BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:07 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline
Default A Long Way

Years ago, my grandfather sent me and my brother $50 gift cards. This was... more money than I knew how to deal with. My parents talked, and decided to take me and my brother to Downtown Disney, just as soon as they finished taking care of taxes.

I told my aunt, who had become a Build-a-Bear collector. She said that there was a Build-a-Bear Workshop there.

The day came. It was a Sunday. My parents drove us to Downtown Disney, and I already knew exactly what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go. We made out way over to Build-a-Bear Workshop.

I chose my bear: a High School Musical bear (I was such a fan lol). I stuffed her. I fluffed her. I dressed her in High School Musical pajamas and High School Musical slippers. I named her: Gabriella, after my favorite High School Musical character.

Everywhere, everywhere, were ads for a game. Including a giant ad right above the Name Me station.

I headed to Check Out. The Bear Associate asked if I played that game that was advertised everywhere. When I said no, she told me how to join, what codes to use to get my account set up.

I took Gabriella home. Best friends are furever, and I promised right then to make Gabriella my number one pal.

we didn't actually go home right away but whatevs

The next day was Monday. I headed to school, survived, then came home. After I finished my homework, my mom and I sat down at the computer...

..and ten years ago today, I signed up for buildabearville.com.

------------------------

I've come along way since then. Build-a-Bearville helped me survive the next year. I fell, rose, fell even further, and I'm finally starting to rise again. I was part of an amazing community, and it helped me rise. The messages of friendship in the game moved me, and I kept falling in love.

The game is closed now, but - why let that stop me from falling in love even more?
Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

Darn I miss Bearville and the way BABW used to be in general after reading this post.

But you're right - we don't have to let it die. We can still remember it, celebearate () it, and embody its messages forever.
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT