BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > BearvilleInsider Contests!

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline
Default Official Bearville Insider Vitamin D Photography Contest! (RESULTS - FINALLY!!!)

I am so very sorry it took me forever to get these results posted . All the pictures were excellent, and it was beary difficult to judge! I also had a number of real-life issues to deal with. I thank LocoBananas and my best friend (who doesn't play Build-a-Bear - he did the final tie-breaking) for helping with the judging.

At long last, the top four prizewinners *drumroll*:

1st place: SavannahSassyFriend1 - Fae the Flamingo drawing the map of BABV in sidewalk chalk
2nd place:ValentinaHug - Ice Cream Bears climbing on circular piece of playground equipment
3rd place: JonathanIceSkate - World Cup Owl
4th place: mickeyquack - "No BABs got wet during this photography session"

Since they were all so excellent, I will add a 1-credit item for each of the two prizes that get roses. I'll let you pick your prizes in order of placement (e.g. SavannahSassyFriend picks whether she wants ear buddies, a jump rope move, or roses and 1 credit, then ValentinaHug picks which of the remaining three prizes she wants, etc.)

Thank you all for entering such wonderful photos and fun captions! It was great to see all your creative entries!

OK, all you vampires who stay inside during the day on the computer, it's time to get outdoors and catch some rays to get some vitamin D in you! So grab your camera, cellphone, DSi, or whatever other electronic device you have that can capture an image outdoors and head outside for some fun in the sun!

(Some of you may remember that poll I posted about cameras, and have wondered why I did... Here's your answer!)

Three winners will be selected, and they will win one of the following things:

1. Ear Buddies,

2. a
Jump Rope Move,
3. or a
Bouquet of Roses in a color of your choice!

Thanks to
fairlyoddmom for providing the Ear Buddies and Jump Rope Move!

This contest will run until August 15th, 2010. Pictures posted after 12 pm, EST on August 15 will not count.

Note: There are two options for subjects to photograph in this contest. If you have a Build-a-Bear animal, do #1. If you do not have a Build-a-Bear animal, do #2.

The rules:

1. If you have a Build-a-Bear animal:

Take a photo of your Build-a-Bear animal outside in the sun (such as next to a plant or something to show that it's not indoors) and give it a caption.

2. If you do not have a Build-a-Bear animal:

Made a drawing outside using sidewalk chalk that relates to Build-a-Bear or Build-a-Bearville, and take a photo of the drawing during the day.

As usual, ABSOLUTELY NO personal info or photos that include people, street addresses, names, etc. which might identify location easily. Breaking this rule would result in automatic deletion and disqualification. Photos and captions must follow all other standard rules of BI.

No photo editing except for cropping and basic color adjustment (like changing brightness/contrast if it's hard to see) - it has to be an actual photo of the animal outside, or of an actual sidewalk chalk drawing that you created yourself.

You may only post ONCE on this thread. Your photo and caption should not be changed or edited after you post them. Please keep post edits to a minimum. Please stop with the "placeholder" posts. They annoy me greatly. Edits made after the cutoff date and time result in disqualification.

Judging criteria:

1. Relevance to the contest - it's actually photographed outdoors, during the day, and includes either a Build-a-Bear animal or a sidewalk chalk drawing of something related to Build-a-Bear or Build-a-Bearville.

2. Clarity of the photo - can we tell what's in it?

3. Caption - how well did you describe the photo, or how amusing/unique was your description?

4. Originality - did you find some unique place to take the photo, or did you include another interesting object in the photo?

Here are some example photos:

This is a good example.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ready to Roll!

It was taken during the day, obviously outside, and shows no personal info.

I don't know if you ever read the Bearenstein Bears book called The Bike Lesson, but... "This is what you should not do, Little Bear!"

"I can fly! I can fly! Hey, umm, you think you could open that door so I might actually go somewhere?"

It was taken at night, indoors, and you can see buildings. Not good, not good at all!

Now go get those creative juices flowing, shutters snapping, and... well you get the picture!

Credit goes to LocoBananas for help with the rules and judging criteria. Thanks to fairlyoddmom and Wendy for permission to host it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are answers to questions I've been asked:

1. You may have as many furry friends as you like in the picture. You may include any objects you want, as long as they are allowed.

2. Furry friends may be wearing whatever clothing or items you like. You can't really see in the picture, but my dog is wearing a collar and leash, in addition to the pink plush flowers on both ears. Normally, she wears a hoodie instead of the leash, but it was 90 degrees outside that day, so it didn't seem very fitting lol.

3. Yes, you may use mini Build-a-Bear animals.

Last edited by Rainribbon; 10-04-2010 at 12:13 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM
LorenaLoveable11
Polar Bear

LorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to beholdLorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to beholdLorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to beholdLorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to beholdLorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to beholdLorenaLoveable11 is a splendid one to behold
 LorenaLoveable11 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome
Contest!

Last edited by LorenaLoveable11; 07-06-2010 at 03:41 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 AM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

I will be sure to get my "vampire" self outdoors for this one! xD (I DO go outside a lot, for your information Rain, lol xD) The only question is, which BAB to use...

Awesome contest!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:41 AM
ZoeyCuddles2474
Trading Teddy

ZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeyCuddles2474 is offline Status: Offline

Cool contest.I didn't bring all my furry friends to the hotel but i broth my flamingo so i can use that.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:31 AM
EveHugs22
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: EveHugs22

EveHugs22 will become famous soon enough
 EveHugs22 is offline Status: Offline

Cool Reserved For Eve's Entry
Old 07-06-2010, 09:20 AM
kaykayc911
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: mrs. styles

kaykayc911 will become famous soon enoughkaykayc911 will become famous soon enough
 kaykayc911 is offline Status: Offline

Reserved for Kalieiceskate's entry!!! going to post ASAP (:

UPDATE: here is my entry. the only thing i did to it is crop it, mess with the contrast a bit, and i wrote my name (:

Caption: Leelo explores the jungle! (aka, the Backyard. xD)
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by kaykayc911; 07-10-2010 at 07:37 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 AM
katherinesunbeam
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: NellieSunBeam

katherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to beholdkatherinesunbeam is a splendid one to behold
 katherinesunbeam is offline Status: Offline
Red face

Very awesome contest. (:

Tommy soaks up the sun, perched on this tree branch.

Last edited by katherinesunbeam; 07-28-2010 at 11:37 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
KaelynPawfect
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kaelynpawfect

KaelynPawfect will become famous soon enough
 KaelynPawfect is offline Status: Offline

reserved for me luvin the contest i am new and first contest ever!!!!! just need to work out how to get it on here..... hmmmm xxxx
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
DaytonPawPrints
Polar Bear
BABV Name: DaytonMusicMaker97 or ^

DaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant futureDaytonPawPrints has a brilliant future
 DaytonPawPrints is offline Status: Offline

Awesome, I love photography! :] I will be sure to post some pictures!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
shelbypopstar44
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Sunnisurfboard

shelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud ofshelbypopstar44 has much to be proud of
 shelbypopstar44 is offline Status: Offline

rESERVED FOR ME!!! lol awesome contest rainribbon! Thanks for hosting it!

Edit:

Here is my picture ::

This is (Ari)Zona, she is named after the orange bluffs of Arizona and also after my dog. Zona is gardening flowers in her magic Buildabear garden. Her flowers never wilt! They stay fresh and smell great! Zona also likes to explore, but during the summer it is also important to take great care of your flowers!

Last edited by shelbypopstar44; 07-31-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
-addi(:, alexandra, bellah (:, carlaluv11 was here!♫, cookievanilla was here(:, daytonpawprints, dpp♥photography!, faelikescannedcorn, gaelen, gissellepics!, i love photography, jayden(:, juliapink49 visited, libbyluv2sing99 :), meghan, meghan luvs photography, simone was here <3, thanks bi staff ssf1, tigerhappy26 was here!, too dark lol!, valluvsuall, xxxxxx, zoelikescraisins, ~ prettyperfefect ~, ☼ + girl