to keep it up and running even in the mobile age and I think that is to be applauded. I don't think Webkinz fans will have to deal with shutdown fear for quite some time.

(sorry for bad grammar, i'm mad tired)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:50 AM
eh3an2010
Knut

eh3an2010 is on a distinguished road
 eh3an2010 is offline Status: Offline

it's really sad that build a bear has changed so much. it's gone downhill in the last few years especially with the removal of bearville. obviously it's always been a business but nowadays it seems far too commercially orientated as opposed to how it used to be. but i'll always have nice memories of build a bear, and i'm glad we got to experience it back when it was still good
طراحی سایت
Old 09-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Fairy Zoe
Sage Bear
BABV Name: ZoeYouRock426 :)

Fairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to beholdFairy Zoe is a splendid one to behold
 Fairy Zoe is offline Status: Offline

I was at the mall yesterday, and we have two major malls in my area. One with a buildabear (in raleigh) and one without (in durham), upon going up to the second floor of the durham mall, south point there was a huge kiosk for buildabear, like a transportable build a bear work shop? I was in tears seeing it, I haven't built a buildabear since 2013 and do not think I will again because the company is no longer what it was 10 years ago when I joined BABV, and its just its so weird. I miss the old company.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:16 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

today's offer of $5.50 bear at babw, falling short.
too big for Samaritan’s Purse shoe box, want to give to no one else.
giving cash to relief organizations at the moment, both for disaster relief (worked with all 4 big ones in US) and to feed the hungry.
want babw to give the same, just like sharon did to all those associates and their families on her secret boss episode.
cannot even have the safe place we knew before the (sharon) storm, still pointed to on a babw site.
http://www.buildabear.ca//BABW/CA/As.../hpplaysec.swf
when will the cries be heard?
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
anti-sharon alliance