BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
sammik
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SammiSnowball

sammik is on a distinguished road
 sammik is offline Status: Offline

Well, it's two stories. The first story has the regular unstuffed furry friends, with the exception of the NYC exclusive bear. That bear is white with the words "I [heart] New York" in black. The top floor is very similar to most other BABWs I've been to.

The bottom floor, though, is what is cool. There is the cafe, which looked really cool, but I did not eat there, so I don't know about the food. But no utensils are allowed, haha. Then they have the Build-a-Dino section, as well as the "world bear" outfits, which include things like a Scottish kilt set, a Japanese kimono set, etc.

And there were no lines because they had so many stuffing stations! I bought the USA Spirit Teddy and dressed her in the Statue of Libearty outfit. Her name is Lady Liberty.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 AM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

Come on. Post a picture of the bear. Don't leave us hanging here You must share with those who can't be there. The place sounds fantastic. Definitely well worth seeing.
Does your fiance think you're totally nuts or did he buy an animal too?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 AM
sammik
Trading Teddy

Sorry, the only picture I have has me in it too and I'm acting really goofy in my hotel room. :P

Click the image to open in full size.

And my fiance thinks I'm pretty crazy, lol. He handles it well, though, and only complains if I start to want to spend TOO much money.

Last edited by JessBearHug; 06-22-2008 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: resize picture
Old 06-22-2008, 04:45 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light

I LOVE it. She's so cute!!! Now I want that outfit. Thanks for sharing the picture Sammi. Hope you don't mind. I shrunk it down. Glad he takes it well.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
kristendiva18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: kristendiva18

kristendiva18 is on a distinguished road
 kristendiva18 is offline Status: Offline

LOVE IT!!!!! i have been dying to get that bear!!!!! so what else did you do in NYC?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:44 PM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for sharing the pics of NYC, it brings back happy memories. For everyone else to know, the cafe food is really nice there but it is expensive for what it is. It's fun to eat there though, you get little chairs to hook on the table for your bear to sit on and the waiter gives it a little bib. It's so fun.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy

Same thing they do at American Girl cafe. We saw the one in Atlanta but didn't eat there.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Shelbysummer12
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Shelbysummer12

Shelbysummer12 is on a distinguished road
 Shelbysummer12 is offline Status: Offline
Default Omg

GREAT PICTURES!!! I heard the pawtys there are 400 dollars I wish ours her was that big!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
sammik
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by JessBearHug
I LOVE it. She's so cute!!! Now I want that outfit. Thanks for sharing the picture Sammi. Hope you don't mind. I shrunk it down. Glad he takes it well.

Thanks, I was wondering how I could do that, lol. My camera takes HUGE pictures. :P

I did a bunch of cool stuff in New York. We saw polar bears, puffins, penguins, and more at the Central Park Zoo, we attended the Peabody Awards ceremony (Stephen Colbert and Tina Fey were there!), we visited FAO Schwarz, and we saw The Little Mermaid on Broadway!! That was amazing!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Shelbysummer12
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Shelbysummer12

Shelbysummer12 is on a distinguished road
 Shelbysummer12 is offline Status: Offline
Default Usa Teddy

That was a great Idea to buy it the Statue of Liberty clothes since it is the USA teddy to they have a teddy for like South Afria teddy for them and like Europe teddies in Europe??????
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT