BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline
Default The Art Club - OPEN!

Click the image to open in full size.
Credit to PrincessLeia for the amazing banner. Also, a big thanks to FishBowl! :3

Welcome To The Art Club!

Art is a wonderful form of expressing yourself.
The Art Club is a great place to share your passion with others on BI.
Here you can discuss art, post your own art, share your own artwork, come here to ask for advice, learn new things, critique others and have a great time, overall.

Art comes in many different forms. Some of these include drawing, painting, sculpting, literature, poetry, music, crafts, photography, origami, graphics and much, much more.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

• Follow the BI rules at all times.
• Be nice to other members.
• Try your best to be active.
• Please make all your posts relevant to the thread.
• Do not steal artwork that is not your own.
• Be careful with your words whilst critiquing other member's artwork, and - remember to ask them before doing so.
• Make sure ALL of your artwork is appropriate for BI. This includes personal information, such as some signatures.
• No spamming, please.
• And, most importantly... HAVE FUN! ^^

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Pencil Shavings - Just joined.
Paper - Has posted 5 posts in the club.
Paint Brush - Has posted 20 posts in the club and has submitted their artwork to the gallery/posted 1 piece of their artwork.
Acrylic Paint - Has posted 50 posts in the club, has submitted 3 pieces of their artwork to the gallery/posted 3 pieces of their artwork and has critqued someone else's artwork.
Watercolour - Has posted 75 posts in the club, has submitted over 3 pieces of their artwork to the gallery/posted over 3 pieces their artwork, has critiqued 3 pieces of someone else's artwork and has 10 stars.
Clay - Has posted 100 posts in the club, has submitted 5 pieces of their artwork to the gallery/posted 5 pieces of their artwork, has critiqued over 3 pieces of someone else's artwork, has over 15 stars and has participated in at least 1 contest.
Canvas - Has posted 200 posts in the club, has submitted 10 pieces of their artwork to the gallery/posted 10 pieces of their, has critiqued over 6 pieces of someone else's artwork, has 25 stars, has participated in 3 contests and has shared a fact with the club.
True Artist - Has posted 250 posts in the club, has submitted 15 pieces of artwork to the gallery, has critiqued 10 pieces of someone else's artwork, has 30 stars, has participated in 5 contests and has shared 5 facts with the club.

If you believe you should be moved up a level, please inform me.
Ranks are restricted to this order - you cannot skip a rank.

If you would like to join The Art Club, please fill in the following form:

Username:
Nickname:
What types of art will you submit?:
Have you read the rules?
Will you be active?:
Anything else (suggestions, comments, etc.)?:

No matter your ability - we'd love to have you! ^^

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-06-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of

This year at school, my friend and I will be teaching the new year how to draw manga art.
So I can prepare, I'm going to try my best to teach you as much as I can! ^^
I'm not the best teacher in the world, but - I'll promise I'll try my best!
If you would like to request a tutorial, just ask! :3
I specialize in digital art, but - I can also draw traditionally.
I also love origami, so - if you would like any tutorials on how to make any, just ask.
Neon will also be helping out. Ask either of us for help, and - we promise we'll try our best!

Origami Cranes - Requested by BritneyBearHug791:
Spoiler: show

Origami cranes are a symbol of long life, happiness and peace and happiness in Japan. Legend has it that a wish will be granted to anyone who folds 1000 paper cranes.

You will need:
Origami paper or paper and a pair of scissors.

1. Get some origami paper.
If you do not have any origami paper - don't worry! ^^
You can fold any piece of paper from one of the corners to make a right angle and cut it to make a square.

2. Fold the paper horizontally, vertically and diagonally both ways.
It should end up like the picture on the left.

3. Fold the paper like shown below:

4. Fold the top corner down as well as both of the sides and take them apart again.

5. Fold the paper in the picture like below:

Repeat this on both sides.

6. Fold both sides inwards so they look like the picture on the right.
Repeat on both sides.

7. Follow the following steps:

8. Pull both sides out and make a head by folding the top of one of the sides down inwards.

9. Fold down the wings.

10. TA-DAH! You've finished it! ^^

Try it out for yourself and post a picture! ^^
I'd love to see what it looks like. :3

By HoneyBanana30.

I do not own the GIFs by any means.

How To Assemble A Senbazuru - Requested by BritneyBearHug791:
Spoiler: show
Japanese legend has it that a wish will be granted to anyone who folds 1000 paper cranes. Today, senbazuru are given as good luck wishes at weddings and births. They are also hung up in homes for decoration. They are often given to loved ones in the hospital to wish them a safe and speedy recovery.

You will need:
Some origami cranes (1000 traditionally).
A needle.
Some thread.
Beads.

1. Thread the needle with a cotton of your choice.
2. Tie a double knot at the the end.
3. Thread the bead into the needle.
4. Secure the bead at the bottom of the thread.
5. Next, thread the crane that you would like at the bottom.
6. Repeat the process in the order you would like with the number of cranes you desire.
7. After your final crane, thread a final bead to secure the frames in place and make a loop at the top.
8. TA-DAH! You've finished your senbazuru! :3

By HoneyBanana30.

My mum was the model here. XD

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-16-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

This month's contest is to draw your favourite character.
Book, film, game, anime, manga - absolutely anything! ^^ We'd love to see what you can do!
Everyone who participates will receive 1 star.
Please post your entry in a spoiler, as well as informing me that it is an entry for the contest.

Prizes:
1st place - 10 stars.
2nd place - 5 stars.
3rd place - 3 stars.

Deadline: 1st September.

Good luck! ^^
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

This week's question:
What type of art style was used in this painting?

Deadline: 29th August.

Remember to post your answer in a spoiler.
Everyone who gets the correct answer wins 1 star! :3
The question changes every Friday (Saturday from the 29th).
Good luck! ^^

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-22-2014 at 05:46 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

The Artist Of The Week award is awarded to one member every week.
This member will be chosen every Friday (Saturday from the 29th) by either Neon & me for various reasons, including how active they've been, their attitude and their ability to help others.

This week's artist of the week is...

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size. BritneyBearHug791! Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you so much for posting your amazing art, entering the new contest and being active!

Congratulations! ^^
You have won 3 stars.
Keep up the good work! :3

If you would like to suggest someone to become the next Artist Of The Week, please VM Neon or me.

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-22-2014 at 05:47 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:40 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

Here we display some of our members' finest works.
If you would like some of your artwork displayed here in the gallery, comment with a picture of your artwork and we'll happily put it up for you.

Note: There can only be 16 pieces of artwork up at a time. These will stay here for a month before being changed. These slots are being handed out on a first-come first-served basis. Be quick to avoid disappointment.

Slots left: 15.

~Milky Way Wishes~
By HoneyBanana30.

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-06-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:41 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

HoneyBanana30 (Honey) - Owner.
NeonSmiley : ) (Neon) - Co-Owner.

FishBowl (Abby) - Paper.
Paddingtona (Paddi) - Pencil Sharpenings.
rachelangel477girl (Rachel) - Pencil Sharpenings.
BritneyBearHug791 (Britney/Sailor) - Paper.
MaegenBuddy (Maegen) - Pencil Shavings.

1. Abby - 6 stars.
2. Britney - 4 stars.
3. Paddi, Rachel + Maegen - 0 stars.

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 08-17-2014 at 04:04 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

You may now join! :3
Old 08-06-2014, 11:01 AM
FishBowl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbyAutumn1839

FishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond repute
 FishBowl is offline Status: Offline

Username: FishBowl
Nickname: Abby
What types of art will you submit?: Drawings, paintings, watercolors, sketches?
Have you read the rules? Yup!
Will you be active?: As long as I'm on BI, I'll be on here.
Anything else (suggestions, comments, etc.)?: Lovely to see a club that is very diverse and not really restricted to just one hobby or interest, as art in itself has extreme depth! =D
Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by FishBowl
Username: FishBowl
Nickname: Abby
What types of art will you submit?: Drawings, paintings, watercolors, sketches?
Have you read the rules? Yup!
Will you be active?: As long as I'm on BI, I'll be on here.
Anything else (suggestions, comments, etc.)?: Lovely to see a club that is very diverse and not really restricted to just one hobby or interest, as art in itself has extreme depth! =D
Welcome to the club! ^^
I hope you have a great time here and have lots of fun. :3
Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM
FishBowl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbyAutumn1839

FishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond reputeFishBowl has a reputation beyond repute
 FishBowl is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
Welcome to the club! ^^
I hope you have a great time here and have lots of fun. :3
Thanks!!

The drawing you just put into the gallery is fantastic, oh my gosh!
How long have you been drawing manga style?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT