BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 12:01 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline
Default Parallels Between Build-a-Bear and Electronic Arts

I've been hearing a lot about EA lately, and I noticed that there are many similarities between their operation and that of Build-a-Bear.

Here's the few I can think of for now:

- Both shut down popular MMORPGs to the frustration of many. As we know, BABW shut down Bearville, and EA has shut down quite a few different ones—while I can't recall which specific games they were, I know that they have also closed multiple small studios.

- Greedy CEOs: BABW has Sharon, and EA has their Sharon in Andrew Wilson.

- Greed in general: We know BABW for their overpriced licensed bears and for their unnecessary clothing & accessories. Meanwhile, EA (a company long known for their sheer greed and poor customer service) has outraged many with the excessive number of in-app purchases in Star Wars: Battlefront II.

So yeah, I feel that Build-a-Bear has become quite similar to the most hated company in gaming. Congrats, Sharon!
Old 04-02-2018, 12:31 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

Awesome. Wow. Nice job, Sharon.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

*slow claps*
Old 04-02-2018, 04:22 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

babw is very limited in offerings, so those of us that had not developed other outlets are more stuck.
100s of thousands of very negative posts by those feeling ripped off by EA (for 1 game) to the point of closing down responses, as well as being voted worst company a few years, sounds much worse. $10 loot boxes with .02% chance of getting desired items (rare) and locked desired characters requiring 40 to 100 hours to get, not for me. i would not buy in to start with, my choice.

again, what factors are desired for bearville audience would not be same as the described audience for that and most EA games.

slippery slope of greed and addiction, choose wisely.

what would have happened if EA had bought and continued bearville?

I am still wondering if it would have worked as a nonprofit (user run) server game. some users were getting less polite or considerate in their interactions.
worlize would need serious moderating to become friendly for the bearville audience and ....
Old 04-03-2018, 05:12 PM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet will become famous soon enough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by st2nic
babw is very limited in offerings, so those of us that had not developed other outlets are more stuck.
100s of thousands of very negative posts by those feeling ripped off by EA (for 1 game) to the point of closing down responses, as well as being voted worst company a few years, sounds much worse. $10 loot boxes with .02% chance of getting desired items (rare) and locked desired characters requiring 40 to 100 hours to get, not for me. i would not buy in to start with, my choice.

again, what factors are desired for bearville audience would not be same as the described audience for that and most EA games.

slippery slope of greed and addiction, choose wisely.

what would have happened if EA had bought and continued bearville?

I am still wondering if it would have worked as a nonprofit (user run) server game. some users were getting less polite or considerate in their interactions.
worlize would need serious moderating to become friendly for the bearville audience and ....
I think EA would've probably discontinued Bearville at some point, if we're considering the fact a lot of browser-based games are becoming less popular or going into mobile (like Poptropica, why?). I don't know how Webkinz has kept it up, honestly.

Anyway, to add on to other thoughts, maybe this year, we should work on getting that "nonprofit server" we wanted. I know from games like AOTTG (built on Unity) you can make servers?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, awesome. wow.