BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Coffee House

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2019, 02:11 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

been trying to see what still works bearville - wise.

changed the posters in the den to add my favorite from bv - avengers.

then decided should have dragon choice to remember my purchase of toothless to get code for bearville.
dragon poster would not stay in my sleeping quarters, but makes for interesting bv idea....

Click the image to open in full size.

let me know what you think.

i am amused and terrified as well as wondering what this bv story-line teaches.

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
Well, ...

EDIT: I'm about to go onto medication, so... yup, my life turned upside down since Bearville closed.

Probably worth mentioning that if Bearville was still open, I'd probably be using it as a coping mechanism.
well, i still use bearville as a coping mechanism and it is not working as well since it closed. but still better than other things i have tried.

i am glad you are getting help as needed.

apparently cponline is hiring an experienced flash programmer, so if i had gotten better at flash ...

View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
I'm really glad you were finally able to talk to your parents and I hope the medication helps. My mom used to be very not understanding about mental health as well, but eventually she started listening and in December 2018 I was able to start going to therapy for anxiety and depression (which my therapist and I realized this past week was greatly worsened from me getting in an emotionally abusive relationship a few months after Bearville closed...yay)

And I'm in third year university and still unable to make important decisions so you're not the only one. Here's to hopefully improving mental health from now on
i am glad you are getting help as needed.

need to find something worth going all in on for myself. have been helping incrementally on some things, but looking for that 'wow's-er project.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:07 AM
kloetrack
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KloeTrack

kloetrack will become famous soon enoughkloetrack will become famous soon enough
 kloetrack is offline Status: Offline

:O Super late reply, but I'm amazed at how much this thread blew up! I'll try to respond to all of you individually within a post or two, since I'm slightly hopped up on coffee at approximately 10:30 at night right now. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond! I hope you all are having a lovely day or night, and if not, I hope tomorrow is better!♥

@Abbygail: I definitely understand— I can say that I've been doing essentially the same. I've matured a ton since Bearville shut down; I'm almost done with school, now, too (finally). I think that, personally, the shutdown didn't affect me as much as it had others due to factors such as having been using the site for less time, being [much] younger than most others, et cetera, so I can see your perspective on the issue. Video games are my main hobby nowadays, but it seems I've been getting less and less free time to spend lately; however, I'm a fan of Animal Crossing, too! I wish I had been more active here, too, but in my case it may have been better that I wasn't, haha...

@CarsonSweet: A much shorter response than the one above, but I've grown pretty similarly. I was raised to have a rather narrow(?) point of view on things, but after a few years I became much more open-minded. I'm sure I have my father to thank for that; he was very supportive whenever I told him my views on political subjects, since after 2016 or so we both became much more tolerant people.

@VanessaMay18: Don't worry too much about a lack of confidence— I won't lie, I definitely have the same issue. It's great that you've discovered yourself more! I used to be a fan of writing, too, but my interests have shifted to music also, haha. I wish I could write music, but I'm still relatively new to music theory and such! That's super cool. That's wonderful that you've been able to work on your mental health; it's very important. I'm sure that we're all here to support you (and anyone else!) if you're in need.

Continued! [12:08 A.M.]

@st2nic: I'm deeply sorry for the loss of both your family member and your family friend. I lost my father this previous January, and I can say from the bottom of my heart that I understand how much it hurts. We spent a lot of time gaming together (I'd never had him play Bearville with me while it was still online— it was more of my younger self rambling to him about what I'd done on there that day and how much I'd enjoyed it) and it's been noticeably less enjoyable since, even if it's still my main hobby. The news is a very cruel thing; I'm very sorry about that. It wasn't very long after my father had passed that news vans were showing up without any permission or requests from family, and it is very devastating. I hope that things get better for you.

@goaliegirl63: That is kind of odd, but things like that were probably common among many of us here at one point, haha. I remember doing things like that, too! I can't remember the names of my side accounts at all, but I know I had some. I think I still have all of my Build a Bears, too, but they're probably all stored away inside my closet...Congratulations on your new BABs, too! I'm much more into music now— personally, I'm a big fan of System of a Down, Alkaline Trio, and Mindless Self Indulgence— and I have a cat, too. He's a lazy little thing, but I love him regardless. I hope college is going well for you!

@CambriaSpeedRacer: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that your family becomes more understanding and reliable when you need help, and that the medication will do something to alleviate this. As I said in my previous post, I'm sure we're all here for you if you need to talk.

Last edited by kloetrack; 03-16-2019 at 01:09 AM..
Old 04-05-2019, 09:51 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear

thanks for your thoughtful responses.

love and enjoy your family all the time you have them.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:51 AM
SunnyDayz100
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Ella-chan~!

SunnyDayz100 is a jewel in the roughSunnyDayz100 is a jewel in the roughSunnyDayz100 is a jewel in the rough
 SunnyDayz100 is offline Status: Offline

Such a good idea to make this thread!

I haven't been active on the forum since late-ish 2012 and it feels like forever since then. I would come back on here and there to send small msgs to old friends, but just forget to come back on.
The only reason why I'm here is I was cleaning out some shelves and found all my furry friends that I forgot I even had, and I started to reflect on all the good times that I had here.

Since my disappearance so much has happened.
I got into gaming more than I had been and made some longtime friends because of it. I'm even in a long distance relationship with a really wonderful guy in England for about 5 years now. He comes out to visit me ever 3-4 months and just last year I flew out to live with him for 6 months! It was such an amazing experience and I would do it all over again!

I've changed so much since then, but for the better. Like someone had mentioned before, I too used to make up stories about my life because I guess I wanted attention or was bored. I honestly don't know why I did but it's super cringy to look back on today and I wish that I hadn't. I would say I'm more truthful and open minded today than I was back then and I'm still trying to better myself.

I will admit, my life hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine like I make it out to be. I've suffered from depression since I was 15 (so about 7 years now) and I didn't get help until just this last year when I almost did something that I regret ever thinking about it to begin with. But I'm happy that I've decided to get help finally and I honestly feel better because of it.

I absolutely love music with every fiber of my being! I'm a huge fan of Imagine Dragons and even had the pleasure of winning concert tickets to the Origins Experience in November, which was super fun to go with my mom! I even went to a concert of theirs last March when I was in England. I think that was a gateway to trying to get help with my depression/anxiety. The lead singer took a moment to talk about his fight with depression and that it's okay to get help. That moment has made an impact on me.

I would definitely call myself a gamer. Heck! My dream is to make an income by being a streamer one day!
The games that I mostly play are: Minecraft, Overwatch, Animal Crossing (can't wait for the switch one to come out!), and a whole lot more on Steam.

So over-all- Trying to better myself and discover who I want to be.

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
I'm about to go onto medication, so... yup, my life turned upside down since Bearville closed.

Probably worth mentioning that if Bearville was still open, I'd probably be using it as a coping mechanism.
I honestly wish all the best for you! I hope you're able to resolve getting the proper medication that you need and I want to say that I'm proud of you. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm more than happy to give an ear.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:15 PM
babv rock
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Kyleboysrule

babv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nice
 babv rock is offline Status: Offline

Wow it's been four years. I can't believe it. I feel kind of old now.

(edit: It's great to see new and old people come here. I hope I can visit this forum a little more often)

Now that I'm moving on into university in a few years' time I think that I've grown into a mature person. While Bearville and the community here helped me grow, I've discovered other avenues for coping. After therapy and stuff, I was slowly able to watch myself grow through different experiences like contests and all. I'm glad that people are trying to embrace mental health now, and if it weren't for the little things (like therapy, spending time for myself), I would have remained where I am right now. I'm still experiencing some slips and slides, but I believe that I can do it and cross the finish line.

Last edited by babv rock; 04-08-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 04-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Caroline4LeafClover465
Trading Teddy

Caroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant future
 Caroline4LeafClover465 is offline Status: Offline

Really good idea to make this thread tbh, it's been a long time since I visited.

BI and BABV were a huge part of my middle school years, I spent a loooot time on the forum and playing it. It was definitely a huge change for me when it shut down bc I suddenly had a lot of free time. A lot of the friends I made on here were definitely older than me, so I tried to act a bit more mature, however I think it just made me look more immature lol. I've grown up a lot since it closed and I've definitely stopped trying to impress people and I've been able to just be honest with myself I guess? I'm also at the point where I'm able to apply for a moderator which is pretty startling considering I always wanted to when I was active on the forum. My life has also changed a lot (for the better), since it closed; I'm in a steady relationship, I'm enjoying and doing well in my program at school, I have a group of great friends and just generally am content.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:27 AM
Vanizo
Knut
BABV Name: MelanieMay108

Vanizo is on a distinguished road
 Vanizo is offline Status: Offline

Wew, I was very, very young and was unaware of so many things. Definitely much more shyer than I am now, but BABV sorta helped me come to terms with being online as a 8 year old. Now I'm in college and engaged haha.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:48 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

Cambria, I hope the medication helps, and I can totally understanda bout the copping mechanism. For me, this is what Bearville was. A second life were I had nice friends, cute animals, a big house and I was pretty! Haha! It was basically a life to escape to, the childhood I never had in real life,
And then they took it away from me.
I am playing on Webkinz now, which I enjoy, but still I sometimes have the feelign it is a kind of a rebound.Like you loe a partner and then you mourn, and then you finally find something new, but you ask yourself: would I even consider going out with him if the other one was still available?
Apart from this, I am not sure. I don't think I have changed that much.

st2nic, where did you get that from??
And another question: Is it correct that Worlize isn't open any longer?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:30 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
Cambria, I hope the medication helps, and I can totally understanda bout the copping mechanism. For me, this is what Bearville was. A second life were I had nice friends, cute animals, a big house and I was pretty! Haha! It was basically a life to escape to, the childhood I never had in real life,
And then they took it away from me.
I am playing on Webkinz now, which I enjoy, but still I sometimes have the feelign it is a kind of a rebound.Like you loe a partner and then you mourn, and then you finally find something new, but you ask yourself: would I even consider going out with him if the other one was still available?
Apart from this, I am not sure. I don't think I have changed that much.

st2nic, where did you get that from??
And another question: Is it correct that Worlize isn't open any longer?
worlize said it was closing. we had a goodbye party, but it still has been working if your browser supports/allows flash.
the den

the posters are from my cache on different machines.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by st2nic; 04-23-2019 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: added gif
Old 04-24-2019, 03:56 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

this is what I was wondering...was it supposed to close because of flash? because I remember they said something about funding.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, worlize